Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #34
IndianaPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellylfitz View Post
I said I wouldn't post again, but I feel the need to correct this because it is patently false. If something is not covered by insurance, then it is the patient's responsibility. If a patient wants veneers to make their teeth look better, no insurance company in the world will cover it, but you bet that the patient will be paying for it. If the insurance company decides that the patient could have had a filling instead of a crown (regardless of the fact that the patient really needed a crown), then the patient will be paying for it. An insurance company trying to dictate what a dentist can and cannot do outside the scope of the policy has been found illegal in multiple states.

Insurance companies are in it for their own profit and the patients ideal care is not their number one priority. The only thing the insurance company does is force the dentist to set his rates according to their fee schedule. A dentist can't charge the patient more than the insurance company's set fee and then collect the remainder from the patient.
I am so confused about how you can say that my post is "patently false" and then agree with what I said?!?!? Yes, there are things not covered by insurance, but you have to agree to it beforehand.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: