Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #16
Tooth Fairy
DIS Veteran

homemom

how was it staying at hyatt place. It is somewhat less expensive than hyatt regency so am considering. Just DH and myself. Did you wait for shuttle? Are the shuttles continuous? Was it nice? we have a late flight so would not arrive til after midnight...what do you think?TIA
Tooth Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Flying from Pittsburgh in December - I would come in the day before. You never know when a storm could hit that would delay you getting to the ship in time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #18
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I would also fly in the day before and stay an airport off site hotel. Land, take the hotel shuttle to the hotel, get a good nights sleep, take the shuttle back to MCO and grab the DCL transfers from there. $35 pp each way but the DCL buses from MCO start leaving around 9:00 am so you will still get to the port early.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
silkie8
Mouseketeer

Lots of things make my head spin, but DIS boards are not one of them.

I don't read every posting. I don't even print any out, I just take some brief notes on "tips", and will compile a list. As this is our first Disney cruise, we have no experience on what to expect and I already have enough things to get done on Embarkation Day that I would not have known about but for the Dis boards.

Sometimes I find a Trip Report....tell myself I'll read 4 pages then stop.....15 pages later I'm still going. I guess I am a voyeur at heart.
silkie8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #20
Homemom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Fairy View Post
how was it staying at hyatt place. It is somewhat less expensive than hyatt regency so am considering. Just DH and myself. Did you wait for shuttle? Are the shuttles continuous? Was it nice? we have a late flight so would not arrive til after midnight...what do you think?TIA
It was wonderful, we called when we landed, they told us where the shuttle would be, he was there waiting. The hotel was very nice. We always try to stay in a Hyatt Place if the city has one. Nice large rooms, wifi and breakfast included.

WDW: Sept 04, Dec 05, Jan 09, Nov 11, Sept 12, Feb 14
DL: Feb 05, April 06, Feb 07, Oct 07, Sept 10, Jan 12, Jan 13
DCL: Jan 10, Oct 13
Homemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
You just have to filter some information as it fits to your family. Yes, if I went by everything I read on the DIS -- I would alway stay Club Level at a deluxe monorail resort for two full weeks with 10-day hoppers, always eating at certain signature restaurants, have a rental car for convenience, etc. etc. etc.

As with any vacation, you have to weigh the options and decide what fits best for your family. Convenience of DCL transfers, or arrival time at port, or save money and rental car with a hotel near port? There really is no 1 "right" answer.

Enjoy your crusie!
Absolutely Correct.
When we 1st cruised with DCL back in 2001, all we knew was where the park (terminal), and that we had to sign our DDs up for the clubs & book Palo when we boarded (no on-line booking back then). Amazingly we had a Great Cruise ( ) w/o a lot of planning. But over the years we have picked up some great tips on the boards & filter out the unnecessary.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: