Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #106
ihearthatter
Earning My Ears
 
ihearthatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9

Has anyone here ever spent Halloween night at the resort? We bought party tix but I'm debating if a quieter evening doing resort activities would actually be more fun for my 1 1/2 year old...
ihearthatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #107
bankgirl05
DIS Veteran
 
bankgirl05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: southern NJ
Posts: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearthatter View Post
Has anyone here ever spent Halloween night at the resort? We bought party tix but I'm debating if a quieter evening doing resort activities would actually be more fun for my 1 1/2 year old...
Just my opinion, but for your little ones age, I would probably save the money if you can get a refund. I have heard that Halloween night party is extremely crowded. We went to the 9/24 party, which was sold out, and it rained, so parades were cancelled, making everyone wet and miserable, and crowding the rides and candy lines (still shorter lines than normal for rides, but longer than normal for party nights KWIM?) I saw the list of activities at the resort and it looks fun!!! If trick-or-treating is important to you find out whether or not they still do it at Fort Wilderness Campground.
bankgirl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #108
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer
 
LoveMMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTheMagic View Post
We are scheduled to leave FQ tomorrow (10/2) and have extra bottled water for whoever responds. We will be checking out around 9 so will be checking the boards before that. We can leave it at the desk for you if needed. So sad to be leaving, but had a nice time - though many technical issues - including water that was delivered to the resort the day before we arrived and not getting it until 3 days before we leave - thus extra waters! Still trying to figure out how to personal message on here, so please be patient if you want the water.
Got the water! And my DD loved the glow sticks! Thank you.

First time at FQ and loving the resort. So small, pretty and little touches make this my favourite so far. Some good and bad luck with buses but nothing too bad.

Parks are quiet, CMs have been great - no complaints!
Character interaction has been awesome! Except 1 - Thursday morning, Ariel in her grotto- terrible- didn't interact with my 4 year old - and Ariel is her favourite. DH and I were surprised as every other character this week has been so amazing - that this one surprised us.

One family gave us rapunzel passes as they were leaving which thrilled me.

Happy days!
__________________
Me DH DD4 DS- baby
DL 1982, 1988, 2001
WDW 1995 Off Property
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #109
summerlady
DIS Veteran
 
summerlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sparta, New Jersey
Posts: 2,607

Got home on September 21 and just booked with the Disney Visa Stay Play & Dine for March 5, 2014. Woooooot! Me, DH, and DGD! Already done with my ADRs, too. Whew. Guess I better get a new ticker.
__________________


~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #110
LONES
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 354

Looks like we're coming back to the French Quarter in January! I booked under P/S/D this morning. I was shocked FQ was available! In 2012.. I could only get Free Dining at Riverside, so we had moved over there for the 1st time. I was so nervous at the time, but ended up loving it there also!

Can't wait for January!!!!!!!
LONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #111
summerlady
DIS Veteran
 
summerlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sparta, New Jersey
Posts: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONES View Post
Looks like we're coming back to the French Quarter in January! I booked under P/S/D this morning. I was shocked FQ was available! In 2012.. I could only get Free Dining at Riverside, so we had moved over there for the 1st time. I was so nervous at the time, but ended up loving it there also!

Can't wait for January!!!!!!!
Same thing happened to me in 2012, but I wasn't that happy about POR. So glad I was able to get POFQ this morning!
__________________


~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #112
LONES
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
Same thing happened to me in 2012, but I wasn't that happy about POR. So glad I was able to get POFQ this morning!
I liked Riverside a lot more than I thought I would. We were in the mansions, and I thought it was just beautiful there. We travel with my parents who have some mobility issues. They also liked POR more than they thought they would, but the walking was just too much for them. I think FQ is a better option for this trip!
LONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #113
zy144622
Mouseketeer
 
zy144622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 379

Excited to be saying a FQ feb 1-8! Our family has stayed a POR before and love it! Last trip (feb 2013) we spent a day at FQ and agreed we must stay with our kids DD5 and DS2 in 2014.

I wasn't so sure we would get a deal I make that happen but we did.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #114
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,157

Just wanted to say that I got back from my 1st POFQ stay last night. What a great little resort!!

I spent 5 nights/6 days and found my room to be extremely clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful! All of the CM's were fantastic. I had two continuing reservations at POFQ in order to apply my 35% military discount to all nights of my stay and the front desk made sure that I did not have to switch rooms! which was great.

I was in building four, room 4334. It met our requests of 3rd floor and corner room. We had a working fridge in the room.

The buses were great!!!! Came very frequently and never too full. Not once did we share with POR.

All in all, I can't say one bad thing about POFQ. My only other moderate stay was CBR, which we didn't like. POFQ blew it out of the water on all counts!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #115
epcotitis
Mouseketeer
 
epcotitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 215

I don't see the SPD discount on website. How did you all book it.??
__________________
epcotitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #116
vicky33006
Mouseketeer
 
vicky33006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 356

Just booked SPD and saved over $1000 for our 9 night stay! I'm beyond excited!! Can't wait for our first stay at POFQ. I was so worried we would have to switch resorts to get a discount. This is a great surprise for us
__________________
Me: DS (7): ...Just the two of us

vicky33006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #117
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?
 
Lintasare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Somewhere in Middle-Earth
Posts: 5,636

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankgirl05 View Post
Just my opinion, but for your little ones age, I would probably save the money if you can get a refund. I have heard that Halloween night party is extremely crowded. We went to the 9/24 party, which was sold out, and it rained, so parades were cancelled, making everyone wet and miserable, and crowding the rides and candy lines (still shorter lines than normal for rides, but longer than normal for party nights KWIM?) I saw the list of activities at the resort and it looks fun!!! If trick-or-treating is important to you find out whether or not they still do it at Fort Wilderness Campground.
I was at the 9/24 and it didn't seem sold out. And both parades and the fireworks went off so not sure where you got the parades were cancelled.
__________________
Numerous trips as a child and adult. Next Trip: 9th Annual Food and Wine Birthday trip to POP!, CP Intern Fall Advantage 2002 Hollywood Brown Derby



Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #118
DizneyDogz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 31

Booked our first stay s/p/d for pofq today for a January stay. A three adult 5 day myw tickets and meal plan in a garden room at fq was about twenty dollars cheaper than riverside.
__________________
DizneyDogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #119
tinkerone
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just wanted to say that I got back from my 1st POFQ stay last night. What a great little resort!!

I spent 5 nights/6 days and found my room to be extremely clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful! All of the CM's were fantastic. I had two continuing reservations at POFQ in order to apply my 35% military discount to all nights of my stay and the front desk made sure that I did not have to switch rooms! which was great.

I was in building four, room 4334. It met our requests of 3rd floor and corner room. We had a working fridge in the room.

The buses were great!!!! Came very frequently and never too full. Not once did we share with POR.

All in all, I can't say one bad thing about POFQ. My only other moderate stay was CBR, which we didn't like. POFQ blew it out of the water on all counts!
we have this coming up as well. can you tell me, did you have to re-check in for your second stay or did they do both check ins at the same time? I also had a spot to order the bands and it asked for color preferences for both reservations. would I not just use the same ones over?
thanks for any help you can give.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #120
Sue M
DIS Veteran
 
Sue M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: B.C.
Posts: 9,793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just wanted to say that I got back from my 1st POFQ stay last night. What a great little resort!!

I spent 5 nights/6 days and found my room to be extremely clean. Mousekeeping was wonderful! All of the CM's were fantastic. I had two continuing reservations at POFQ in order to apply my 35% military discount to all nights of my stay and the front desk made sure that I did not have to switch rooms! which was great.

I was in building four, room 4334. It met our requests of 3rd floor and corner room. We had a working fridge in the room.

The buses were great!!!! Came very frequently and never too full. Not once did we share with POR.

All in all, I can't say one bad thing about POFQ. My only other moderate stay was CBR, which we didn't like. POFQ blew it out of the water on all counts!
Welcome home!! Glad you enjoyed FQ. We had bldg 4 corner room too, great location!
__________________
Past Trips:
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faq, french quarter, pofq, port orleans



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: