Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #361
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patclairesmom View Post
How far is the walk from Kidani to Jambo. My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary at Fulton's and I told the kids they are on there own. They're both 14 so hopefully they will be capable of not burning the place down. Anyway, I thought they could have dinner at the Mara. Is it easy to walk there? I did hear there is a trail but I'm wondering if it's well marked.
Probably about a 10 to 15 minute walk depending on your pace. Just so you know there is an internal shuttle and transports guest to and from Jambo and Kidani. We used it quite a few times in June and it was great.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #362
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if you can request turndown service in the standard rooms at AKL or if this is for concierge level only? If you can request it how is it done- daily through housekeeping, or a one-time request at checkin, etc?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #363
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Thank you so much my son and I volunteered to take the pullout on our trip in May. Honestly I have a hard time sleeping anywhere but my own bees but after a long day in the parks I'm sure sleeping wont be an issue.
My mom insists on sleeping on the pull out and says she sleeps like a rock, they're very comfortable.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #364
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Probably about a 10 to 15 minute walk depending on your pace. Just so you know there is an internal shuttle and transports guest to and from Jambo and Kidani. We used it quite a few times in June and it was great.
....yes, it's very convenient.
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #365
cincystamper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
THANK YOU for this!!!

We're staying at Jambo, but will be heading to Sanaa for dinner one night. I figured once we were onsite, it would be obvious how to get to and from, but it's nice to know in advance!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #366
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
Iím SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincystamper View Post
THANK YOU for this!!!

We're staying at Jambo, but will be heading to Sanaa for dinner one night. I figured once we were onsite, it would be obvious how to get to and from, but it's nice to know in advance!
...fair enough....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #367
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post

My mom insists on sleeping on the pull out and says she sleeps like a rock, they're very comfortable.
So good to know my stress factor is coming down a bit! I seriously spent my entire afternoon at work searching the DIS for the most comfortable sofa beds! Lol.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #368
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincystamper View Post

THANK YOU for this!!!

Sure thing! Enjoy!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #369
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
There is a AKL Beige Van that runs every 10 minutes or so..it picks up right in the valet area..if you tell one of the CM's you want to go over to Jambo, they will direct you where to wait for the van

also, the sidewalk is pretty foolproof..just walk and it will lead you over...isn't hard to find and it was an easy walk after we at a Sanaa
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #370
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
if they are like the BWV pull outs...VERY comfy!!
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #371
sturowski
Mouseketeer

We got back yesterday from a wonderful 6 day stay at AKL- kidani village. We stayed in a standard studio and ended up with a semi pool view, it was beyond a wonderful stay. The pullout was very comfortable. My 6 year old and my mom stayed in the pullout since I am having major back issues and they both slept like a rock I do not have one negative about out stay. The walk was not bad, we were in 4 th floor near the rafiki elevator, and the 3rd pod down from the lobby, perfect location! I already want to go back
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #372
RapunzelsGoodMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
This will be the second half of our split stay and we plan to relax more on this part of the trip. Kids will be 2,5,7 so want close to pools and splash pads, playgrounds. We will be doing dinners at sanaa or boma. But other meals probably at resort or order groceries.

Our first half is BLT and we will do more meals there so will get dining plan for that part for sure!
Hmmmmmm.....that's really a hard call! I think it really comes down to how quiet you want. The Kidani pool has the better slide and the splash area so I might go there. But if you plan to eat at the Mara a lot, Jambo might be slightly better. But both really are just SLIGHT wins.

I think if I were in your situation, I would stay at Jambo first to see all it has to offer for activities, etc. and the pool is fantastic. But I would plan to eat once at Sanaa and definitely try both pools. That way, when you become addicted to AKL and return, you will find it easier to decide between the offerings of each "side".

BTW, I've done the AKL/BLT split twice now. LOVE it. We tour and enjoy fireworks/parades at BLT, but slow down and do half park days (if any) and relax at AKL. Heaven.
RapunzelsGoodMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #373
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelsGoodMom View Post
Hmmmmmm.....that's really a hard call! I think it really comes down to how quiet you want. The Kidani pool has the better slide and the splash area so I might go there. But if you plan to eat at the Mara a lot, Jambo might be slightly better. But both really are just SLIGHT wins.

I think if I were in your situation, I would stay at Jambo first to see all it has to offer for activities, etc. and the pool is fantastic. But I would plan to eat once at Sanaa and definitely try both pools. That way, when you become addicted to AKL and return, you will find it easier to decide between the offerings of each "side".

BTW, I've done the AKL/BLT split twice now. LOVE it. We tour and enjoy fireworks/parades at BLT, but slow down and do half park days (if any) and relax at AKL. Heaven.
Thanks...glad to see someone else who has done that split..I am so excited about it! Originally I wanted GFV but DH picked BLT and our kids picked AKV so super excited! We plan to do the same, our days at BLT will be busier with MK, Epcot and MNSSHP...then we plan to relax more and enjoy AKV resort. I am leaning towards Kidani for the pool and splash pad area, but the lobby of Jambo looks amazing!!!

I am thinking of booking standard view, which one has better standard view villas?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #374
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Good morning all. Been a while since I've been in here.Kinda bummed! Almost had an impromptu trip for this Oct 31-8th snagged. Unfortunately the voice of reason aka--> DW brought me back to reality. Jet blue sent me an email on Tuesday with a 1day sale only. My flights would've cost only $619 for 4 round trip. Problem was ,there wasn't much left in terms of rooms. Basically 3 or 4 nights at 3 different resorts. Than another $539 for pop preferred for the other 4. My Ap's expired, and then food.....

So needless to say we didn't book. I am happy to say that we are headed to so cal. In February and are booked for GCV from feb17-22. So u can add us to the list please.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #375
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Just to add BTW , Sanaa & Boma although completely different are so A M A Z I N G.... You'll be back more than once, for sure.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote