Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie2three View Post
So then link them.

I was told by one Disney rep in the IT dept (working with MDE tech issues) to try using a smart phone and "scan" them in. Didn't work. Then I was told by Disney's ticketing dept, that the tickets don't hit Disney's system till 48 hours from the date of use. Then I was told via email that any other questions I have should go to Travelocity.
From one of the emails from Disney:

"Thank you for contacting Walt Disney World Ticketing.

Please contact Travelocity with any questions or concerns regarding your ticket orders, as Disney would not have access to a ticket order until 48 hours prior to the arrival date listed in the vendor's system."
mumzie2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #77
texasadam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumzie2three View Post
Where did you find the disclaimer you mention?
Under "Redemption Policy" at http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/...ame=TotalTrips ...

Quote:
Redemption Policy

Exchange your WILL CALL certificate for your Magic Your Way® ticket at any Vacation Planner window, located at the entrance of the four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. Photo identification will be required for issuance of all Walt Disney World® Theme Park Tickets. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Void if altered. Walt Disney World® Theme Park hours vary and are subject to change without notice. Unused tickets and WILL CALL certificates are non-refundable. If you are booking a hotel as part of your package, you can exchange your WILL CALL certificate starting from the date of hotel check-in.
texasadam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #78
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasadam
Thanks. Unfortunately, their disclaimer is tucked away in a pop up window that some people (me) don'open and read. I thought I was adding tickets to my trip, not a "voucher" with usuable dates attached. Didn't realize until the confirmation email. But I like that there are still lessons to be learned well into my 40's. Find and read the fine print!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #79
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I was able to book my FP+ picks for our whole stay and we have tickets from Travelocity. I was able to link them in MDE. Our dates are Oct 10-14. I just wanted to let everyone know that it works!!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #80
texasadam
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
I was able to book my FP+ picks for our whole stay and we have tickets from Travelocity. I was able to link them in MDE. Our dates are Oct 10-14. I just wanted to let everyone know that it works!!
Did you purchase your tickets in the same order as booking a hotel reservation? Which number did you use to link? The TRxxxxxx on the Travelocity voucher?
texasadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #81
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasadam View Post
Did you purchase your tickets in the same order as booking a hotel reservation? Which number did you use to link? The TRxxxxxx on the Travelocity voucher?
I was on the thread earlier, complaining that I couldn't get my tickets to link. When I looked at my reservation in MDE this morning, it lists under tickets "4 day Park Hoppers". There are no numbers next to them in MDE, so I don't know if that came from my Travelocity reservation or if something I typed in took and i'm not even sure how long it's been like that. I made our YC reservation with Travelocity and purchased the tickets on the same order.

I wish I could be more help and remember exactly what I did to get them to show up.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #82
disneynme
Mouseketeer

I'm going to bed now, but I'll get back on MDE in the morning and look again and see if I can get a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #83
disneynme
Mouseketeer

Here's the screenshot that shows my Travelocity tickets on our reservation. I still don't know what made them show up.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #84
mumzie2three
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was on the thread earlier, complaining that I couldn't get my tickets to link. When I looked at my reservation in MDE this morning, it lists under tickets "4 day Park Hoppers". There are no numbers next to them in MDE, so I don't know if that came from my Travelocity reservation or if something I typed in took and i'm not even sure how long it's been like that. I made our YC reservation with Travelocity and purchased the tickets on the same order.

I wish I could be more help and remember exactly what I did to get them to show up.
Did you do online check in? That is available at 60 days out right? Maybe once you confirm the room, the attached tickets show up?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #85
circus4u
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Disney grandma;49308154]
Quote:
Originally Posted by circus4u View Post
Have not had any problem with Travelocity - yet. Booked our room only reservation for Sep 4 through them and was able to do on-line check-in at 60 days and make any special room requests. Received my Magic Express luggage tags right on schedule and received my Magic Band yesterday. Have another room only reservation for November which was also booked through Travelocity. The reservation showed up automatically on MDE and received confirmation from Magic Express by e-mail two days after making the reservation.[/Q

We are booked through Travelocity for Sept as well. How do you check in on line, I can't seem to figure it out. I called Disney and was told I can't do anything until 10 days prior to arriving since I booked with Travelocity. I wanted to make a room request also. Thanks.
I didn't have any problems checking in at the 60 day mark, just did it through the web page. Don't know if it makes a difference, but this was a room only reservation and we were booked for Magic Express. Also, we have annual passes that were already linked on the website before we made the reservations, if that made any difference. Have another room only reservation made through Travelocity for November, so, we will see if I have problems checking in at the 60 day mark then.
circus4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #86
RedOne3781
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here's the screenshot that shows my Travelocity tickets on our reservation. I still don't know what made them show up.

I had this happen to me prior to the trip I took a few weeks ago. We did a split stay: 2 nights at Pop followed by 5 nights at CBR. We booked the Pop portion of the trip via Expedia, room only. And the CBR part was a room only booked via Disney. (We bought our park hoppers though a program at my mom's work).

We were a part of the Magic Band/FP+ testing at Pop, and a few weeks prior to the trip we were able to order our Magic Bands and select our Fast Passes.

After we linked the Pop reservation to our MDE account, we had the same mystery park hoppers appear on our account. (If I knew how to post pics here, I'd show a screen shot I saved) But once we got to our first park, we were told that our tickets had not been linked and that the park hoppers that showed up on our account were just a glitch in the system. Which was fine, because they just took our hard tickets and transferred them over to the Magic Bands.

It seems that there is some sort of weird glitch in the system that is making those random park hoppers show up on reservations made via a third party, whether the guests actually bought them or not. But they aren't really valid. So make sure you have all of your paperwork and confirmations with you when you check in, just to be safe.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #87
LoveHanutedMansion
Earning My Ears

Hummmm...

If you made fp+ selections before finding out the tickets on the site were some sort of glitch, when you linked your hard ticket to the band, were you able to go on and use your chosen fast passes? I'm wondering because I'm in the same boat as dineynme. My tickets showed up, i was able to customize magic bands, and choose fast passes. I called Disney and they advised me that somehow when I linked my hotel resevation to the MDE site the tickets I purchased must have gone along with hotel reservation and all should be fine with my fast pass+ reservations when I get to Disney.
LoveHanutedMansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #88
RedOne3781
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHanutedMansion View Post
If you made fp+ selections before finding out the tickets on the site were some sort of glitch, when you linked your hard ticket to the band, were you able to go on and use your chosen fast passes? I'm wondering because I'm in the same boat as dineynme. My tickets showed up, i was able to customize magic bands, and choose fast passes. I called Disney and they advised me that somehow when I linked my hotel resevation to the MDE site the tickets I purchased must have gone along with hotel reservation and all should be fine with my fast pass+ reservations when I get to Disney.
None of our FP+ were effected in any way by the glitch. In fact, even though we were only a part of the test for the two nights at Pop, we were able to use (and change around) the FP+ during the length of our stay at CBR as well. It seems like the FPs are linked to the bands themselves and not the park hoppers or room keys or any other media.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #89
jake20
Earning My Ears

as far as Room only.. i was able to easily link my travelocity reservation to my Disney reservation page..
jake20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #90
JaxTeach
DIS Veteran

I'm having difficulty linking my room reservation to MDE account. Our trip isn't until Veteran's Day weekend (November). What Travelocity # are you all entering for your Disney confirmation #? What I've entered hasn't worked so far.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: