Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

MVMCP the Night Before the Cruise?

Would you or have you done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party the night before the cruise?

We're considering this but as I've never done MVMCP (I believe it's quite a late night), I'm not sure.
We've been on quite a few DCL cruises and this will be for the evening before embarking on a seven night on the Disney Fantasy with me, DH, and DD(almost 6 at sail date) and DS(8 at sail date).
Thoughts welcome!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I've done MNSSHP the night before twice. On one we stayed at the CR but didn't get back to the room until 12:30. We got up early to get to port early. We were tired but adrenaline kicked in with the excitement of the cruise. The second time we stayed at OKW and slept later arriving at the port early afternoon.

We didn't have children to consider. It will be difficult for them to get any type of nap (excitement, muster drill, sailaway and right to dinner and show) so they could get cranky.

If you are on an eastern you'll have two sea days. Don't forget that you can get into the park at 4PM and you don't have to stay as late (we always do the second parade). You know your children best.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Were doing it. I just bought tickets two weeks ago. I have been back and forth about it. We were just going to relax at the pool or in our rooms but I ridnt wany to pass 5he opportunity up. .. we did mnsshp in 2012 that I want to see Christmas too... I am looking for feed back as well....
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #4
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

If it's the only park time you're going to have it might be worth it to you.

Not a huge fan of the Christmas party and don't find it to be a huge value. The Halloween party has enough "different" stuff that you can't get by going during regular park hours. The fireworks and parade are some of my favorites anywhere. The Christmas party seems to be more about crowd control.

As previously mentioned, you have to know your kids and if they can do a late night without being a cranky mess the next day. As an adult I don't think I would do it and I'm a night owl. Would want to start my cruise out on the right foot without being wiped out.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

106 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
kiford
Mouseketeer

Yes, we did it last December. Since we take DCL transport from the resort to the port and they don't pick up until noon-ish, we figured it was OK to go the night before because it gives you the leisure time in the morning to sleep in a bit (not too much because they pick up luggage at 8 am). Also have a relaxing breakfast, a bit of time to put your feet up and watch TV before going down to the meeting place.

When we did this, they actually picked us up at 10:30 instead of the noon time we usually expect but we still had a leisurely morning after a late night. We had intended to leave the party at ten-ish but ended up leaving at almost midnight and it took a while to get back to our resort.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (50) Him (53)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

We have done MVMCP twice before cruising the next day and will be doing MNSSHP later this month before our Eastern on the Fantasy. I think it is a perfect way to get in a little Disney magic before your cruise.

We usually go into the park early (5:00ish) and finish up around 11:30 p.m. The parties are one of our favorite things to do, so we wouldn't miss it!
Recent Trips: October 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Fantasy; July 2013 - Vero Beach; May 2013 - Disney Wonder Alaska; March 2013 - Old Key West & Vero Beach Teen Trip; January 2013 (Dh & DD only) Disney Wonder; Nov/Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2012 - Beach Club Villas, Disney Fantasy, & Vero Beach; December 2011 - Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2011 - Vero Beach, Disney Dream, & Beach Club Villas; and February 2011 - Saratoga Springs Teen Trip
Upcoming Trips: April 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort; July 2014 Disneyland Paris & Disney Magic 12-Night Med; October 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean; October 2014 Repo Cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral; June 2015 - Disney Magic 11 night Norway/Iceland
Twitter: modisneychick
Disney Travels on Facebook: Disney Dreaming
modisneychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #7
LCoulter
Whoah Mouse

We are doing MNSSHP the night before our cruise with DD6. Itís going to be a very long day for us as we have a 6am flight the morning of the party. I am hoping she falls asleep on the plane. If not, Iím hoping that we get into our room at a reasonable time so that we can all take a nap before the party.

We will sleep in the next morning and can hopefully catch up on our sleep during the cruise.

I think that either party would be a great way to start vacation.

Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: