Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #16
It'sOffToDisneyWeGo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDoobee View Post
I somehow missed the subject line, and just read that you were adopting a 5 month old girl. Then saw she was getting SPAYED!!!!!
It'sOffToDisneyWeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Well, we brought Lilly home, and she is as happy as can be! She is a real love bug!! However, Stormy is not a happy cat... She has been grumpy and hissing and growling and the door that is separating them. I think I made a mistake by letting her see the new cat... I had the curtains to the glass doors open. I closed them later and that seemed to calm her down...

Stormy still stayed by the door for a lot of the evening, and she was grumpy with us too! I hope things get better. I know it has only been 1 evening, but I want it to work out...
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys View Post
Well, we brought Lilly home, and she is as happy as can be! She is a real love bug!! However, Stormy is not a happy cat... She has been grumpy and hissing and growling and the door that is separating them. I think I made a mistake by letting her see the new cat... I had the curtains to the glass doors open. I closed them later and that seemed to calm her down...

Stormy still stayed by the door for a lot of the evening, and she was grumpy with us too! I hope things get better. I know it has only been 1 evening, but I want it to work out...
Excuse me but there is a rule you have the kitty we get a picture otherwise no more suggestions
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #19
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
Excuse me but there is a rule you have the kitty we get a picture otherwise no more suggestions

There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Ok, I just have to figure out how to post them!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #21
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Ok, I just have to figure out how to post them!!!

Just sign up for a free photobucket account. upload your pics, then in the right column, click on the [ IMG ] code for each picture to copy it, and insert into your post.

http://www.photobucket.com/
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
emmabelle
I better watch out or my tag will say "She's some kind of a loserbag!"

I'm not the person who started the thread....

But here's the new guy we rescued from the great outdoors two weeks ago, he's such a love bug.

and constantly up to no good!

Me DH DS DD and the Dis(cats) - Lily Jynx Charlie
2003-CBR, 2004-Swan, 2006-BC, 2006-BWI, 2007-WL, 2008-BWI, 2009-BC, 2010-BWI, 2011-YC, 2011-BWV, 2012-BLT, 2013-BC, 2013-YC, 2014-GF
emmabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #23
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Here are pictures!!! The grey cat is Stormy... Lilly is the Ginger... She is our new kitty. Update- she got out of her room this evening. There was some hissing from Stormy. Lilly made a point of staying still and not making eye contact. I think Stormy is scared. Lilly just wants to be friends. They are avoiding/walking hesitantly around the house....

Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
denisem
DIS Veteran

emmabelle, your guy is a cutie!

3smithboys: just like my Millie, looks like Lily decided she was cooped up long enough!

I'd still keep them separated at night, though, to allow Stormy to get used to having someone new in "her" territory, and also allow you to supervise their encounters.

They're both pretty girls...I have a soft spot for gray cats...and calicos, and gingers, and black cats...tabbies...
denisem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #25
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisem View Post
emmabelle, your guy is a cutie!

3smithboys: just like my Millie, looks like Lily decided she was cooped up long enough!

I'd still keep them separated at night, though, to allow Stormy to get used to having someone new in "her" territory, and also allow you to supervise their encounters.

They're both pretty girls...I have a soft spot for gray cats...and calicos, and gingers, and black cats...tabbies...
Thanks, yeah. I agree!... We are going to put Lilly back in her room at night and during the day while we are all at school... She may not be happy about it, but it will be for her own good. I think we will need to keep them separated while we are out for several days or maybe even a week...
Old 10-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #26
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tomorrow night we are picking up a 5 month old girl we are adopting after she has been spayed. We already have a girl who is a little over a year old; we adopted her at the end of July.

This will be the first time we will have two cats. We are planning on keeping them separated for the first week - keeping the new cat in her own room. That room has French doors so they will be able to see each other. I was going to feed the cats their wet food (which she currently gets twice a day) by the door so she associates the new cat with something she loves...and also give her treats there too...

I was hoping that in about a week they would be able to be together. I also wanted to give her some time to heal from being spayed. I'm not sure how my old cat is going to like having a new cat around...and I want her to be able to get away!!!

Does anyone have experience in getting 2 cats together??? Thanks
I just had to introduce my 2 cats in early September. My boyfriend and I lived together, we had a dog and a cat. My boyfriend's parents don't like cats, so I took him. His name is Gibbs. He's about a year and a half. I already had a cat who lives with my parents named Sam who's 8. Sam is a VERY calm laid back timid cat. So I was really nervous about bringing Gibbs home to him. Their reaction to each other actually surprised me!

I brought Gibbs to my house and kept him in his carrier, while Sam sniffed him and got to know him a little bit. So it seemed pretty positive. I was nervous to let Gibbs out because I thought Sam was going to freak out. He really didn't at all. Gibbs was actually hissing (very quietly) a little bit, a couple days later he stopped that. And actually, Sam started hissing at him haha. And Sam will basically hiss at him anytime Gibbs is kinda bugging him. Which makes perfect sense to me lol

As long as there's no aggression they'll be okay. Sam and Gibbs have never been aggressive or territorial or anything towards each other. They'll run down the hall and chase each other, but they get along it didn't take very long at all

Good luck!!!

January 3-9, 2014: Port Orleans Riverside/Coronado Springs

Check out my Pre-trip Report! (completed) Our first Disney World trip is just 'a whim away, a whim away'
Trip Report for above PTR here

Next Disney Vacation in the works!
Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #27
Surfinpiratee
DIS Veteran

Oh, forgot to mention too. I do keep Gibbs in my room at night. Sam gets up early with my parents so i think he likes to have that time by himself

January 3-9, 2014: Port Orleans Riverside/Coronado Springs

Check out my Pre-trip Report! (completed) Our first Disney World trip is just 'a whim away, a whim away'
Trip Report for above PTR here

Next Disney Vacation in the works!
Current PTR: We must return to the magic!
Surfinpiratee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #28
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmabelle View Post
I'm not the person who started the thread....

But here's the new guy we rescued from the great outdoors two weeks ago, he's such a love bug.

and constantly up to no good!

OMG he is adorable!!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #29
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here are pictures!!! The grey cat is Stormy... Lilly is the Ginger... She is our new kitty. Update- she got out of her room this evening. There was some hissing from Stormy. Lilly made a point of staying still and not making eye contact. I think Stormy is scared. Lilly just wants to be friends. They are avoiding/walking hesitantly around the house....

Very cute. I had a grey cat like stormy his name was Thunder
Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #30
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Aww! ALL the kitty pictures are so cute!

I think it will just take some time for Stormy to adjust. Lilly is making it obvious that she doesn't want to fight or change the chain of command in the kitty situation. She's made it clear, she's willing to be the Beta kitty and Stormy will be the Alpha.
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: