Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #20
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

I've only had a problem with body odor once that I remember.

The a man I worked for was American of Indian heritage and he decided to bring a couple of guys over from India to do some programming work for us. It was a good way for the two young men to learn first hand about the culture and work environments here in the US. They were set up in a modern apartment with all the amenities (including washer/dryer in the unit). One of the two was exceptionally enthusiastic about fitting in and doing all thing American (he was a lot of fun to be around as he discovered all kinds of new things- stuff we take for granted).

The other guy, however, was just painful to be around. He didn't shower (or bathe for that matter), wouldn't use deodorant, and would only rinse out his clothes and hang them. My boss had made sure they both had everything they needed and explained to this guy several times how the w/d worked and that it really was okay to use them. Nothing sunk in with him and his body odor grew by the day until it was practically tangible in the room with us all. Looking back on it now, I think he was very, very homesick and depressed. He wasn't happy here and didn't stay very long before returning to India.

I did work with this jerk a long time ago with a thoroughly disgusting habit of going in and completely fumigating the bathroom right off of the staff lunchroom five minutes before everyone would sit and eat (we had a very casual lunch schedule and ate whenever the lunch fetcher of the day got back). There were several bathrooms in the office, but he purposely used that one every single day. What made it worse was that he would brag about it and how bad it smelled before taking his food back to his desk. We did get our revenge on him though- we waited until April Fools day. One of the guys in the warehouse drove around for hours the night before looking for a skunk roadkill. He snagged a little of if it and after Mr. Jerk headed into the bathroom to start his normal routine of grossing us all out, we put a bit of dead skunk in his office for him to enjoy during *his* lunch. He was LIVID. Our company owner found out about it (loudly) from Mr. Jerk and called us in one by one to ask us why we would do that. He got really angry over Mr. Jerk's behavior and had that particular bathroom locked so no one could use it. None of us got into real trouble although a memo banning April Fools pranks was circulated soon thereafter.

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: