Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013, 07:25 PM   #781
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

I thought I'd share my feelings about the premiere before episode 2 aired.

I loved it. My guess were almost totally wrong but that didn't bother me at all.

loved the whole continuation of the proposal. Flustered Kate is funny Kate.

loved his reason for proposing:
Kate, I’m not proposing to you to keep you here, or because I’m afraid I’m gonna lose you. I’m proposing because I can’t imagine my life without you. If that means when things get difficult we have to figure them out, then I’m willing to figure them out, assuming you’re willing to figure them out with me.

loved her response:
Yes, Richard Edgar Alexander Rodgers Castle, I will marry you.

and according to Twitter & Terri Miller, the writers couldn't decide which name she should use, so they went with the mashup.

loved their phone call when she had to cancel her visit - they were disappointed, but he understood, since he "cancelled last time." Loved the easy "I love you" and "I love you too".

and loved their reunion & the morning after.

loved him meeting McCord. Very funny.

loved when he got caught at the golf club he first tried to pretend he was just golfing, but when caught in the lie, he said 'crap' under his breath.

loved Lisa Edelstein as McCord.

loved that when Rick needed someone to talk to, he went to talk to the guys.

I had a feeling that the "hostage alley" training is like the "Kobayashi Maru" test on Star Trek - something no-one wins.

And even though there is a part 2, this isn't a true cliff hanger - we know he'll survive. But all in all, I really loved this episode. Downside for me was no Lanie, very little Espo & Ryan (but when they were there, they were great), very little Martha too. And I know they couldn't show us everything, but I would have loved to see reactions to the engagement. I have a feeling Alexis wasn't thrilled, but everyone else was.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #782
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I realized that I left out a few favorite quotes:

Castle: Can you at least finish taking that off before you shoot me?

Espo: So your hero's a spy?
Castle: more like a ruggedly handsome every man.

Castle: OK, she is not invited to the wedding.

Beckett: can you get the kind that makes me feel all.....
Castle: I'll buy a whole case

Castle: Are you gonna waterboard me? Because that will seriously affect our relationship

The "ruggedly handsome" thing is a throwback to something Castle said in season 1, and they used in the intro to the show for 2 years. Nathan Fillion has said that people say that to him all the time, and he said it once. (he also said it once last year, and Kate said it to him last year too.) Love that the writers use that sort of stuff.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #783
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
The "ruggedly handsome" thing is a throwback to something Castle said in season 1, and they used in the intro to the show for 2 years. Nathan Fillion has said that people say that to him all the time, and he said it once. (he also said it once last year, and Kate said it to him last year too.) Love that the writers use that sort of stuff.
Ryan also said it, in "Rise", at the beginning of the ep when they passed the bookstore and he saw the standing cut-out in the window. (Which is also a gag about Castle's looks, btw. Standing cutout likenesses of fiction authors are pretty much never used in the mainstream book trade; the only authors who tend to do that are self-help authors who do seminars. It's another play on Castle's physical vanity that he would use that kind of advertising.)

It always makes me laugh listening to Fillion talk about Castle in the third person; he is always riffing on how vain Castle is. The irony I see in that is that Fillion himself has to be a bit vain as well, though he often jokes about his looks. (You will note that when NF was gaining weight when he had the knee problem during S4 that no jokes were ever made about Castle being out of shape, though a guy as vain as Castle supposedly is would have been in angst over it. Putting him on a diet or exercise program would have been a comic gold mine -- as it is in Frozen Heat.)
NotUrsula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #784
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Stana Katic interview:

http://tvline.com/2013/09/30/castle-...-kate-wedding/

And the spoiler line in the middle is referring to next week's episode, it's not a major spoiler.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #785
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

The second sneak for Dreamworld is out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=qz5XZwEkhKs

(Be sure to have a tissue handy when you watch this. Not a spoiler, but touching. Shades of Still.)

PS: Back to real world references in Deadly Heat, I found two more before I finished. The Puzzle Man mentions having studied "Edda symbols", and Rook tells Nikki that "I hear Edmonton is lovely this time of year."
(Edda being Terri Edda Miller, and Edmonton is NF's home town.)

Last edited by NotUrsula; 09-30-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #786
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

There will be a Castle panel at the Paley Center tonight (7 PM PT, 10 PM ET). Live streaming here:

http://www.paleycenter.org/misc/0930...ve-stream.html

I won't be watching because I'll be watching the episode, but I'm sure lots will show up on YouTube in the coming days.

Thanks for the second Dreamworld promo! I was stuck in an unexpected meeting all morning.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #787
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Another awesome episode!

Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #788
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

pictures from Paley:

http://12thprecinct.blogspot.com/201...edium=facebook

Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #789
sailorstitch
Mouseketeer

Pardon me if the has been discussed before. I haven't had the chance to read through all 50+ pages.....

Has anyone here played the Castle card game?
http://www.cryptozoic.com/games/cast...tive-card-game

I stumbled across it the past Aug at a gaming convention. I bought a copy and I *LOVE* it!!!!!

As for the show, I don't think Beckett likes her new job as much as she thought she would.

sailorstitch
sailorstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #790
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorstitch View Post
Pardon me if the has been discussed before. I haven't had the chance to read through all 50+ pages.....

Has anyone here played the Castle card game?
http://www.cryptozoic.com/games/cast...tive-card-game

I stumbled across it the past Aug at a gaming convention. I bought a copy and I *LOVE* it!!!!!

As for the show, I don't think Beckett likes her new job as much as she thought she would.

sailorstitch
I bought it but haven't played it yet.

and yeah, I think next week is the last episode with her as a Federal agent. Loved how they shook up the status quo with the job, but I knew there was no way they could continue it.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:40 AM   #791
NotUrsula
DIS Veteran

The key to Beckett's disappointment in the job is surprising her, I think. Going in, she thought that the big hurdles would be her separation from her family and her team, but it was what McCord said about shades of grey that really opened her eyes. All of the former is true, of course, but it is the ethical ramifications that are really starting to chafe.

Her entire adult life up until this point has been a crusade for justice. She rather naively thought that actually working for the Dept. of Justice would naturally be the best position from which to take that crusade further (now that she has solved the mystery of her mother's death and the motives behind it.) She absolutely HATED letting Bracken walk away, but she made the compromise that she did in order to protect Castle, both their families, and the team at the precinct who helped her, because she knew that in the same way that Bracken's backers threatened Montgomery's family, they would threaten hers as well. She feels that it was the correct choice under the circumstances, but she still feels torn up about making it.

The thing is, she is absolutely shackled by her sense of right and wrong -- McCord was correct, Beckett really has trouble with shades of grey. (Remember when she arrested the grandfather in A Chill Goes through Her Veins? She could have let him go. Jailing him hurt the victims' children yet again, and would not bring back either of their parents, and it wasn't as if he was at risk for ever being a repeat offender. Beckett just could not let it lie, because he had killed someone with malice aforethought, and from her perspective, that simply has to be punished.) She is getting better about understanding ambiguous moral choices, but she still feels that condoning them is an insult to her mothers' memory. Johanna's headstone, after all, reads "Vincit Omnia Veritas" -- Truth conquers all.

The world of policing politically-motivated crime is not a place where Beckett can thrive; because she just cannot deal with the necessary compromises. McCord has now realized that, and though she really admires Beckett's investigative skills, and will be sorry to lose her, she knows that Beckett won't be able to achieve real success at the job because she will always feel ambiguous about the real mission of the department.

Now then, having said all that, I really wouldn't mind if they took on more of these sorts of complicated investigative cases rather than straightforward homicides for every single ep. The show does have an issue with being too formulaic at times when it comes to the crimes, so a shakeup in that regard would help to keep it fresh. (NYPD also has special task forces, and Beckett can stretch herself there just as well.)

BTW, one of my favorite moments of the ep was Martha's little "squeee!" when Castle insulted Pi. I thought it was too cute that that was the thing that convinced her that he was really going to completely recover.
(I'm still wondering if there is something twisty about Pi. I don't necessarily think he's a villain; just that he really might not be the socially-handicapped crunchy stoner that he appears to be.)

PS: I *knew* I wasn't hallucinating that Katic's hair had somehow gotten cut between "Will you marry me?" and "OMG!" It was noticeable, and to me it was obvious and a bit jarring as a continuity flaw. I'm with Susan on the business of the hair extensions, though -- what's the point? Katic's time in the styling chair was already an issue for the production schedule, and that was before she cut it. Why on earth is is really necessary to waste time on putting in extensions -- just write the haircut into the show already!

Last edited by NotUrsula; 10-02-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #792
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

interviews before Paley Center event:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video?...fAxnSI.twitter

Last edited by Missy1961; 10-01-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #793
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

Apparently TNT is not going to be showing "Still" and they didn't rerun it on ABC. Is it because of the bomb thing? I really wanted to see it again. I may have to buy it from iTunes if it is out of the rotation.
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #794
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
Apparently TNT is not going to be showing "Still" and they didn't rerun it on ABC. Is it because of the bomb thing? I really wanted to see it again. I may have to buy it from iTunes if it is out of the rotation.
I noticed that too. But did TNT show Lives of Others? It may be that they hold some episodes back on first replay.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #795
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

sneak peek #1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U50Z1...em-uploademail

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: