Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #2836
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
A press release from last week stated Nov. 1 is full roll out of MBs for all DISNEY properties, so no worries, you will have one for Feb!
yep..y travel agent was there Sept 15th and Disney announced to them it would be in all resorts by Mid October...
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #2837
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDmbNut View Post
yep..y travel agent was there Sept 15th and Disney announced to them it would be in all resorts by Mid October...
Does that also include the Swan/Dolphin or only Disney-operated resorts?
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #2838
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
Just Disney operated resorts at this point. The Swan and Dolphin have not yet been included.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #2839
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Just Disney operated resorts at this point. The Swan and Dolphin have not yet been included.
Thanks!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 10-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #2840
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I don't know if they would include S&D. I know you are unable to charge items to your room from the parks, so they probably aren't on the same system'
Old 10-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #2841
madgali2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondakg View Post
Same question for you as above did you get to customize at 60 days after you did online check in? what day did you get the CUSTOMIZE YOUR BANDS sign? thanks!!!!
not sure think it was about 45-50days out!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #2842
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggleGoddess View Post
We are doing a split stay. October 4-7th at POP and 7-10th at WL. We have a bunk bed room - woods view. My friend who is a cast member got me the 40% room discount...i never used my discount when I worked costuming back in 09 so this is the closest I could come to to save some moolah. How do I get put on the LL?

Sent from my Z10 using DISBoards
I've added you to the LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
Howdy folks. We are just back from a fabulous first stay at WL. Thanks for all the tips and pics that really helped make our trip that much more wonderful. A few observations about our stay at the Lodge, and other aspects of the trip.

...We stayed in room 6142 (Woods View), which was one of the top floor room overlooking the Villas. This room had a closed balcony, which was OK by me. We sat out on the balcony some, but not a whole lot. It would have been nice to have an open balcony, but no big deal.

...That big lovely lobby was a total magnet for us. We kept finding ourselves drawn to it. Listening to the soothing music, taking in the sights, soaking in the ambiance.

...DW and I enjoyed the nature trail. We walked it one evening and saw a deer grazing just a few feet away from us. Such a serene sight. We got caught pretty far out on the trail by ourselves as the sun went down, and were really troubled by hordes of gnats. I was somewhat surprised there was not a bit more signage or lighting along the way. Lots of fun though. DW and I joked that if we wandered along any longer we would wind up like the people on "Naked and Afraid"

...Mixed reviews for Roaring Forks. The Bounty Platter was disgusting; breakfast croissant was just alright; the Mickey waffles with strawberries were edible. Best meal I had there was a cheeseburger late one night

...I am an earlier riser than the rest of the clan, so had a few mornings where it was just me and a mug of coffee wandering the grounds watching the sun come up. These were some of my most favorite moments of the trip.

...I was so sad to have to leave today. Even though I am a 40something year old man, my heart was heavy and I felt a distinct sense of loss at having to leave that lovely place and end our vacation.

I can hardly wait to go back!
Welcome back and thank you for posting about your stay! We all share your sense of loss when we depart. Did you book a BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
My DH suggested that we take the trail to our ADR at Trail's End, in the dark, and I told him that the people on the WL thread suggested that it wasn't a good idea to walk the trail in the dark.
I've tried to jog on the path before sunrise and after a few hundred feet I had to turn back. Unless you have a miner's helmet or flashlight, it's pitch black and there aren't any lights. But, you and DH could walk to FW for dinner and take the boat back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missmaggiemay View Post
Here now and the weather is great and crowds are low!
We're all jealous! Enjoy your stay and thanks for checking in with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We are loving our stay here, and especially the OFC. Haven't really had any evening offerings, but did enjoy the scallops, pulled pork and shepherds pie. The cobbler is also so yummy! So far we have tried peach and strawberry, blueberry and apple.

The cast members are wonderful also. We are headed into the MK later today to have lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and the for the a Wishes Dessert Party. This has been a relaxing trip, just kind of hanging out and enjoying the resort.
I'm really sensing another OFC booking for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebbynan View Post
Oh my goodness....this place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! We loved loved loved the stay here. The boys really liked the bunk beds. They even took turns with who got to be on the top bunk. We only had bad weather one day and the crowds were the lowest we've ever seen (usually go in October/November/February). The only thing we waited a long time for was Soaring - and that was because of the rain and EVERYONE being inside the land pavilion. All in all it was a great trip, went by way to fast and I can't believe it's over!!! .
What a great trip you had and lots of great memories and fun. I hope you can book your next stay soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofynut41 View Post
Got all my plans in order now... had to scale back a lot but was still gonna make it happen ... now the Government shut down... If something don't give there this trip is really over....
So sorry to read this. DH is furloughed now, too. I completely understand your frustration and not being able to make plans. So many are wondering if/when they will be paid and/or if/when they can take leave, etc... so much uncertainty. For so many, it's almost impossible to look forward to a vacation or rationalize taking a vacation (or any other non-discretionary spending) with this crisis, the impending debt ceiling limit expiration in a couple of weeks and ongoing sequestration. Rant over. Now back to your regularly scheduled WL/VWL programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa D Doodah View Post
There were two emotions that took this grizzled old WDW vet by surprise on my first WL stay...
1) I felt more relaxed than I remember on any previous WDW vacation. WL lends itself to slowing down and chilling out. The property invites guests to discover its charm and beauty in unexpected places such as predawn boat whistles, dusky animal encounters, and shaded pathways that stretch out forever.

2) After 17 family trips to WDW you might think I would be immune to feeling so down about leaving. However, yesterday morning when we were checking out, I realized that I was dealing with a great sense of loss as the vacation came to an end. I am still not so sure that I like that the place got its hooks into me in such a way.

I told DW as we were sitting in the lobby waiting for the bus to take us to the airport that the WL was a metaphor for life: Everyone knew that their time there was coming to an end. But when the end came, the great majority were sad to know the end had arrived. All the while new folks were coming along to begin their own grand adventure which would also come to an end all too soon. (No extra charge for the dime store philosophy )
Grizzled?! Never in your 40's

All your great insights make me know that you had a wonderful vacation. You know you've picked the right resort and venue when you feel like you did. Time to start planning another trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala View Post
Back home after 8 nights at disney, our first night (room only) at art of animation and then 7 nights club level at WL. I was very impressed that our room was ready at 9 am when we checked in and we got bunk beds like the kids wanted. I was very disappointed with the club lounge offerings as I am used to Beach and Yacht club. We never ate breakfast in the lounge because we usually eat boiled eggs and oatmeal that the other lounges had and WL doesn't have these and I can't have all the pastries that WL offered. The desserts were also a disappointment to all of us as we are used to YC/BC having a bigger variety. Also the lounge closes at 10 where at YC/BC the drink offerings are out all night, so you can grab a cola when you come in late. It just didn't feel like it was a "special" area like the other resorts have. The cast members were AMAZING though and so very nice and helpful. Plus we got to watch the crew take the raw hide covering off the huge lobby lights one day and that made me kiddos very happy.
Thank you for posting your experience. Isn't it great that there's a WDW Resort for everyone? We all value different aspects of each resort/location/CL... and there's the perfect resort (or two) for each of us. But, sometimes there isn't just one, so splits and multiple trips are acceptable. Have fun planning your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaurora View Post
Hi, everyone! I've been stalking the thread for quite some time, but now I am coming out of lurkdom with a question.

My DD and I are lucky enough to be spending 11 nights at the Wilderness Lodge starting in about 2 weeks! While at Disney World we will be attending 2 of the halloween parties. Any opinions/experiences on what mode of transportation would be best to return to the Lodge at the end of the parties - bus or boat? We anticipate staying until 12:00 am.

Thanks so much!!
Just want to welcome you to the thread! If you're spending 11 nights, why not mix it up a bit and try the bus and boat and see which works best for you and your family. As far as travel time, the bus is faster and probably less utilized than the boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
This is exactly how we feel!
Nice to see Musket Mickey around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgali2000 View Post
Magic bands arrived today!!! Wahoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
We also got our magic bands today. I'm nervous I hate wearing watches and bracelets and tried mine on and I don't like it either!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You can still use your KTTW card or maybe you could hook the MB to a belt loop or to a carabiner like this:

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 10-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #2843
MistressGracey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A press release from last week stated Nov. 1 is full roll out of MBs for all DISNEY properties, so no worries, you will have one for Feb!
Quote:
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the good news
Ft Wilderness Campground June 1992, Comfort Inn LBV August 1993, Howard Johnson DTD July 1994, Comfort Inn LBV June 1995, Caribe Royal LBV April 1996, Holiday Inn LBV April 1997, Holiday Inn LBV April 1998, Holiday Inn LBV March 1999, Hilton DTD March 2001, Orlando Vista LBV April 2008, Best Western DTD April 2009, Wilderness Lodge January 2010, AKL/Polynesian CL September 2010, Best Western DTD February 2011, POP/POFQ August 2011, Coronado Springs April 2012, Yacht Club/AOA September 2012, ASMu December 2012, ASMo/CBR May 2013, ASSp/PORiverside September 2013, Holiday Inn Universal December 2013, ASSp February 2014, Anaheim Del Sol June 2014, ASSp January 2015, Anaheim Desert Inn May 2015

Coming Soon: WDW Half Marathon January 2015 & Tinkerbell Half Marathon May 2015

Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #2844
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Ok - so I know some on this thread received the option to customize their mb at 65 days and others got to choose their FP selections.
I'm at 65 days and nothing is showing up yet - I keep thinking I'm not looking in the right place I just have so much happy anxiety for my first trip and this is my last hurdle - I just can't wait....
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #2845
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

I did not get mine till almost 35 days or so...
Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #2846
rhondakg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I did not get mine till almost 35 days or so...
Thanks!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #2847
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

We are 42 days out from our first time visit to WL! I made our ADR's at our 180 day mark and now am second guessing our Whispering Canyon dinner ADR. The dinner buffet at Trail's End looks more appealing, especially for our 8 year-old grandson who is a very picky eater. We'll be at AK that day and I'm wondering what is the best transportation option to get to Trail's End from WL. If we take the bus from AK to FW will that let us off on the opposite side of FW from the dining hall and we would then need to ride their internal bus to get to Trail's End? Would we be better off going "home" to WL by bus and then catching the boat from WL to FW? Does that boat let us off in the same area as the boats between MK & FW? I understand the MK boat drops guest off right by Hoop-de-doo and the dining hall where Trail's End is located.

At this late point I can't get our preferred 6:30 pm time slot but earlier or later still have availability. I'm trying to figure out how early we can make it there if we stay at AK until after the parade (leaving AK about 4:15 - 4:30 pm.)
Old 10-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #2848
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
We are 42 days out from our first time visit to WL! I made our ADR's at our 180 day mark and now am second guessing our Whispering Canyon dinner ADR. The dinner buffet at Trail's End looks more appealing, especially for our 8 year-old grandson who is a very picky eater. We'll be at AK that day and I'm wondering what is the best transportation option to get to Trail's End from WL. If we take the bus from AK to FW will that let us off on the opposite side of FW from the dining hall and we would then need to ride their internal bus to get to Trail's End? Would we be better off going "home" to WL by bus and then catching the boat from WL to FW? Does that boat let us off in the same area as the boats between MK & FW? I understand the MK boat drops guest off right by Hoop-de-doo and the dining hall where Trail's End is located.

At this late point I can't get our preferred 6:30 pm time slot but earlier or later still have availability. I'm trying to figure out how early we can make it there if we stay at AK until after the parade (leaving AK about 4:15 - 4:30 pm.)
I guess it depends on how much time you have. The boat from WL to FW will take you very close to the restaurant. And there is a very nice playground located between the boat dock and the restaurants that your grandson might enjoy.

The bus from AK to FW takes you to a bus depot area. Then you have to switch to an internal bus to go from the bus depot up to the restaurant area. It goes through the campgrounds. In fact, that bus might stop at WL first, anyway.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #2849
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I guess it depends on how much time you have. The boat from WL to FW will take you very close to the restaurant. And there is a very nice playground located between the boat dock and the restaurants that your grandson might enjoy.

The bus from AK to FW takes you to a bus depot area. Then you have to switch to an internal bus to go from the bus depot up to the restaurant area. It goes through the campgrounds. In fact, that bus might stop at WL first, anyway.
Thanks, Wood Nymph. That's a good point about the probability of the shared bus. How frequently does the boat between WL & FW run. Also, do you have an idea of how often the internal bus loop at FW runs?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #2850
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Yay!! I am back. I had switched to Coronado Springs for a bit, but found out there is a huge convention there my week AND the Disney Visa offer came out today and I got 35% off a Woods View room!!! So 127 days until I am at the Lodge!! And the discount will stop my resort changing ways, I think.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: