Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Magic Shows...

Did anyone see that they are bringing Villains tonight to the Magic? I was a little disappointed in this show on the Dream honestly....

However I am interested to see Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams have any of you guys seen either of these shows???

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFANCBIIIME View Post
Did anyone see that they are bringing Villains tonight to the Magic? I was a little disappointed in this show on the Dream honestly.... However I am interested to see Twice Charmed and Disney Dreams have any of you guys seen either of these shows???
It's been on the Magic - we saw it twice in 2011

Dreams is pretty good & Twice Charmed is just ok. Shows are subjective - we love Villains!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
It's been on the Magic - we saw it twice in 2011

Dreams is pretty good & Twice Charmed is just ok. Shows are subjective - we love Villains!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I did not realize that haha oops I thought it was new

This is true that shows are subjective... I think I am just going to go to Dreams

Thanks for the quick response!

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

My family really enjoyed Twice Charmed when we saw it on the Magic except for the fact that it seemed like the guy who played the prince was maybe a little new or something. He often paused a loooooong time before saying his lines. Maybe he was just being dramatic. We still liked the show.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder

jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We love Twice Charmed. Found out in a behind the scenes presentation that show has more cues than Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. I wish the other shows had a CD available.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I agree with you (OP) on Villains. Not the best subject matter, although it improved dramatically after the first 20 min and then changed tone to be very tongue in cheek and can't take them seriously kinda show. Very funny after it got to the Jerry Springer show. That was the only thing that redeemed it. (And our lead actor was funny genius.)

I was very disappointed to find out that my website is lying about Golden Mickeys being on the Magic, and that it supposedly won't be, and that Villains instead will be. That's the one we dislike the most for subject matter.... hoping that things might change after dry dock or for next year. Still holding out hope. My cruise isn't for 7 months...

The entertainment Cm I spoke to said that they hear a lot of people complain about the subject matter of Villains but that they have no intention of changing it. I mentioned it on our comment card. Oh well. Win some and lose some. (The same way I have to change the channel when the voodoo guys come out and then change it back to watch Tiana.)

Come back GMs! Come to the Magic!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I really love both Dreams and Twice Charmed. I can't wait to see them this month! <3 I haven't seen Villains yet, but super excited for that, too. I was not impressed with the Fantasy shows, especially with the totally bizarre attempt at appealing to teens in the cheesiest way possible that no teen could ever possibly find cool. They were almost apologizing for being kid and family oriented, which is what I love about Disney most. I will really miss Golden Mickeys, I hope I get to see this one before they retire it. I performed in it, but way back in '06 and I know they've made changes.
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: