Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #121
Kac923
Mouseketeer

I really want to know this too! And want to know the dining rotations and the show schedule because we have Palo booked for dinner one night but there are a few shows, MDR's and this holiday deck party that I don't want to miss.
Kac923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #122
3PiratesAndAPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicbic97 View Post
I tried calling DCL a few weeks ago to find out and they weren't able to give me an answer. I don't think we will know until he get onboard when the holiday party will be. They did tell me that it will not replace the pirate party though
Cool. Thanks for the update!
3PiratesAndAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #123
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PiratesAndAPrincess
So I was reading that with this new "holidays on the high seas" there will be a holiday deck party. Does anyone know what night/day this will be on?
We can say not first night or cozumel night which is oirate night.

disneylove69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #124
purplegirl
Earning My Ears

Chicago area and hotels

Saw someone ask about where in the Chicago area people are, we are in Wheaton.

We're flying in the night before to FLL so we'll stay there and do private transport in the morning. We've found some decent rates at Cambria Suites in Dania Beach right near the airport if you don't mind staying by the airport. Hampton Inn Brickell in Miami has a nice AAA rate if you are a member and want to be closer to the port for a short commute the next morning. I haven't stayed at either but read some decent reviews.
purplegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #125
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Count us in for a great cruise!

We're Andrea & Greg, empty nesters from Virginia, excited to be traveling with good friends. This will be our 9th DCL cruise (all four ships) but have taken many other cruises on different lines. We've been DVC members since 1995.

Looking forward to seeing the 'new' Magic all decorated for the holidays!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #126
eickhoff06
Earning My Ears

Welcome to the cruise!!! That's wonderful to cruise with friends! Hope you have a wonderful time!
eickhoff06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #127
nicfrog
Earning My Ears

I got an email today about our cruise. I am bummed there will not be a formal night. Is that normal or maybe it is to make way for the holiday party????
nicfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #128
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Probably. I'm excited..less to pack now that dining rooms are jeans. Could also be that its a shorter trip.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #129
Scott1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfrog View Post
I got an email today about our cruise. I am bummed there will not be a formal night. Is that normal or maybe it is to make way for the holiday party????
I didn't get an e-mail. It said no formal night?
Scott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #130
nicfrog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
I didn't get an e-mail. It said no formal night?
It was an email that said some helpful details before you sail. Online when you check in you can sign up for email updates. This is what it said under Formal attire....

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Also, I have been reading that you can now wear shorts to dinner that disney has changed the policy??
nicfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #131
Scott1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfrog View Post
It was an email that said some helpful details before you sail. Online when you check in you can sign up for email updates. This is what it said under Formal attire....

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Also, I have been reading that you can now wear shorts to dinner that disney has changed the policy??
Thanks. Missed the e-mail. Guess I'll be saving some money. Now my wife can take back the gown she bought.

Also, are they going to have a gingerbread house making activity? I read somewhere they have had those on pass Christmas cruises? Plus, will they do a Tea with Alice on this cruise since it is only 5 days?
Scott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #132
disneylove69
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfrog

Dcl just changed policy. Shorts and jeans no swimsuits. There are a few boards talking about it.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #133
nicbic97
Mouseketeer

There is no "formal" night on the cruises shorter than 7 days, but there is an optional dress up night on the cruise on the first sea day. There will be photography stations set up where you can take family portraits in your dressy attire.

5/15/99-18th b-day visit to MK, 9/28/12-MNSSHP, 9/29/12-10/6/12-Fantasy Western, 5/12/13-5/16/13-Dream 4 day Bahamaian, 11/10/13-11/15/13-Magic 5 day Western, 12/30/13-1/3/14-ASMo, 6/2/14-6/9/14-Alaskan Wonder
nicbic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #134
ecormack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhote View Post
It's getting closer! It's getting colder here in upstate NY, I am already getting psyched for that blue water and warmth. My boys started high school and are busy with soccer and football and homework! So, not much cruise talk going on here. We are staying in Vero Beach Fri and Sat and then driving to Miami Sunday morning. Will the FE list be posted again with final cabin #s, etc?
We are booked in at Vero Beach as well; coming in on Tuesday and checking out Saturday in the AM to stay in Miami the night before. We are DVC members but this will be our first time at VB and we are looking forward to it!
ecormack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #135
ecormack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PiratesAndAPrincess View Post
Are there any fellow Canadians in the mix??
You bet! Hubby and I and our son and his wife - all Albertans!
ecormack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: