Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #3736
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
WE are planning on going the evening we do animal kingdom since that closes early. We may also go on check in day as the kids will be tired from early flight and we have an early res at chef mickeys for dinner.
This works for us too

Also, as we arrive only in the afternoon at MCO and get to POFQ about 6 in the evening on arrival day, DTD makes a perfect evening for us for a nice dinner, a bit of shopping and getting us in the Disney mood and doesn't 'waste' a day's park pass.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #3737
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer81 View Post
Here now... Not having the most magical of times. I loooove love love this resort, this isn't our first stay. However, we have switched rooms four times already. Firstly, when we did online check In,, called disney, etc... We specifically said we did not want conjoining rooms. We check in... Had conjoining rooms. We had a dining reservation to get to not long after check in, so we decided to take care of it when we got back to the resort. We return, go to the front desk, had another room issued to us. Transfered alllll of our things to a room in building 1, in the boonies facing a parking lot. Which was ok I guess. Get into the room and saw a balled up wash cloth with hair in it shoved under the sink. (paid for garden view btw). Called front desk again, they said "we will have another room for you in the morning, we apologize, just call bellhop in the am and we will have your bags sent to your new room when you return from your park day." we say ok fine. Cool. So we go out to play at a park and just returned. We go to front desk, get our new room issued (third one guys!) We hobble over to building 3, ok cool! Get up to our room, and BAM!!!! Conjoining flippen room again. At this point I just want to cry. We havent been able to properly unpack since we got here. Sooo hubby marches down to the front desk and said... "Well.. We got another conjoining room, thats what started the room changes to begin with". So they moved up to building 5. Now we are siting waiting on our luggage, once again. . . Im pretty bummed. I normally don't complain over small stuff, but this vacation happens once in a while, its not cheap. And I just didn't want to be so close to someone to where I can fear them fart. I love this resort, but jeeeez louise.
When you found the dirty towel why didn't you just have them clean the room? Seems like it wild have been much simpler than moving over a dirty washcloth.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #3738
BlueGiraffe
DIS Veteran

Logged onto MDE via the website tonight and, yaaay, our tickets are now showing up!! And our DME reservation too. Wahooo.

They're not showing up on my phone app though.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #3739
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
Logged onto MDE via the website tonight and, yaaay, our tickets are now showing up!! And our DME reservation too. Wahooo.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #3740
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
On the day of the MVMCP, we are going to relax at the pool.
We plan on doing the same, lazy morning, late lunch at Raglan Road DTD at 2pm then MVMCP

Old 09-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #3741
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

Is it possible to request Mousekeeping to come at a certain time? Or a window of time maybe?

Last year when we stayed at POFQ (love it btw) we came back to the room to let our girls rest and even though we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door , Mousekeeping still called us to see when we would be leaving.
I just want to avoid this again if we can this year.
68 days,

TIA!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #3742
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer Gal View Post
Is it possible to request Mousekeeping to come at a certain time? Or a window of time maybe?

Last year when we stayed at POFQ (love it btw) we came back to the room to let our girls rest and even though we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door , Mousekeeping still called us to see when we would be leaving.
68 days,

TIA!
Generally, they are quite good at not coming in with the Do Not Disturb Sign on. Hopefully it was just a new/overly keen Mousekeeper you had last year. We do long stays (around 18 nights) and have spent the last three such stays at POFQ. We use our DND sign a LOT as we really don't need our room serviced daily. Whenever do that, we have come back to a bag of extra towels and toiletries hanging on the door so it appears they didn't attempt to knock/enter.

Only 'issue' we ever had was last year when we got back from a MNSSHP and our door was left open. I don't mean wide open - it had the catch in between the doorpost and the door to stop it closing so I guess it was when it had been cleaned that morning and left ajar and was just an oversight. The room was spotless and nothing of ours had been touched so we didnt report it and treated it as an oversight. That was one of the days when we did not use the sign as we did want the room serviced - and it was

Maybe you could ask at the front desk when you check in and see what they suggest?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:28 AM   #3743
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hi, Sue! I am also looking forward to returning to the FQ again; it has been a few years since my last stay. Nice it is being included in the discounts again, although it does tend to be the lower end of the percentage.

We have a very nice discount through a travel agency who hosts a gathering in early December every year - a "Reunion" for those who enjoyed MouseFest. The DIS hosts something around the same dates, I believe.

Happy planning!
Nice! Too bad we aren't going until Late January! Always nice to get a great discount! We did get a 20% AAA room discount, and have hopes that WDw will include FQ in with the usual moderate discount this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysdisney View Post
I am at Pop now & when I checked in they gave me a Magic band. I did not want to put my annual pass onto the band because after Pop, we are staying at New Orleans French Quarter & they are not offering the magic bands for testing at this resort until 9/30/2013. I will wait until they get all the problems worked out before I apply my annual pass to this.
We stayed 14 nights mid to end of August. Stayed at 3 resorts, pop first night where we got our magic bands. Next 2 nights were GF, who was not participating in the trial, but our bands still opened our room there. Following 12 nights at YC, who was in the trial, and again they worked seamlessly. We also have our APs on them.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 09-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #3744
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hear** not "fear".. Ha.

Sorry for the rant.

What would ya'll do? Just "get over it" or raise more cain? We've lost a few hours of precious vacay time just switching rooms. I'm not a nag, I promise.
Quote:
Thanks for the responses. My "neighbors" had little ones that, I'm guessing, thought that the door was a toy, secret passage way.. Who knows. Its just my husband and myself celebrating our first anniversary, (honeymooned here last year as well) so we just wanted a bit of relaxation.
Hope you're settled in and relaxed now! Too bad about the children next door playing around with the door. That can be annoying for sure. Lucky for us we haven't had problems with connecting rooms and never hear the neighbours. But if there's a loud inconsiderate family next door, you'll hear them with or without connecting doors.
Only once in all my trips did I encounter a rude family who let the kids scream and run wild up & down the outside walkways, continually slamming doors it was unbelievable. I was glad it was our last night when they moved in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
At the airport now!!! Will be checking into POFQ soon!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 09-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #3745
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer Gal View Post

68 days,

TIA!
sigh... we have always had a problem with mousekeeping. they dont' want to "do not disturb" you when you have the "do not disturb " sign out.!!! lol

sometimes they knock on the door to make SURE you don't want service. or want to know when you DO want service. or want you to "sign" if you don't want service.

back when we used to smoke.. (going on 3 years smoke free. YAY!!!!) hubby would make the mistake of going out for an early morning smoke and leaving the latch on. and ineviatably there would be a maid walking in on me while I'm not dressed and sleeping!!!

Last edited by smidgy; 10-26-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #3746
smidgy
dimples

but, actually, I think you can request during a certain time.. or, at least NOT during a certain time.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #3747
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Well will you look at that! 250 pages... about time I started a new thread!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #3748
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Well will you look at that! 250 pages... about time I started a new thread!

Andre
Yay! Looking forward to the new thread - thanks Andre for the great job you do with FQ and POR threads (and website)!

Old 09-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #3749
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Yay! Looking forward to the new thread - thanks Andre for the great job you do with FQ and POR threads (and website)!
And our new home is ready for inspection...

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread for 2013/2014: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178768

Please form an orderly line, and no shoving at the back please. (Sorry, FastPass+ won't be available until Monday).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #3750
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We checked in on October 20 and will be here until the 28. No bedspread here in building 3 or in our friends room in building 6. We asked mouse keeping for a couple of blankets and they have us two very soft blankets.

Just wanted to mention that there was some surveyors surveying in front of the arcade this past Monday or Tuesday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: