Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #16
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP add-on

Okay, so our additional day of time off was approved so I just got us two tickets to MNSSHP for the day we get off of the ship, which is Sunday, 10/6/13. I am super excited for this. I got the advance purchase DVC discount, which helped a bit! I havent told DH yet and contemplating whether or not I should. I do want to dress up just a little but, nothing outrageous, but I will need to tell him if that's what we are doing.
I then have also been contemplating adding on another day at a resort for that Sunday to Monday so we dont have to drive home after MNSSHP, but it's another couple hundred dollars and I am just not sure as of right now. We will see how I feel in a few days, i guess. I mean, technically we only live an hour away, but I dont know if I want to drive an hour home at midnight after MNSSHP and after having been on our feet all day long. Then again, I feel as though it's sort of a waste to get a resort room because we only live an hour away. Ugh.. decisions decisions...

That's all I have for now! :P
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #17
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

Hi there - your honeymoon sounds lovely. Can't wait to hear the DH's reaction!

If you want save some cash for hotel after the cruise, I would consider staying on the boat in Nassau; you hardly have any time to explore the ship on a 3-night. Trust me, you won't be bored!
I would also say you can skip Palo. Order room service appetizers for the night you leave CC and sit on the verandah and enjoy. Just as romantic and free!

Boom - you probably just saved enough for the extra night's room!

Just my $0.02; feel free to disregard :-)

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappygrrl View Post
Hi there - your honeymoon sounds lovely. Can't wait to hear the DH's reaction!

If you want save some cash for hotel after the cruise, I would consider staying on the boat in Nassau; you hardly have any time to explore the ship on a 3-night. Trust me, you won't be bored!
I would also say you can skip Palo. Order room service appetizers for the night you leave CC and sit on the verandah and enjoy. Just as romantic and free!

Boom - you probably just saved enough for the extra night's room!

Just my $0.02; feel free to disregard :-)
Wow! I hadn't even thought about ordering food through room service as more of a dinner option! Thats perfect! I didn't want to do Palo or Remy anyway, as I figured we can save that for another cruise that's a little bit longer, as I though that we would be able to then experience the 3 MDR on the 3 night cruise.
I am still trying to decide between getting a room or not during MNSSHP. I actually just went through our budget and it did look like we had more left over than I initially thought, so it's definitely back on the table!

Thanks for the tips and suggestions!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Finally have everything booked!

Just a quick update! I am really excited about this, as I finally feel as though this is now a completed Disney vacation. I ended up booking Coronado Springs for our final day of vacay!! Yay!!!
I got a really good deal with the Fall Florida Resident rate. I was initially leaning towards Pop Century, as it was on the cheaper side for that last night, but with the discount I ended up choosing Coronado, as it made more sense!
Here's a quick outline:

10/2 - My BIRTHDAY!!! Food & Wine and checking into Art of Animation
10/3 - 10/6 check out of hotel and get on Disney Dream Cruise
10/6 - Checking into Disney's Coronado Springs and MNSSHP
10/7 - check out and going back home
Old 09-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #20
BusyBeesMom
Earning My Ears

So exciting! Can't wait to hear more.

Me DH DD
BusyBeesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

9 days to go!!!

Hey everyone!
in 9 days from right now, DH and I will be sitting in one of the dining rooms enjoying dinner on the first night of our cruise on the Disney Dream! I am beyond excited!! I cannot handle it anymore
Every waking minute is spent thinking about the cruise and how much fun DH and I will have! I already find myself not being able to concentrate much at work and wish it would already be here!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Rain, rain go away!

Now that our cruise is getting so close I was able to finally check the weather report and... RAIN with thunderstorms!
I am a little saddened by this because I was hoping for sunny skies, as this is the first vacation that DH and I have taken in 3 years. I definitely won't let this ruin our time, but I am a little bit disappointed!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #23
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Hey there....I just read through and so now I am here for the duration! I think you have a doozy if a surprise lined up! Have you decided on how to tell him about the cruise yet? You could always say you heard about a great place to have lunch before heading to Vero and drive to the port. When you see the ship exclaim "Omg, let me stop to get a good picture!" Then pull in and get out and drop off the bags before going to park. Hand him his package and say "you might want to open this" lolol
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #24
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

Today is the big day!! I can't wait to hear how it all went!!

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #25
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

Cant' wait to hear how the surprise went!

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

We're back!!

Ugh! I am so sorry for neglecting this page, but once we got back from the cruise I have been drowning in school work!

Anyway, I just quickly wanted to say that we had the absolute best time ever! Although the cruise was only a 3 nighter, it was a perfect way to find out if we liked sailing and... needless to say, we LOVED it!!! It was the best vacation we have ever had!

I told the husband the night before my birthday because I just couldnt keep it a secret anymore.. it was eating me alive ahahaha.

I recorded his reaction and when i told him we werent going to the beach for the weekend but instead going on a cruise, he was in shock. he asked me, about 5 times, "what are you saying?" He then walked away into the bathroom and i was disappointed, but he came back out 2 minutes later and yelled that he was going on a disney cruise as if he were a little kid again! It was an epic reaction to say the least. i think he just needed time to process what was happening. He said he has never been this surprised before and couldnt believe that i kept it a secret this long!

I will be back to post some pics and do a recap, but i wanted to let everyone know how the surprise went!
Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Hooray! So glad it was wonderful for you!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Be sure and post the video too!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: