Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #2011
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I got a Canon EOS M.

Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
So did Claire talk you into buying her a new doll?
No, actually I think she new better, but I surprised her by asking her which dolls she like best and when she narrowed it down to 2 I told her she could get 1 of them.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #2012
Vailbaby
Earning My Ears

Vailbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #2013
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

You got some great fireworks pics.
Hope you had a nice time on your weekend trip
scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #2014
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vailbaby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
You got some great fireworks pics.
Hope you had a nice time on your weekend trip
Thanks. I loved seeing the fireworks there.

We had a nice weekend. I can't believe were are already at Saturday of this week!!! Time keeps flying by.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #2015
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We exited the New Fantasyland and went for a ride on Pooh.

I always love this store. Pooh stuff is just so darn cute.

We saw Scrooge was out, but we had to get a spot for the parade and couldnít stop.

UGH!!!! This parade was super packed too. I had hoped going to the later one would be less crowded but both this one and the Halloween ones were jammed with people.

We were lucky and found a decent spot and some guys let Claire sit on the ground in front of them and I was back and could stand on a ledge. I found out that everyone aroundÖall adults, were there for pictures too. I tried not to get my arms and elbows in the way of others as I shot pictures. I did a pretty poor job. It was so dark and my flash was not recharging correctly (I think it had a low battery). The best way to work it was to turn off the flash and camera and return them both back on to take the next picture. It was slow, but faster than waiting for the recharge. In the end, I am not happy with my pictures, but we LOVED this parade.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #2016
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just love Scrooge!

Chip and Dale were so cute. They were having a snowball fight.

Who doesnít love the Dwarves?

I couldnít get Snow to look my way. She was too busy gazing into the eyes of the Prince.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #2017
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

The Ponies were so cute.

Cindy gave me a big smile and wave though.

Here it is!!!!! That float that has been around for AT LEAST 15 years. I know it was there in the mid 90ís when I took my older two. They just keep adding a little something to it to make it look different. Sorry DisneyÖitís not working, we all know itís that same floatÖ..and it needs to GO!!!!

They say Spectro isnít coming back because the floats are falling apart Ö.why canít this one fall apart too?

One thing I hate about this float is it is not photographer friendly. Those Spires seem to always be in the way to catch a face in a shot.

Gotta Love Goofy!

Old 09-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #2018
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great parade photos, Jen! I love that you take so many for all of us to enjoy.

I had to LOL about "the" old float. Yes, you are right the spires get in the way, but you should see how they use the same floats for EVERYTHING at DLRP!! Put a few pumpins on it and it turns into Halloween, a little snow and it becomes Christmas .........
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #2019
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

The Holiday Wishes had started and watching them from the New Fantasyland was quite a treat.

Great Picture! I really would love to catch the fireworks from FL area, but I have that little voice in my head that says the best place is still in front of the Castle.

Kadence was having fun this morning going through and catching up here. She loves Claire's picture with the gargoyle.

I'm glad we did ETWB, but like you I don't see it as a have to for each day we're in park.

Great pictures all around, I hate no flash rules....
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #2020
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well, for the trouble you wee having with your camera and the fact that you aren't totally pleased with your pics, I think they turned out great. I wish they would put just a tad more lights on the parade route. It would eliminate the need for the flash all together.

I agree that the float you mentioned needs to go. You can only recycle it so many times. Plus, come on, they got the dough to construct a new one.

I haven't seen the Christmas parade for quite a few years. Looks like I need to because a few things have changed.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #2021
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great parade photos, Jen! I love that you take so many for all of us to enjoy.

I had to LOL about "the" old float. Yes, you are right the spires get in the way, but you should see how they use the same floats for EVERYTHING at DLRP!! Put a few pumpins on it and it turns into Halloween, a little snow and it becomes Christmas .........
Thanks. I enjoyed this parade so much.

Thats funny! Disney spends big bucks on things we don't want or really care for ...like the whole my Disney Experience, which is stil lfull of glitches ....yet they can't build a new float!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Great Picture! I really would love to catch the fireworks from FL area, but I have that little voice in my head that says the best place is still in front of the Castle.

Kadence was having fun this morning going through and catching up here. She loves Claire's picture with the gargoyle.

I'm glad we did ETWB, but like you I don't see it as a have to for each day we're in park.

Great pictures all around, I hate no flash rules....
I love that picture too. We almost never watch the fireworks and if we do it's usually not in front of the castle. I think because it is so crowded that I avoid it if I can.

I need to bring your TR up and catch Claire up. I know she is very far behind. I can't even remember where we left off with her reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, for the trouble you wee having with your camera and the fact that you aren't totally pleased with your pics, I think they turned out great. I wish they would put just a tad more lights on the parade route. It would eliminate the need for the flash all together.

I agree that the float you mentioned needs to go. You can only recycle it so many times. Plus, come on, they got the dough to construct a new one.

I haven't seen the Christmas parade for quite a few years. Looks like I need to because a few things have changed.
Thanks. I have seen so many better pictures, so mine really were a disappointment to me. But yes, if they had more lighting in the area, I could at least have a better chance!

I just really do NOT like that float. They use it for everything!
Old 09-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #2022
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I know that you are not very pleased about your parade photos, but I love them. This makes me excited about the parade even though it did not do a great deal for me last year. I actually like that last float, but then I don't have seen it very often.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #2023
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Jen, your "poor" photos put my "good" photos to shame. I think they turned out great.

I loved that parade and the 7 guys and Chip and Dale having a snowball fight.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #2024
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I know that you are not very pleased about your parade photos, but I love them. This makes me excited about the parade even though it did not do a great deal for me last year. I actually like that last float, but then I don't have seen it very often.

Corinna
Thanks. I guess it just annoys me that they haven't replaced it after all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Jen, your "poor" photos put my "good" photos to shame. I think they turned out great.

I loved that parade and the 7 guys and Chip and Dale having a snowball fight.
Thanks Kathy. It's really hard to get a good picture, but I sure would love another chance to try.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #2025
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

I've never seen that parade, now I have through your pictures.

This is a heck of a trip, getting to see the Halloween party, a cruise & the Christmas party all on the same trip!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: