Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #121
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Love the way Tom thinks - Dalmatian Day! Too cute!

Always so nice to spend time with friends at Disney! Lots of nice goodies for all too!

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful surprise! A Disney trip in January..and the Hotel New York!!! So happy for you and Tom!

(Absolutely love the Post Disney Depression....might have to borrow that one sometime for home. Tom is fabulously creative! )

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 09-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #122
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Yay, you have another trip to DLP planned - how exciting
I'm hoping to get back there at some point next year again
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #123
SigalTchelet
Mouseketeer

Just came upon your TR last nigh and am up to date. I am looking forward to reading about the Fantasy, specifically Eastern Carribbean as I leave for Florida 9 weeks from today and set sail 9 weeks from Tomorrow. I wish I could fly business class from California. Sorry your trip started off so poorly, but glad you at least had the lounge with the good food, comfy chairs and free Wifi!!!

Siggy aka Jill
Siggy's Fantastic Fantasy PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3081866
WDW Caribbean Beach Resort 1994
Disneyland: Many times in my childhood, October 1976, March 1977, June 16, 1977 (Grad Night), severasl times in the 80's, August 1991, October 3, 2009 (50th Birthday), May 2010, October 2010, February 2011, May 2011, October 2011

SigalTchelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #124
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am exhausted just reading the different parts of the trip. LOL
7 hour layover. OMG!! I could not imagine.
I cannot imagine waiting as long as you did for a flight.
OKW rooms are nice and big.
I would be sleeping the next day, the whole day. LOL
You got up early but for a good reason I see. Meeting friends is always good.
Dalmation Day. LOL
All caught up.
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:48 AM   #125
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I love meeting Disney friends! The gifts were so thoughtful and cool! Playing golf at Winter/Summerland is on my list of things to do.

Congrats on the trip to DLP and Hotel New York! on Dalmation Day! That is super clever!

Jill in CO
It was so nice to see Jeff and his family again. We had a blast cruising together in 2011 and I cannot wait to see them again.

We had played minigolf at Winter/Summerland YEARS ago, but it was so much more fun seeing the kids enjoy it so much.

I can't believe we are going back to the NY in Paris. It is pricey, but SO convenient when it comes to walking to the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Mmm that breakfast looks delicious! I love eggs benedict as well, but hardly ever order it.

I've never been to the miniature golf course over there, but it looks like fun! It's themed fantastically!

I love the pictures that you post. Do you make these yourself?

What a nice hotel!
We love Olivia's for breakfast, well, actually ALL meals are good there. And I so love Eggs Benedict, but only ever have them on vacation and you will see them reappear here quite a few times.
The miniature golf is so fun - the theming is absolute great. We had such a fun time. I am sure once Calvin is old enough you will love going there.

Tom does those pictures. He is very good when it comes to creating something like that. They are actually e-cards on our homepage. Come on over and check them out. They are at the end of our homepage (link in signature).

We love the Hotel New York. It is so conveniently located at the back entrance to the Disney Village. BUT it has its price - one higher than I usually like to pay. But we have such a short visit, so it's really worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
Congrats on your Paris trip. We love Winter Summerland. We always play everytime we are there.
Thank you, Elaine and thanks for the PM!
We have been to Winter/Summerland years ago, when we got vouchers for it with our tickets, but it was so much fun to play with Jeff and the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh my gosh what a long day. I just did the conversion and 900 euros will be over $1200 in US dollars...thats a nice chunk of change.
How fun to find Jeff's family right away. And mini gold sounds like a fun way to start out the trip.
It was like a never ending day. Add in the 6 hour time change and we arrived in Orlando 25 hours after we started our trip (not counting the time it took us to get to the airport).
I love that you converted the Euros to US dollars! And the 900 Euros are what we will receive AFTER the commission to the lawyers!
I could not believe we would "run" into Jeff like this, but it was fun to spend time with him, Lily and the kids.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #126
Texas lady
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your trip report..
Dh & I leave in 6 days for our cruise!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #127
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Dalmatian Day Now I have a little puppies with spots running around inside my head. You guys are funny!

Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #128
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just keeping up , don't want to miss an update !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #129
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Karin, what a fun update. So glad you had a great breakfast at Olivia's (we ate there one day during our trip...but I haven't gotten that far in my TR yet), and then you hooked up with your friends and got to go to Winter Wonderland (which we also did on this trip).

Great gifts too!
We love Olivia's. And no trip would be complete without Strawberries and Cream there.
I still cannot believe we just "ran" into Jeff and his family. We had so much fun that day ..... and the next day as well.
We did the minigolf at Winter/Summerland before, when vouchers for it came with the tickets we bought here, but we have had APs for ages now. And it was so different to experience it with the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Nice update Karin, I am suffering from post Disney depression too! At least you are planning a cure! The most I could do is go to the Disney Store and buy Lily some gifts.
So sorry you are suffering from Post Disney Depression too. But I guess you are the lucky one, being able to head to the next Disney store, it would take us 7 hours in a car to get to one, so booking another trip is the "easier" solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
How nice you had such a good visit with friends. The eggs Benedict looked so good, I need some of those soon!

I know what you mean about Disney depression, I received pin today. It was for 30% off a deluxe! but since I have to foot the rent for a month in south Florida next March, no Disney this soon!
We loved spending time with our DISfriends, not only Jeff and his family, but there were a few more fun meets.
Lucky girl, receiving a pin! Even if you won't return, they WANT you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Oh my! I nearly choked when I read in your "firsts" that your plane was hit by lightening. How scary!!!

Even with that and the late taxi though, it looks like you were off to a good start. How could you not be with that kind of food offered on your flight. And... being given such a cute little napkin too. How fun!

The lounge looks very nice...as did the buffet food. That was to be a long layover anyway, but the delay must have made it just horrid!! 13 HOURS!!! Hopefully you get compensated!

Wow, your seat had a remote control?? How cool is that??

Glad you made your way through customs easy enough.

Yay! For pixie dust upon arrival to OKW!

I love the pictures of the room at OKW! I am so happy to hear that it was big.

2:45 am? That is a LONG travel day.

I will give away a bit of my trip planning to you... because you have had such lovely breakfasts at oliva's, I have a breakfast booked there in January! Your recent pictures just make me want to get there sooner!!

How cool you have a january trip! You will be coming back from Paris just as I am leaving for FL!

And the miniature golf looks like fun. It isn't something you read about on many trip reports either.
Yes, we got a lot to tell looking back at that flight. Not the perfect start to our vacation, but it got A LOT better after that.

The business class seats are awesome! Not only are they remote controlled, but they can be made completely flat, so they really turn into a bed. It was just so nice to be able to stretch out and sleep after such a long day.

We always do the online check in and so far it always worked for us. I was a bit worried that since we came in so late, we might not get our favourite place, but no matter what, we got Turtle Pond Road and the higher floor.

Yeah, for trying Olivia's for breakfast in January. I can reveal a bit to you too, we DID have breakfast at Kouzzina ...... don't want to give anything away, but we will return.

The minigolf was a lot of fun, especially with the kids.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 09-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #130
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Karin I loved your breakfast choice at Olivia's .That was my choice too The Eggs Benedict!!! How great you got to spend some Fun time with Dis Friends !!! I Love Tom's Dalmation Day !!
I knew you would like my choice, Rosie!
It was nice to spend those first two days with so many friends. We really had such a good time.
Tom picked the Dalmation Day up on one of the boards he visits. It was so fun I had to share it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
HAPPY DALMATION DAY!

Looks like a lovely breakfast - especially when you get to go twice with a good friends! I'm glad the golf was so fun for all of you!
Breakfast at Olivia's is always fun, even more fun if you get to go there with friends.
The minigolf was lots of fun. We had to stop often and laughed a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Great update, Karin! What a fun DIS meet, and as usual, you teach me a lesson in enjoying the less obvious choices at WDW like mini-golf. I really need to learn to slow down, as my TR will make clear, I'm sure.

Oooh - are we going to end up with another mini-TR within a TR from you????
Thank you!
We had such great fun spending time with Jeff and his family and we didn't even need to get to a park for it.
Years ago, we did the parks commando style, but we are too old for that. We need to take our time and smell the roses.

You might very well have a mini-TR coming your way for our DLRP trip. Especially since the cast member on the phone told me that they are still doing the Dreams show and that they will have some Christmas themed elements in it.
I love the parks all decked out for Christmas and we will catch the very end of the season in January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Dalmation Day? How cute is that?

Breakfast looks yummy!

Your gifts are fantastic.

How fun to meet up with your friends.

20 minutes to get your KTTK card working is about 15 minutes too long, IMHO!
I too thought that Dalmation Day was cute. He picked it up on one of the boards he reads.
I am with you - with all their technology it should not take them 20 minutes to get the key to work, but we had our friends with us, so we didn't care all that much about it.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #131
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

All these hanges , with the wrist bands , the NO GAC and FP + ,I am gonna have to0 relearn Disney
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #132
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Love the way Tom thinks - Dalmatian Day! Too cute!

Always so nice to spend time with friends at Disney! Lots of nice goodies for all too!

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful surprise! A Disney trip in January..and the Hotel New York!!! So happy for you and Tom!

(Absolutely love the Post Disney Depression....might have to borrow that one sometime for home. Tom is fabulously creative! )
Christine, I am all with you, I think that Dalmation Day is cute too!

It was lovely to meet up with Jeff and his family again. We had spent a lot of time together on the cruise in 2011 and it was a lot of fun.

I was really happy we got the January trip to happen! AND the Hotel New York. It usually is too expensive for my taste, but for only three nights we can make it happen (and I got a good discount too!)

Christine, the Post Disney Depression is an e-card on our homepage, feel free to use it whenever you want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Yay, you have another trip to DLP planned - how exciting
I'm hoping to get back there at some point next year again
I can't believe that we are actually able to fit in a short trip to DLRP. But since we have to skip our trip to Italy, we can plan on DLRP one more time.
Hope you get to fit in another visit REAL soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigalTchelet View Post
Just came upon your TR last nigh and am up to date. I am looking forward to reading about the Fantasy, specifically Eastern Carribbean as I leave for Florida 9 weeks from today and set sail 9 weeks from Tomorrow. I wish I could fly business class from California. Sorry your trip started off so poorly, but glad you at least had the lounge with the good food, comfy chairs and free Wifi!!!
Welcome!
You are going to love the Fantasy, such a beautiful ship. We really enjoyed the Eastern Caribbean, very relaxing days at sea and the ports were really nice.
We can't usually afford to fly business class, but the offer was to good to turn it down. And it paid off this time with all the delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am exhausted just reading the different parts of the trip. LOL
7 hour layover. OMG!! I could not imagine.
I cannot imagine waiting as long as you did for a flight.
OKW rooms are nice and big.
I would be sleeping the next day, the whole day. LOL
You got up early but for a good reason I see. Meeting friends is always good.
Dalmation Day. LOL
All caught up.
We were exhausted too!
Well, the 7 hour layover did not come unexpected. It was the "price" we had to pay for businessclass and it paid off in the end.
I wish we could sleep in, but with the 6 hour time difference it feels like it is already 2pm when we get up at 8am.
And the time we spent with Jeff and his family made more than up for the "short" night.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #133
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Karin, they must want us back very badly. I've been getting PIN numbers since last fall, the best was 35% off the Club Level. That is what I used this past trip. We want to go out west next year, but who knows if Disney comes calling with a great PIN!

Bob decided WDW wasn't so bad after all, he wanted to stay longer. Imagine that!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #134
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
All these hanges , with the wrist bands , the NO GAC and FP + ,I am gonna have to0 relearn Disney
Me too!! It is whole new Disney!! Sure hope I like this one!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #135
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!
We had such great fun spending time with Jeff and his family and we didn't even need to get to a park for it.
Years ago, we did the parks commando style, but we are too old for that. We need to take our time and smell the roses.

You might very well have a mini-TR coming your way for our DLRP trip. Especially since the cast member on the phone told me that they are still doing the Dreams show and that they will have some Christmas themed elements in it.
I love the parks all decked out for Christmas and we will catch the very end of the season in January.
You know, I am too old for it too! I need to learn how to make myself slow down.

I love getting to read about DLRP!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: