Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

You brought WHAT home from Disney?!?! A Sept 2013 TR epic UPDATE 8/1/14

Do you like warm fuzzy TR that make you cry??????????

Do you like Happy Endings with woodland creatures at the end???????????????

Do you like perfect families that get along all the time??????????

Well if you do, this TR is not for you!

We are a real family who had a lot of real (if not unmagical moments) times during our trip. BUT a day in Disney is better than a day at home, right!?!

Some info on us and our trip..........

The When:
Sept 18 to the 27

The Why:
Mom sold her house in NY (after moving ot Vegas 1.5 years ago) and wanted to take EVERYONE on a trip to WDW. Everyone being...me and my crew... my sister and her BF, DD18, DS10 and DD4...and my DBro. BUT my sister annoyed her one too many times and she decided not to invite her (just her kids! and it wasn't a big deal because my sister did not know about the trip until after she was uninvited)...then mom realized my brother who is 25 would have a hard time having a good time with all the kids so he wasn't invited. My DNi18 decided not to go as she had way more cooler things to do.

The Where:
Wilderness Lodge Woods View. In the past my family has stayed at ASMo, but Ma didn't want to deal with buses....oh if only she knew!

Up Next............ "The Who" (because the baby is screaming, and has been for 42 minutes, as he has come home from WDW and refuses to sleep in his crib).
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870

Last edited by starann; 08-01-2014 at 08:59 PM.
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Intrigued! Following for more! :D
Upcoming: February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
lilbrimomma
Earning My Ears

Subscribed and ready to read!! Really looking forward to the September view! We will be going on our 2nd trip and our son's 1st trip, in September 2014!!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
starann

The Who

Because the baby is FINALLY sleeping, 4 hours after I laid him down for a nap.........

The Who: (I'll add photos later...on my laptop and have to load pictures onto photobucket)

Me: Star (yup, that's really my name!). I am a 33 year old wife, mom and nurse. I work 12 hours on Sat and 12 on Sun as a visiting nurse (I go into peoples homes to treat them). I used to work mon-fri but with the 3 kids daycare was CRAZY so I switched to weekends and LOVE it. I have been to WDW at age 7, multiple times as a late teen then again in 2006, 2008 and 2010. I LOVE it there and would prefer to vacation at WDW over any other place.

DH: Randy. Randy is a former Dept of Defense firefighter, now Mon-Fri building/fire inspector. He is going to be 40 this year. He has an antique firetruck which he enters into car and truck shows and parades. He had never been to WDW before 2006, stating "Why would I want to see some over priced, over grown RAT!" Needless to say he has been in 2006, 2008 and 2010 and loves it!!!

DS1: Cody is 9 and is in 4th grade. He is a really bright boy, LOVES to read but has Aspergers, ADHD, anxiety and Tourettes. This was the 1st trip that we actually had a diagnosis for him (in past trips it was just meltdowns and emotional immaturity). He loves POTC and Star Wars. This was his 4th trip to WDW and he loves all rides, well all rides except TOT!

DS2: Shane is 8 and is in 3rd grade. He is a sweet boy who knows how to push all of my buttons. I think having a special needs older brother and a younger brother (hence, being a middle child) has been shaping his behavior lately and he has not been pleasant to be around (as you will see in our trip) He does GREAT in school and it comes so easy for him, but he is getting lazy lately and it has been a fight to do any homework. He also LOVES Star Wars. His favorite ride is not a ride at all, it is One Man's Dream.

DS3: Casey....aka CJ. He is 2.5 and proving to be a little boy (with all the rough and tumble little boy things). We found out I was preggo a few weeks before our last trip in Sept (which meant no drinks for me!). Thankfully I was feeling ok that trip, but when I came home, it all started to fall apart....I ended up getting so sick I lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks, was diagnosed with hyperemesis (severe nausea and vomiting in pregnancy), was put on a pump of medicine (Zofran) to help the nausea stop, the pump gave me an infection. Finally got rid of the pump around Thanksgiving time and the middle of December I started having issues with a super fast heart beat (tachycardia) and then passed out at work, so I was admitted to the hospital over New Years. That continued to be an issue, along with high blood pressure until the end of the pregnancy when I started having kidney issues and pre-eclampsia. So it was not an easy pregnancy! I was induced and 3 hours and 55 minutes later we found out baby #3 was baby boy #3!!!!!!!! Other than as an embryo, he had never been to WDW. He loves Mickey Mouse and I was SO excited for him to meet the man himself....... Mickey Mouse.

Ma: (I think she will kick my behind if I put her age!) Lynnis. She moved to Vegas 2 years ago and is the reason for this trip. She LOVES Jimminy Cricket and all the classic rides (like IASW). She is a bus snob and picked WL for the fact it is a deluxe resort and had ceiling fans. No lie, ceiling fans!

DNe10: Sam is in 4th grade and is my sisters son. He is Star Wars obsessed (no really, it's the only thing he talks about..to the point I think he has Aspergers, but my sister is not one to deal with anything so she has never had him tested...that and she thinks he is perfect and tells anyone who will listen that he is her favorite child). He has never been to WDW or really spent more than a night away from my sister!

DNi4: Willow. Willow is what we call a strong willed child. She has perfectly sweet moments and then moments where anyone around her wants to hang her by her toes. She is moody (like my sister) but also animated. Her best friend is her hand (who she call Fing, and her other hand is Fing's Mom, and they talk and move when she is nervous or bored). Fing really didn't make a lot of appearances during the trip, which leads me to think she is bored far too much at home. She has never spent a night away from my sister, which I thought would have been an issue, but really wasn't.

So that's it for the crew who ended up going. Eight. Eight is enough. Eight is too much. We prefer 5, just the 5 of us.

Up Next.......the night before and getting there
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........

Last edited by starann; 10-09-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I'm here, Star! I'm not sure I realized your niece and nephew were going with you. That adds a whole new element!
I hate that we didn't end up meeting up that Friday, but hopefully we can remedy that next year?? Hint, hint!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
starann

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrimomma View Post
Subscribed and ready to read!! Really looking forward to the September view! We will be going on our 2nd trip and our son's 1st trip, in September 2014!!
[COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"]
We always go in Sept/early Oct and We like it. It's hot enough to go swimming at night (later in Oct is can get a bit chilly at night). Just make sure you invest in Poncho's. There was a lot of rain this trip (oh crud, so much for the element of surprise LOL!) and a storm that was 2 days of rain which is not typical.[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I'm here, Star! I'm not sure I realized your niece and nephew were going with you. That adds a whole new element!
I hate that we didn't end up meeting up that Friday, but hopefully we can remedy that next year?? Hint, hint!

I was bummed too. Hallowishes was awesome (I think I have video of it somewhere). And yes it added a whole new dynamic. Traveling with 5 kids on a plane with just 2 adults was...ummm....interesting!

Casey 5-13-11
and last..........

Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Following too... I'm Debbie from the September Facebook group.....
Old 10-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #9
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

I'm following along too - also from the September facebook group. I love Disney in September, though we go at the beginning of the month.

Terry
Old 10-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Joining in

It sounds like a crazy fun crew!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
starann

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
Following too... I'm Debbie from the September Facebook group.....

Hey! thanks for coming over!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthequeen View Post
I'm following along too - also from the September facebook group. I love Disney in September, though we go at the beginning of the month.

Terry

[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Hello!!! Thanks for coming over!We have gone over Labor Day, late Sept into Oct and now mid to late Sept. Labor day is hard for us now as our school starts the week before Labor day, so we prefer to give the boys a few weeks in school, then pull them out.
[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Joining in

It sounds like a crazy fun crew!
[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]
Hello! Thanks for coming along for this ride. It was a crazy crew! But that's how my family rolls.....crazy![COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........

Old 10-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
starann

And we're off toooo.............................

I know I promised pictures and an update, but I was at work today, and will be again tomorrow. Fingers crossed for Monday if I don't end up at the Dr's. It seems as if I am sick. Was coughing a bit all day (felt like I choked on something) then was REALLY tired. Body aches started, so I knew a fever (for me is in the 99 range, as I normally run 96) was coming. Coming it did, even with some meds it was 99.9 (an hour after the meds were taken). Coughing (with 3 kids...moms, you know where I am going here) which lead to gagging, which lead to coughing which lead to 'leaking' which lead to gagging, which lead to more 'leaking'. It was at this point in the night I turned to the boys and said "Thanks boys, Mommy just peed herself!"

So I just loaded up on cough syrup (due to my epilepsy I can't take anything over the counter, I have to take a med that has codeine, which means I can only take it at bedtime), took my night time meds, some more fever meds and I am heading to lala land soon......well.......maybe Neverland!!!!!!!!!!!
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........

Old 10-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #13
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm joining.

Our family is pretty real too, and not all things that happen are pretty or all sunshine and cupcakes, so I'm down for real.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
Iamthequeen
DIS Veteran

Feel better Star. I was home sick for a day and a half myself. Back to normal, which means back to work tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #15
scholastica
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more!
scholastica is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: