Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #61
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Zork!

I am impressed. I thought I was old school! I don't think I ever knew what the word addiction meant before text based MUDs!

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #62
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Mid 30s here and used to be a pretty dedicated WoW player until the Kung-Fu Panda expansion... Now I just dabble in the occasional console game. Totally un-PC and I'm sure this will come back to haunt me on some future DIS thread, but right now I'm having a lot of fun with Grand Theft Auto 5.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM   #63
snoodledoo
Loves Jiminy Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookmey View Post

Lately I've been hooked on Animal Crossing New Leaf. I love that game! I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but after watching my kids have so much fun playing ACNL together, I went out and bought a 3DS and the game for myself. Then DH felt left out so he bought a system and the game. Thank goodness for Viggle, Shopkick, and Best Buy rewards! So now all 4 of us have our own 3DS and our own Animal Crossing game. I do admit, though, that I have no regrets. We have had a lot of fun playing the game together, visiting each other's towns, making trades and playing mini-games together.
My family of 4 also play Animal Crossing! DS11 is not as into it as the rest of us, but we all have our own 3ds and towns.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #64
sbtrfly74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
EQ is SO my wife and I back in the day. (45 and 43 now). We played EQ 1 back in it's prime ALL the time. So much so, we'd schedule work and weekends around it, LOL. When my wife became pregnant with our first child, time for it just started to slip away. We still game\gamed, but more stuff that was not so reliant on time, guilds etc. LOVED it though, and still miss sitting in the Freeport Tunnel hanging out and buying and selling.

Now we game often, mainly consoles, with are now 11 and 5 year olds. Quality family time if you ask me.
39 next month and played EQ from 2003 till 2009, was class leader, always top of magelo and known serverwide. I had to cut back then quit due to nursing school. I sooo missed it and tried to go back a year ago and couldnt keep up like I use to.

I stepped back in 04 when I almost missed my DH's bday one year due to beyond heavily involvement. I could easily play without looking, talk on the phone and watch tv all in one. It does beyond keep your brain sharp to play in a raid without even thinking so much that when I went back I had to use my mouse to play and look at keys.... wasnt the same. I miss it so much though to the point of really wanting to go back.
sbtrfly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #65
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoodledoo View Post
My family of 4 also play Animal Crossing! DS11 is not as into it as the rest of us, but we all have our own 3ds and towns.
So glad to learn we're not the only ones!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #66
JediBonas
DIS Veteran

30+ here, I'm currently replaying Legend of Dragoon, an old PS game. It's as good as I remember! Other recent games are Diablo III and I got hooked on the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, which surprised me (love ME but not a multiple fan).
Old 09-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #67
JRawkSteady
Mousecessed DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBonas
30+ here, I'm currently replaying Legend of Dragoon, an old PS game. It's as good as I remember! Other recent games are Diablo III and I got hooked on the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, which surprised me (love ME but not a multiple fan).
LotD was a very underrated game! Just awesome!!

" Imagine if the trip were not merely the width of this room but the breadth of a galaxy, the span of a universe. Well imagine no more. Because soon one of you will be taking that trip. One of you will seize the future with XS! Bon Voyage!"

Mouse Rants Podcast

JRawkSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #68
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

DH and I play: GTA( yes we did get #5), Halo, Assassins Creed, God of War, and Call of Duty of course.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #69
st4rrab0vemybed
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMom View Post
I am impressed. I thought I was old school! I don't think I ever knew what the word addiction meant before text based MUDs!
I used to play Ages of Despair during my senior year in HS. I think it's still around too.
st4rrab0vemybed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #70
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Anyone else doing the Extra-Life charity marathon in November?
Old 09-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #71
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Count us in. We're in our 20s and have been playing videogames our whole lives.

We like PC gaming the best (Guild Wars 2, Steam Games, etc); DH built our gaming PCs. BUT, we also love our consoles - Wii, WiiU, XBOX 360, & our handhelds (Nintendo 3DS XLs).

I don't think a day passes where we don't play some type of videogame. Glad to have found a whole thread of like minded people!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #72
USMelinUK
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRawkSteady View Post
I'm still obsessed with Role Playing and adventure console games! And I have been playing the MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic for months!
I'm 44, and have been addicted to both The Sims many games and Civ for years. Haven't played Sims 3 in some time but played a load of Civ 4 a little bit ago. They kinda go in spurts I guess.

In the past I would have said these were the only sorts of games I was interested in, other than some Wii once in a while. Then my ex, who is my best friend talked me into trying a free 14 day trial of SWTOR a year and a half ago... I am still playing it. I play most days at least for a bit. Some of this is because of my guild, and some of it is because I love the game so much.

I would have never believed I would be capable of playing a game like this well, much less become addicted to it. To say it's changed my life would not be an understatement as I met my boyfriend in the game. We've been living together for 10 months now. He's introduced me to Neverwinter, which I enjoyed. He's a major gamer, has played everything I think for at least a bit. He is a major Halo and Skyrim fan, and I'm pretty sure unless I play too, I'll never see him when The Elder Scrolls Online is released.

I'd really encourage anyone who has never tried it to try playing SWTOR for free for a bit to see how you get on.

Mel

Originally a member since 2004.
USMelinUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #73
SamRoc
DIS Veteran

My son is 28 and loves minecraft! I am a little older lol and i love Dr Mario!

1st trip 1975,1st anniversary trip 1983,Polynesian 1987,Ft. Wilderness Cabins 1990,Ft. Wilderness Cabins 1992, Contemporary 1995,Contemporary 1998 Disney Cruise,Polynesian Oct 2000, Fort Wilderness Cabins 2001, Motorhome Ft. Wilderness 2003, Grand Villa OKW April 2004,VWL Christmas 2004, Rental home April 2005,Ft. Wilderness Cabins Oct 2005 MNSSHP, Rental home Christmas 2005, 1st time in our home in Emerald Island Feb 2006!, EI March 2006, EI April 2006,EI June 2006, EI and Disney Magic (Wedding)August 2006,EI Oct 2006 MNSSHP ,Feb 2007,April 2007,Oct 2007 (Our 25th Anniversary!)Dec 2007 VWL, Jan 2008 EI,May 2008 EI,Dec 2008-March 2009 (1st snowbird experience!) June 2009 EI,June 2011 EI, Dec 2011 EI, Jan 2011 EI
SamRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #74
TheGoofster
all I can do is dream about donuts

Yup, sure do! I am 44, and have over 600 digital (downloadable) games in my collection (I watch sites like Steam, GOG, GamersGate, GreenMangaming, Bigfish, Gamefly, Amazon,... on a daily basis) to get digital games when they go on sale (never buy a game at regular price).
I love most RPG's, as well as FPS and 3rd Person adventure games (like Dungeon Siege). I also like quite a few arcade / action games, racing games and even some point-and-click adventure games.

Right now I am finishing up Resident Evil 5.

I've been playing video games since the original Pong came out, and since then I've had:

the Atari 2600
the Colecovision
The NES
The SNES
The Wii
The Commodore 64
lots of various hand-held systems
and of course my PC.

Since my son is older now, we've stopped playing most of the console games, and so I am pretty much only a PC gamer at this point.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
Nayan
DIS Veteran

Location: About an hour east of WDW. 192 all the way "home". :)

I'll be 47 next month and am currently tearing my way through GTA 5 and Diablo 3.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: