Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 10:09 AM   #196
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
No matter how nicely I ask they always address my details as MS not MISS. I hate being called ms.
Miss, in the Disney system, is used for females under 18. No way to make you a Miss. The computer will not allow it.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #197
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDoobee View Post
NO! NO! NO! Don't get rid of my Caffeine Free Diet Coke! Well okay, I guess I could drink regular Diet Coke, but as much as I drink, and since I have insomnia, I really don't need all that caffeine!

How about if they just ADD Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper.
Whatever gets Caffeine Free Dr Pepper in the parks is fine with me! I drink the Caffeine Free Diet Coke right now so I don't really want it to go away unless it is for the Dr Pepper. Keeping the Coke and adding the Dr Pepper would be great with me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Parents who don't make their children behave ( stay in their seats and use inside voices) in restaurants.

Huge strollers on buses - no places to put them, so they bump into everyone when loading and during the ride.

Children who are allowed to hang onto ropes/rails in lines and bump into you every second.
My issue with this is that I have a young child. When she was 2, we went to WDW and she would try to hang on the ropes. We all explained to her that it was rude, she would end up hitting the guests with the rope, and other things like that. She would stop. But then, she would see some other child doing it whose parents didn't seem to care and she didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to act that way. She would use the excuse that the other kid was doing it. Now that she is older, it's easier to explain to her that it is still rude whether other parents stop their child or not, but when the child is quite young, that is hard. I wish other parents wouldn't let their kids play with the ropes.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #198
emilily88
So fetch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
People who think what ever their kids do is cute
TOTALLY agree!! Kids running around screaming, kicking and hitting other people, throwing things, acting like a fool while the parents just stand there watching. I've even had a kid who was kicking me repeatedly and when I asked them to stop, the parent replied "oh, she's okay". No she's NOT! I'm about to kick her back...

WDW 2000, 2002
High School Musical Kansas premiere 2007
Lion King Gazelle Tour 2013
emilily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #199
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

People that feel the need to walk on the left side of walkways!!! Or those groups that spread from the far right of the walkway over into the left side!!! This is America people...stay to the right. These walkways/sidewalks/paths are two way. Don't force me into the shrubbery in order to get past you!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #200
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
I've encountered both foreign tour groups, and groups of American teenage twirlers and cheerleaders at WDW. In my opinion these American groups are far more annoying, rude and discourteous.
We've dealt with Brazilian tour groups a couple times when we went in January. Rude, loud and obnoxious.

Dealt with cheerleaders once in March. Saw them going in and out of the parks, but it seemed like they were in small groups then so no problem. We were staying at Port Orleans and one evening a large group of them were practicing their cheers in the courtyard just outside our room. We could hear them but it was early in the evening, so no bother.

Don't think we've ever seen twirlers.
MIGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #201
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
People that feel the need to walk on the left side of walkways!!! Or those groups that spread from the far right of the walkway over into the left side!!! This is America people...stay to the right. These walkways/sidewalks/paths are two way. Don't force me into the shrubbery in order to get past you!!!
Now, see...this doesn't bother me. When I see people walking on the left side I just figure they are from a country that walks (and drives their cars) on the left. To THEM walking on the left is the right way to do it, so I always cut them some slack.
MIGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #202
KennesawNemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
Now, see...this doesn't bother me. When I see people walking on the left side I just figure they are from a country that walks (and drives their cars) on the left. To THEM walking on the left is the right way to do it, so I always cut them some slack.
I am confused. Are we supposed to walk on the right in disney because we drive on the right side?

How about in a mall, shall we always walk on the right?

How about shopping in supermarket? Only checking the shelf on the right?
KennesawNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #203
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennesawNemo View Post
I am confused. Are we supposed to walk on the right in disney because we drive on the right side?

I was wondering the same thing. I never knew that was a "rule".
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #204
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Whatever gets Caffeine Free Dr Pepper in the parks is fine with me! I drink the Caffeine Free Diet Coke right now so I don't really want it to go away unless it is for the Dr Pepper. Keeping the Coke and adding the Dr Pepper would be great with me, though.

My issue with this is that I have a young child. When she was 2, we went to WDW and she would try to hang on the ropes. We all explained to her that it was rude, she would end up hitting the guests with the rope, and other things like that. She would stop. But then, she would see some other child doing it whose parents didn't seem to care and she didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to act that way. She would use the excuse that the other kid was doing it. Now that she is older, it's easier to explain to her that it is still rude whether other parents stop their child or not, but when the child is quite young, that is hard. I wish other parents wouldn't let their kids play with the ropes.
lol. You are a nicer person than I am. Same thing happened to us, I simply told my kids that the other parents weren't doing their job and I was going to raise kids with manners.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #205
SLP958
DIS Veteran

My peeve is adults complaining about Disney losing its "magic."

Disney is a really fun place but there is no magic. Maybe the expectations have grown a bit too high.
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #206
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsjax View Post
lol. You are a nicer person than I am. Same thing happened to us, I simply told my kids that the other parents weren't doing their job and I was going to raise kids with manners.
I've done this too in similar situations! But I tend to say it rather loudly, hoping the other parents hear.

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #207
mhsjax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
I've done this too in similar situations! But I tend to say it rather loudly, hoping the other parents hear.

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.
mhsjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #208
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennesawNemo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
I was wondering the same thing. I never knew that was a "rule".
"Walk to the right" is a very common etiquette practice in this part of the world. I'm surprised some Americans are not familiar with that . It's not a law, but it is common courtesy.

Now in the grocery store, I count it as a rule of etiquette to put your cart on whichever side of the aisle you are looking at the shelves of if you're going to be there for a few moments. Please don't put your cart on one side of the aisle and yourself on the other side, thus blocking the whole aisle. And don't leave your cart in the middle of the aisle while you traipse up and down the row looking for something. Stay to one side or the other so that others can get by. And when approaching another person with a cart who is walking towards you, I say follow the typical "walk to the right" rule and both of you should stick to your right.

Okay. Grocery store rant over .
Old 09-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #209
KennesawNemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaTX View Post
"Walk to the right" is a very common etiquette practice in this part of the world. I'm surprised some Americans are not familiar with that . It's not a law, but it is common courtesy.

Now in the grocery store, I count it as a rule of etiquette to put your cart on whichever side of the aisle you are looking at the shelves of if you're going to be there for a few moments. Please don't put your cart on one side of the aisle and yourself on the other side, thus blocking the whole aisle. And don't leave your cart in the middle of the aisle while you traipse up and down the row looking for something. Stay to one side or the other so that others can get by. And when approaching another person with a cart who is walking towards you, I say follow the typical "walk to the right" rule and both of you should stick to your right.

Okay. Grocery store rant over .
I am not American, but I have live in this part of the world for 10+ years. I consider myself to be a very good rule follower, but to be honest, I've never observed the rule of walking on your right when I am out and about, otherwise I would definitely ask and follow. I guess I'll pay a little more attention when I am in theme parks next time.

I was told once by someone that if I am out walking in my subdivision where there is no sidewalk, I should walk on the left so that I can see incoming traffic and be aware. Now, someone clarify for me if this is true.
KennesawNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:06 PM   #210
soccerdad72
DIS Veteran

I don't think I've ever paid attention to what side of a sidewalk I've walked on? And at WDW, it's a mass of people, so there never seems to be a "side" per se. I guess I might have inadvertently irritated people -- sorry!
soccerdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: