Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #2041
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Isn't it wonderful when that snow starts coming down at MK? A magical place becomes all the more magical.

Beautiful pictures Jen.
It is so Magical!!!!! I wish they did it during regular park days too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #2042
vleeth
I heart Disney

I'll be there for Halloween this year, but I've been wanting to go at Christmas time for years...one day I'll make it there!

Scrooge is one character i'd like to meet. My brother and I watched Ducktales after school everyday when we were kids.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #2043
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

It really is beautiful at MK, I would love to see the Christmas decor. I'm getting tired of the Halloween stuff.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #2044
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I'll be there for Halloween this year, but I've been wanting to go at Christmas time for years...one day I'll make it there!

Scrooge is one character i'd like to meet. My brother and I watched Ducktales after school everyday when we were kids.

I love Scrooge too. When my older kids were little, we watched it all the time too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
It really is beautiful at MK, I would love to see the Christmas decor. I'm getting tired of the Halloween stuff.
I love the Halloween stuff too, but I have only been there once for it. I actually am kind of tired of the flower festival as many of our trips have it being set up. It's pretty, but not a highlight for me anymore...after seeing the Holiday decor.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #2045
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I wish we could go during the holiday decorated season. I love MVMCP. We went one time, years ago, when the kids were younger and we could easily take them out of school. Now that Allison is in middle school, its no longer possible. We really can't afford Christmas week itself and I don't think I could handle the crowds that week anyway, since we are so used to visiting during the last week of summer, when crowds have gotten much lighter.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #2046
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I wish we could go during the holiday decorated season. I love MVMCP. We went one time, years ago, when the kids were younger and we could easily take them out of school. Now that Allison is in middle school, its no longer possible. We really can't afford Christmas week itself and I don't think I could handle the crowds that week anyway, since we are so used to visiting during the last week of summer, when crowds have gotten much lighter.
I don't think I could handle the crowds then either. Though I think it would be fun to be there for Christmas.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #2047
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love Scrooge McDuck. Seeing him last year was definitely one of the many highlights of the trip. I also love the snow on Main Street. I was not at all sure if I would enjoy the party, but I had a blast and I am going back for another one on December 10th.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #2048
coneygoil
Mouseketeer

Yeah, that float has been around for a long time! So has the one Scrooge and Chip'n'Dale were riding on. Disney keeps revamping them and other floats, but it seems they don't ever want to bring in anything new! I guess the Spectro floats were falling apart because they had been used every night for over 20 years?

Scrooge is so cute! I grew up watching Ducktales in the '80's and I have the boxsets now for my daughter. I've only had to opportunity to meet Scrooge once and it was awesome

The Christmas party looked more laid back than MNSSHP. We've done MNSSHP twice and it was the best time ever! But I'd like to do the Christmas party at least once just to experience it.

Zorro Gets The Ladies (10-2-09 MNSSHP)
Hopping a Plane Alone with a Toddler...Yep, I'm Crazy (Jan. '13 TR)
Cast Member Appreciation! In memory of Mr. Bob who worked on Main Street USA
coneygoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #2049
MEK
DIS Veteran

You got balloons AND snow all in the same picture! What's not to like? I just love night time pictures on Main Street. Having Christmas decorations and snow makes it that much more festive!

Ugh - I sense that reality is just around the corner. Who wants to make a decision on a flat tire while you are still in the magic. Bummer!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #2050
udflyer00
Mouseketeer

The Christmas Parade is one of my favorites!!! It's been a few years since we've been able to make it back to a party so your pictures brought back the memories!! :D And you're correct, those Toy Soldiers are worth it themselves. Wish they didn't pass by so fast!!!
udflyer00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #2051
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sooooo!

Yesterday Morning I did a sigh of relief. A new month, clean slate! Right?

August was full of accidents and hospital visits and then into Sept I was still on the car hunt and it just wasn't the best month really. I had a lot of work to catch up on and some things that were supposed to be easy took 5 calls to clear up.

Yes, I was looking forward to Oct.

10:20 last night, my Mom calls. Have i heard from Michael? (he's my oldest, 24 years old) Well I saw him yesterday.

Nope he had called Aunt Mary and told him he was in a car accident, someone ran a red light....... and then his phone went dead. (Aunt Mary has his Car insurance info so he called her) No one can get a hold of him now. Oh jeez!

Well I told mom the fact that he called was probably good, because that meant he wasn't hurt too badly. I checked facebook and he posted "I just was in an accident". Which was also a good sign, because if he could post there, that means he wasn't too hurt either. Sadly it didn't give his location, which I was hoping for. he could be anywhere in a number of towns with red lights.

Finally about an hour later he called. He said he was pulling out of the gas station near his home and about to cross the main road with a green light when someone ran the red light and he saw it coming and stopped and only got the front bumper taken off. Though his radiator is now exposed. The guy however did NOT stop and kept going. Fortunately, a lady saw it all happened and chased the guy, basically and called onstar and they tracked the guy and the police caught up with them in the next town about 6-8 miles away.

The lady then came back and made a statement to police.

I sure hope that guy had a night in jail,......a rough night!

We don't know if he is insured or not, though it is the law here, andI know first hand that some people don't care about the law.

I hope that he can get his car fixed fast. I am about to call him to see if he got any more info this morning. Thank goodness he was ok and not hurt at all!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #2052
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love Scrooge McDuck. Seeing him last year was definitely one of the many highlights of the trip. I also love the snow on Main Street. I was not at all sure if I would enjoy the party, but I had a blast and I am going back for another one on December 10th.

Corinna
I was super excited to see Scrooge too. I know he is rare and I heard that during some other parties, people couldn't find him. I kind of wish I had jumped in ofr a photo of myself with him now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coneygoil View Post
Yeah, that float has been around for a long time! So has the one Scrooge and Chip'n'Dale were riding on. Disney keeps revamping them and other floats, but it seems they don't ever want to bring in anything new! I guess the Spectro floats were falling apart because they had been used every night for over 20 years?

Scrooge is so cute! I grew up watching Ducktales in the '80's and I have the boxsets now for my daughter. I've only had to opportunity to meet Scrooge once and it was awesome

The Christmas party looked more laid back than MNSSHP. We've done MNSSHP twice and it was the best time ever! But I'd like to do the Christmas party at least once just to experience it.

Oh yeah, at least 15-20 years for this float too. And it gets used all the time. Give the darn thing a rest.

I loved Ducktales too. We still have some VHS episodes around here.

I am sure I missed a lot of the party activities being in the new fantasyland so much, but I still had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You got balloons AND snow all in the same picture! What's not to like? I just love night time pictures on Main Street. Having Christmas decorations and snow makes it that much more festive!

Ugh - I sense that reality is just around the corner. Who wants to make a decision on a flat tire while you are still in the magic. Bummer!
Thanks. I do kind of like that photo, but I wish it was clearer.
Yes, the flat tire was more of a pain that I thought it would be too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udflyer00 View Post
The Christmas Parade is one of my favorites!!! It's been a few years since we've been able to make it back to a party so your pictures brought back the memories!! :D And you're correct, those Toy Soldiers are worth it themselves. Wish they didn't pass by so fast!!!
I love that parade too. I could just walk along the soldiers the whole parade and be happy too.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #2053
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Unreal! I cannot believe that this happened. Seriously, what are the chances that all of you would have been involved in accidents so close in time? And one of you was in two!

So glad that woman saw what happened and helped your son out. Too many people just look the other way and don't want to get involved.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #2054
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, that is absolutely horrible. You have had your fair share the last couple of months...now enough!

I am so glad that lady saw it and tracked the driver down and they found him.

But most importantly I'm glad your son was not hurt.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #2055
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Good gosh Jen, that's a terrible way to start off your October. Thank goodness Michael wasn't hurt and the lady was kind enough to chase the hit and run guy down. We need more people like that that woman.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: