Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #211
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Thank you dolphin girl!!! Your tiaras are very pretty! One almost looks like headband.. The one I have looks like the one Sleeping Beauty wears..Its gorgeous I really really want to wear it but I dont want ppl staring..LOL

Will this be too much?
I love this. It's so pretty. I say wear it as I would if it were mine. Where else can you wear it and not be thought to be weird. You will fit in just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2princessgirls View Post
I'm just gonna c/p from another thread since it's easiest :
I love getting dressed up! Can't wait to go dress shopping again!!

Formal night 2007:

Formal night 2009:

Semi-Formal 2007:

Semi-Formal 2009:

I really am the same person! The difference in my hair is making me LOL!!
Too funny. It does seem as though your a different lady. Funny how your hair can totally change you huh?

We never did full formal wear. I do believe we will next time. I hope to be celebrating next year when my DH and I celebrate 25 years together. I want to go on the fantasy. So I think I will be able to get him to wear a tux then.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
pixidustmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 PM   #212
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Its great fun

On our cruise in Dec. we wore long dresses on formal night and Jackson wore his tux. Was not thrilled at first until all the ladies told him how adorable he looked. Then he didn't want to take it off.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #213
sjbond
Mouseketeer

bump...show me more

2006 All Star Movies; 2008 Pop Century; 2010 Caribbean Beach; 2011 Coronado Springs;
2013 Art of Animation, Beach Club Villas, Coronado Springs and Disney Fantasy cruise;
2014 Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites

Me-Sandi DH-Ryan DS18-Erik DD15-Sara DDog-Piper
sjbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #214
Elaine Dragonlady
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_barrie View Post
Didn't have a suit for our son, but he DOES have Prince wear!!! He IS a Disney kid, after all!
Here we are at Formal Night at Animator's Palate;

Nope!!! He has many little girl friends who all have Princess Parties. In order for him to play along, we got him the prince outfit for his dress-up box.
For girls, dress-up boxes are easy, but since I have a boy, I make HIS dress-up box from stuff that goes on sale the day after Halloween!
Along with the prince outfit, he has standard "boy stuff" costumes, like a Jedi, cowboy, police officer, firefighter, doctor, explorer, etc...

He also has some custom made ones that I did make special for him, like Mickey Mouse;

And a knight in shining armor;

He likes to dress up just for the fun of it... in some unusual outfits...
Like Sonic the Hedgehog...

or Scooby Doo...

or whatever he happens to be into at the moment - and our view of it is, "Why NOT???" You're only a kid once!!!

Like your son, my daughters loved to play Fancy Dress and I made lots of costumes for them - mediaeval ladies, princesses, fairies, Star Trek TNG crew member - is it really surprising the eldest, Elisa, grew up into - a WDW CastMember!!! LOL
Elaine Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #215
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

[IMG][/IMG]
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #216
lpizzuro123
DIS Veteran

I know this thread is old but I must say I am enjoying looking at everyone's photos. I am glad to see people dressed up. We did the Disney Canadian cruise last September out of NYC and enjoyed getting dressed up. Reading these boards lately, it seems like all anyone wants to wear to dinner is shorts. We are going on a Dream cruise in November for our 5 year anniversary and will enjoy getting dressed up.

Linda

lpizzuro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #217
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123 View Post
I know this thread is old but I must say I am enjoying looking at everyone's photos. I am glad to see people dressed up. We did the Disney Canadian cruise last September out of NYC and enjoyed getting dressed up. Reading these boards lately, it seems like all anyone wants to wear to dinner is shorts. We are going on a Dream cruise in November for our 5 year anniversary and will enjoy getting dressed up.

Linda
Agree with you 100%
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #218
slzer0
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpizzuro123

Linda
We are taking a 4 nighter next October - aside from pirate night we will all be in cocktail attire for dinner.
Even though it calls for casual (2) and "oprional dress up".... we want to look nice and dont get much opportunity. Lol we live in SW FL so it's ALWAYS "cruise casual" down here.

Hope we wont stick out like a sore thumb... bug looking forward to dressing up! :-)
Old 10-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #219
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by slzer0 View Post
Hope we wont stick out like a sore thumb... bug looking forward to dressing up! :-)
You won't stick out at all. We also dress up for dinner each night along with plenty of other people.

Have a fun cruise.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #220
SaphyBelle
Mouseketeer

Bumping this up for any more current ones and so I can get ideas. Plus I love seeing them.

DISCLAIMER: It's been a while since I've been in school, please forgive me for my grammar
SaphyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: