Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #16
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
Emme, if you have a Whole Foods near you at home they usually have Macarons in their bakery. The pistachio ones are divine!
I may or may not have driven an hour to get some today Thank you so much, I had no idea! No pistachio ones today, but they did have cappuccino and passion fruit! So yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
We just returned from the 7 day Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy concierge cabin 12524. We took a taxi to Maho Beach Sunset Grill and ate pizza and watched the planes land and take off. Windows got blown out of a couple of cars. Taxi was $20 for 2 of us each way. Ask Julia or Kemisha (concierge hostess) to print out a plane schedule for that day showing takeoffs and landings. Make sure you get there for the KLM 747 landing, usually some time before noon. The others are non-eventful. On St Thomas, we did the zip line adventure. It was a blast, I highly recommend it.

We asked for dining rotation AERAERA and did Palo night 2 and Remy night 3. You do not want to miss any Animator's Palate nights. Request Sergio from Montenegro as your server. He's the absolute best and will get you anything if you ask him the night before. Sergio will offer his suggestions, we learned to trust him. We ate sea bass every night. Palo was a perfect meal, Remy was a great experience, but I enjoyed the food more at Palo. I wouldn't do Remy again, but would do Palo twice if I could.

There is enough food out all day long in the concierge lounge, that we never ventured out for breakfast or lunch. And you can get a full hot breakfast delivered to your stateroom if you wish. Just ask Julia for the menu to order the night before.

Be glad to answer any of your questions. BTW, we will be in Nashville next weekend for the Here Come The Mummies concert!

Brian
Hi Brian! Thanks for the advice on Maho! I had no idea about the breakfast delivery. I always hate the line in Cabanas, so we will definitely have to take advantage of that! While you're in Nashville, I recommend eating at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It's always so good and usually very crowded! Also if you have a sweet tooth for ice cream check out Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams on Eastland ave. They have the best flavors. If you want good ole southern cooking, Loveless Cafe is about 30 outside of Nashville, but totally worth it.Be sure to make a reservation for Loveless or get there super super early! Hope you have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
Our favorite thing to do in St. Thomas is to shop in the Royal Dane Shopping area off of Main Street and Veteran's Drive (a quick taxi ride or longer walk from the ship). While there, for the absolute best authentic Caribbean experience and food ever, have lunch at Glady's Cafe, located right in the Royal Dane Shopping area (any local knows where it is). Great, great food, it is open for breakfast and lunch only.

If you are looking for a full-island tour, head out to Main Street and look for the red open air truck driven by Dawud (sp), a Bob Marley look-alike (although much younger). He typically holds his tour sign out on Main Street up the alley from Glady's in front of the jewelry shops. He is an artist, historian and all-around fun guy who gives great tours (at a reasonable price).

Enjoy!
Thank you for the St. Thomas ideas. That shopping sounds like it's right up our alley! Hopefully I can convince everyone to try Glady's! Sounds delicious!

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #17
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to get some!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
SacCruiser
Earning My Ears

Joining in. We are doing the Eastern in December and at this point have not decided on any excursions yet. Hoping to see how your non-plan plan works out.

1st DCL:
December 14th 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2nd DCL:
November 28th, 2015, Fantasy Western Caribbean
SacCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #19
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

I'm on board! Eager to hear your experience as a new *adult* on the ship. Our cruise is a year out and my son will turn 18 right before.
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #20
Texas lady
Mouseketeer

YAY!!
Dh & I are on this cruise, getting excited!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #21
napleskid
Earning My Ears

emme - thanks for the Nashville advice. I will post pics of the room service breakfast menu as soon as I complete my 10 posts. Gee, you guys are really close to leaving for the cruise!
napleskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
napleskid
Earning My Ears

emme - here is the menu you can order hot breakfast from. Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gor1b6sa39k5o9/sAsJpTNwxu
Old 09-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #23
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
I'm on board! Eager to hear your experience as a new *adult* on the ship. Our cruise is a year out and my son will turn 18 right before.
Thanks for joining in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas lady View Post
YAY!!
Dh & I are on this cruise, getting excited!!!
It's almost time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
emme - here is the menu you can order hot breakfast from. Have fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gor1b6sa39k5o9/sAsJpTNwxu
Thank you so much for that! It just makes me even more excited for this weekend!

Old 09-29-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
princessmurdough
Does that come with champagne?

Just popping in for the macaron discussion...If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they have excellent macarons in their frozen section, at a great price too. I'm a huge fan.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #25
PerryMookie
Earning My Ears

watching this tr as we are on the same cruise a year from now. We'll be doing back to back western and then eastern caribbean. not many excursions planned other than scub diving at grand cayman and st maartin. We'll have young kids with us too so the shopping/touristy stuff is not really their thing
PerryMookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #26
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Joining in! I did the 7night Eastern last October and loved it!

If you don't have something planned on St Thomas, I highly recommend going over to St John. It is absolutely breathtaking! I did the DCL excursion where you are driven around the island. The beaches are amazing! It's a national park so very undeveloped.

Jill in CO
Old 10-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #27
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmurdough View Post
Just popping in for the macaron discussion...If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they have excellent macarons in their frozen section, at a great price too. I'm a huge fan.
I heard that Trader Joes was now selling them, too bad I moved recently. No TJ near me, but when I go back to visit I will definitely be getting some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMookie View Post
watching this tr as we are on the same cruise a year from now. We'll be doing back to back western and then eastern caribbean. not many excursions planned other than scub diving at grand cayman and st maartin. We'll have young kids with us too so the shopping/touristy stuff is not really their thing
Hopefully I will have some good info for you when I return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Joining in! I did the 7night Eastern last October and loved it!

If you don't have something planned on St Thomas, I highly recommend going over to St John. It is absolutely breathtaking! I did the DCL excursion where you are driven around the island. The beaches are amazing! It's a national park so very undeveloped.

Jill in CO
That sounds like an awesome idea! I didn't even think about that! Hopefully we will make it over there next week!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
shandrananette
Mouseketeer

Subbing

We're on the Eastern leaving November 16, also in concierge. We're doing a private Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten but have no plans for St. Thomas, so I'm interested to hear what you end up doing.

Happy early birthday - my son turns four on our cruise and I'll be interested to hear how you celebrate.

shandrananette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #29
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandrananette View Post
Subbing We're on the Eastern leaving November 16, also in concierge. We're doing a private Bernard's Tours in St. Maarten but have no plans for St. Thomas, so I'm interested to hear what you end up doing. Happy early birthday - my son turns four on our cruise and I'll be interested to hear how you celebrate.
Thanks for joining in and thank you for the birthday wishes!

Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #30
napleskid
Earning My Ears

Are you planning anything for the cruise out past the port Canaveral webcam? We watch it every Saturday afternoon at 5pm. Whoever operates the cam loves banners. We had our Mickey gloves on waving from our verandah on 9/7. It was exciting watching before our cruise, now it's sad watching knowing our cruise is over. We wish we were going with you guys! We will be watching the webcam on Saturday after we get home from Nashville!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: