Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
Tralliam
Mouseketeer

we have the opposite issue so sadly I have no suggestions. My DS 10 1/2 is 4'9" 60 lbs, also a competitive swimmer and triathlete. My DD 8 is 4' flat and 47 lbs, but she's a competitive gymnast always has and always will be on the low end of the averages. I'm not too worried about her as she's consistent in height/weight. My son however is tall-ish for his age but low on the weight. Neither of them eat well at lunch as they're too busy socializing.

I do have one piece of advice on the constipation issue. My son drinks a ton of milk and has that issue. we just keep small single serving cans of prune juice in the fridge, he knows when it's an issue and will chug one a day for a couple days and is fine.
Tralliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #17
Sabeking
DIS Veteran

My DD actually went through the same thing at that age and she as well was and still is on school swim team. I was amazed at her belly even with the constant swimming. Sure enough as others have said she grew a couple inches and there went the stomach. Good luck!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #18
LisaR

The only thing that would concern me is that you said this is how he has been since birth (had the ET belly). You mention the school nurse, but have you taken him to a doctor to specifically discuss his bloated stomach? If he has truly had this big of a belly since birth and has always been such an active kid, I'd want to make sure there isn't something else going on. If it is truly just a weight issue, he will get taller in the next few years and the belly should disappear. Just make sure that is really all it is.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkacmom View Post
Lol - my 12 1/2 year old is 4'8", 71 pounds, wears a size 10 slim girls, and would LOVE to be able to wear anything in the juniors department! She's in the 6th % for weight, and has never had a chubby phase (or even a normal weight phase).
Check out aeropostle. My 14yo dd is just a hair bigger than your 12 1/2 yo and can fit into aero size 000 jeans.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #20
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Well there you have it. Constipation & dehydration will bloat you out.

If he is THAT active he has to stay hydrated and I would work on what fiber he is taking in and whether or not it is actually good for him. Sometimes people have food intolerances and that will bloat you further.

So my vote is that it is constipation, hydration and food related.
This seems reasonable. Maybe adding a little bit of Benefiber to one of his beverages daily would help keep things moving in the right direction.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: