Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora03 View Post
Loved that you had lots of time at Muir Woods. We took a tour and our time was limited. No time to shop.

You asked me if we liked Celebrity Cruiseline and we do. We have also sailed with Princess (Caribbean and Med) and I think it is comparable. Our cabin on Celebrity was larger, but we splurged since it was a special anniversary and booked a veranda and concierge. We certainly got a good price on this cruise to Alaska from SF as it was a repositioning cruise. We even got a huge discount before we made our final payment ($1,000 discount) and that paid for our shore excursions.

My DH wasn't crazy about going on an Alaskan cruise as he likes to take warm winter vacations, since we have such long cold winters, but I convinced him and he was glad I did! We loved it. The scenery is fabulous - better than we ever thought possible. I know you'd love it and you have to put it on your list!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about Yosemite. I hope you were out of there before the fires started and stayed safe.

Nora
Thanks for all the Alaska tips- it is DEFINITELY on my list with Pods- I was hoping to move it to my list with the boys, though! Glad to hear you like Celebrity- I have only been on once, but I think that is the cruiseline (other than DCL, obviously) that would meet our needs best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post

MY son, the one that just moved today to Long Island City, NY has a picture of the same tree. He did a road trip along the West Coast. He also has a picture of them driving through a tree, which was suppose to be a big no, no with a truck.
Yea- they don't let you drive through them anymore because of root damage, I think. How is he liking NY? A VERY big adventure, moving there from another part of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hmm, maybe we should plan a 2016 Alaska cruise! I totally want to do it again - I love the Wonder, and the views from Tracy Arm day were worth the entire cost of the cruise. Gah - I love that cruise! There is still a little part of me sad that we aren't doing it again next summer.

I really need to go on the Wonder, never have been! I have heard that is the amazing thing that DCL does- spend so much time at Tracy Arm. OMG, summer 2016- Timmy will be going into his Senior year of HS and Tyler into his sophomore year of college- I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Well, I met with my mom last weekend, and we have tentatively decided on doing the Cali trip! I am sooooooo excited - first to see all my friends in SF and introduce them to Willow! And then to do that amazing drive leisurely over the course of about 4 days, so we can stop everywhere we want (like, yes, Hearst Castle). And then, because we will almost certainly have DLR APs starting January of this year , another 4 or so days there! GAH - perfection!!!

This is GREAT news!!!!!

And one of the things we will do while in SF? Muir Woods!!! I loved your updates! You know, I have lived in quite a few places as an adult, and I have this terrible habit of never doing the things that one would do when visiting a place. So I never went to Muir Woods! We will. I am kind of excited to experience SF as a tourist and SF as a parent - I know there are a lot of cool things to do with kids there.

Can't wait for more, Ellen - keep 'em coming!
Yea- I know how that goes- I have lived in NJ all my life and never been to the Statue of Liberty. I think you will see your city by the bay in a whole new way- OMG, soooo many parks and playgrounds!! How fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
I know I know I know.. Im late... did you expect anything less from me.

Of course not. I'm just Happy you ARE here!

So let me catch up.

-Clam chowda looks YUMMY (so does pods beer!)
-I knew I liked Timmy us lefties got to stick together LOL
-The hotel looks awesome!
-Tall people that are afraid of heights crack me up
-The wine and fruit is awesome what a sweetie!
-Dinner looked amazing, minus the oysters.. I mean I eat them but need a few more of pods' beers to do them LOL
-Muir woods looks breathtaking.
-I hear you on the food issue with kids ugg teenagers LOL I particularly love when they say they are starving then order the biggest or most expensive item on the menu and eat 2 bites.. I want to hurt someone.

Glad I was able to catch up before I missed the whole trip LOL
I am trying to catch up on everything too! Not that easy- it's been busy! It always is great to hear what you have to say, though- thanks Sis!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: