Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #2641
RapunzelsBFF
Earning My Ears

Bumbershoot- Congratulations on goal! What an enormous accomplishment.

Today marks 50 pounds gone for me! So happy to see that number. I've been looking forward to it! Now for my next short term goal....
Old 09-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #2642
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
I told my mom, I got a little too cocky with what was acceptable
Yes it is sort of a cockiness isn't it? "I know what I'm doing" and all that...apparently we dont lol
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #2643
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

Quote:
Yes it is sort of a cockiness isn't it? "I know what I'm doing" and all that...apparently we dont lol
Haha- well I am guilty of getting cocky- and it is becoming a problem. Today is my first day of the week and my goal for the week is to tighten up- I have been taking little bites of this and that and not counting them- My weight-loss, which was already pretty slow, is now REALLY slow. I have had tiny losses the past 2 weeks, (.2, .4)

The good thing is that I have been doing great with exercise. The weather has been so nice for jogging.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:34 PM   #2644
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Congrats in reaching goal, bumbershoot! That is amazing! I have been maintaining since April. The only thing I can say is that is is really hard! Much harder than losing, I think. I am still working on the number of points I'm comfortable with. I know you eat all of your points, so you probably won't struggle as much.

I have missed you ladies! I am going to try to come in here more!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #2645
renes
Earning My Ears

This is my first post here. Two years ago I went on WW and lost 50 pounds. I had about 15 more to lose but became very unmotivated. I maintained for over a year but in the past month or so I have gained 5-7 pounds. I'm not sure what is different. I am still active- running the Haunted Trails 5k this weekend and eating the same I have. Anyone else gone through this? I am 55, so I thought maybe hormones...might have an effect?
renes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #2646
dreamlinda
"dance to the music in your heart"

Quote:
Originally Posted by renes View Post
This is my first post here. Two years ago I went on WW and lost 50 pounds. I had about 15 more to lose but became very unmotivated. I maintained for over a year but in the past month or so I have gained 5-7 pounds. I'm not sure what is different. I am still active- running the Haunted Trails 5k this weekend and eating the same I have. Anyone else gone through this? I am 55, so I thought maybe hormones...might have an effect?
Yep - very much similar to my story. I started back about a month ago, being very careful with portions and that seems to be helping. I also seem to have a lower tolerance to fruit now, I am 62 and thought horomones would hopefully be out of the picture by now. But, maybe that never happens...
Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #2647
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

So I'm not expecting much from tonight's weigh in based on my scale this morning. I'm ok with it mainly b/c i know what I'm doing right and wrong. I know that I'm eating better overall, I know that I'm getting more activity and I know that I'm still making bad choices as well.

I have been going to an hour long spin class every Saturday since Labor Day and I love it! It's hard to get there during the week b/c the class is 30 minutes from my house and an hour from work, with home in between work and the gym. This week I've decided to commit to going to spin at least 1 day during the week, getting there for the 430 class so I'm home by 6 to be with my family. Yesterday was the day and I felt so good about being there. It was a different instructor than my Saturday class and a drastically different class as a result! Saturdays we do the RPM program by Les Mills. Yesterday was a freestyle class. I like RPM better. This instructor was hard core, had us doing things that I just don't like to be honest. Instead of doing the pushups, the hand claps, etc ON the handlebars, I just continued pedaling and kept my hands where they belonged. LOL I will say that I was a drenched, sweaty mess after that class. I worked HARD! I was so proud of myself and I really did push myself. I'm always a sweaty mess after Saturdays, but I was DRENCHED last night.

The point of all of that is this, I know that I'm moving in the right direction, even if the scale isn't showing it. I can see the difference in my legs, my husband commented on my butt, so I know the activity is working. The weight loss will come. I just wish there was a way of showing that for WW purposes. LOL I always feel a sense of defeat when the numbers don't change at all or enough when I get on that scale on Wednesday nights. But I'm trying not to let it bug me. I'm also going to start taking my measurements so that I have a tangible difference that I can look at and see and say "It's working."

I'm so glad I have this thread to vent and talk things out!!!

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #2648
LockShockBarrel

I hit my 10% today. I've actually been feeling a bit bleh over the whole thing because I know I need to get some kind of exercise in but I can't commit to anything. I can feel my motivation and momentum slowing down.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #2649
NC State
DIS Veteran

I'm down another 1.8 lbs this week. I'm on WW but I also doing low carb. I have been on program since March 2012 and I have lost 43.8 lbs, my goal is 60 lbs. I hope changing over to low carb will give me the break I need to continue.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #2650
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockShockBarrel View Post
I hit my 10% today. I've actually been feeling a bit bleh over the whole thing because I know I need to get some kind of exercise in but I can't commit to anything. I can feel my motivation and momentum slowing down.
YAY!! I have been at this since July 10. My 10% is 24.4 pounds and Im stuck at 14-15lbs lost and have been for 3 weeks now. I'm trying not to get down about it, but it's getting harder and harder not to. When I hit my 10%, I know it will be a huge sense of accomplishment. I so desperately want to hit that number....

eh24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #2651
LockShockBarrel

I think my biggest thing now is getting mentally better at this whole thing.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #2652
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I'm going to join you (or rejoin). This is my 4th time on WW. Did great the first time with meetings, bad the 2nd (online) bad the 3rd (meetings), but good the first 5 weeks this time (online). I had a baby 9 weeks ago and on trying to loose the last 20 of baby weight. I'm down 6 lbs so far and 2 lbs from my 10%.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #2653
TenThousandVolts
I just gave 2 examples for the same pronunciation
I would (and will) do it for 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh24fan View Post
YAY!! I have been at this since July 10. My 10% is 24.4 pounds and Im stuck at 14-15lbs lost and have been for 3 weeks now. I'm trying not to get down about it, but it's getting harder and harder not to. When I hit my 10%, I know it will be a huge sense of accomplishment. I so desperately want to hit that number....
eh24fan- We are on a similar trajectory- I started the second week in July also- and I have been stuck for the pat 3 weeks also. I have lost 6.5%. If we keep plugging away, we'll get there After I lose my 10% I only need to lose 1 more pound and I hit my other big goal- which is to have a BMI in the healthy range. That is what I am really striving for.

Bumbershoot- I can't wait to hear about the Tower of Terror 10miler!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #2654
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Hi all -

I've been MIA...kids gave me a horrible cold and after 2 weeks, I'm just starting to feel better. It's awaful when a cold derails you, but food just didn't taste good, I was too tired most nights to even fix a decent meal, blah, blah, blah. But today is weigh in day...I haven't killed myself - just maintained over two weeks and now am back and getting organized.

Bumbershoot - Congrats on goal! Wahoo!

Looks like there have been some other good losses while I've been MIA.

Lynne
WishnDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #2655
LockShockBarrel

Actually now that you mention it, I haven't gotten sick since I've been doing WW. I'm sort of curious how that'll effect my weigh in should (ok WHEN...) I get sick. I typically nibble through the day when I've got a cold or whatever because I'm not usually hungry but know I have to keep my blood sugar from getting too low. Made that mistake last summer, I had what I think was viral and barely ate for 4 days and passed out, so I made myself eat some toast with jelly thinking that little sugar boost would work and it did. I went to the doctor the next day and they flipped out saying they had to do an EKG because "you lost consciousness and that's a big deal!!" and they wouldn't believe me that I knew what a low blood sugar felt like. So one emergency EKG later..they pricked my finger and went "Oh yeah...your sugar's low, you should probably eat" then they tried to tell me it was just allergies. Bull, allergies have never knocked me out like that and given me a fever too. Stupid urgent care.....*sigh* ok back on topic. Usually when I get sick I lose my appetite then once I start feeling better I want ridiculous heavy rich things like mashed potatoes and cheesecake.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: