Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #301
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
BTMR isn't on any refurb schedules so I'm a little confused by your questions. The mine train is going in the Fantasy land expansion. That area was closed off for the last three years.
BTMR is showing up as closed for refurb on just Nov 5 for me. I'm a bit confused now myself. Hm.

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #302
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
BTMR is showing up as closed for refurb on just Nov 5 for me. I'm a bit confused now myself. Hm.
Weird, maybe post a thread asking if anyone knows anything about a refurb for that ride.
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #303
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Weird, maybe post a thread asking if anyone knows anything about a refurb for that ride.
Will give it a try, thanks!

BwoZoo22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #304
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

I'm on the fence about Photopass! I want it one minute then the next I cant justify spending the $150 If I do get it I will be thinking about all the things I could have done with that money and if I don't get it I will be thinking about all those great pictures I need to be swayed one way or the other. I ask my husband and of course he says do whatever you want. He's getting sick of hearing about Disney everyday

Holly Quinlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #305
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Will give it a try, thanks!
Hope you get an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Quinlan View Post
I'm on the fence about Photopass! I want it one minute then the next I cant justify spending the $150 If I do get it I will be thinking about all the things I could have done with that money and if I don't get it I will be thinking about all those great pictures I need to be swayed one way or the other. I ask my husband and of course he says do whatever you want. He's getting sick of hearing about Disney everyday
I can't decide either. I wasn't thrilled with our photopass photos last time and I really hate waiting in lines to get pictures taken anyway. I really only want pictures of the kids so I can take them myself. I've gained weight since our last trip and since I seem to gain it all in my chin I have no desire to see me in pictures. I would get the attractions + card though for 50 bucks, because I do like ride photos.

I guess I'm no help at all.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #306
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
IF you have your own camera, skip it. My last trip I had a new point and shoot- it was easy for me to take in the parks. I took great pics with it and never had a problem getting someone to snap a picture of us using my camera. I still had the photo pass- but when I got home- I liked my pics so much more.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #307
samacita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Do it!! You'll love having those priceless photos. Plus, a November trip is perfect for getting a great holiday card photo with everyone in it.
samacita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #308
Holly Quinlan
This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Ya. Still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samacita View Post
Do it!! You'll love having those priceless photos. Plus, a November trip is perfect for getting a great holiday card photo with everyone in it.
we check out on the 5th of November so sadly no Christmas decorations but I just ordered Photopass +!! my grandparents will be spending 2 days in the parks with us and who knows if we will ever get to do that again so I think that alone justified it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterkmd View Post
IF you have your own camera, skip it. My last trip I had a new point and shoot- it was easy for me to take in the parks. I took great pics with it and never had a problem getting someone to snap a picture of us using my camera. I still had the photo pass- but when I got home- I liked my pics so much more.
unfortunately I don't have my own camera yet, saving for a good one!

Quote:

I can't decide either. I wasn't thrilled with our photopass photos last time and I really hate waiting in lines to get pictures taken anyway. I really only want pictures of the kids so I can take them myself. I've gained weight since our last trip and since I seem to gain it all in my chin I have no desire to see me in pictures. I would get the attractions + card though for 50 bucks, because I do like ride photos.

I guess I'm no help at all.
I HATE getting my picture taken because my eyes always look closed and it looks like I have a double chin (I probably do and I'm in denial)

Holly Quinlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #309
donnamk123
Mouseketeer

There are reservations available for the Tomorrowland Terrace Firework Dessert Party available for Thanksgiving night right now if anyone is looking for a reservation there.
donnamk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #310
wayneJR
Earning My Ears

hellllllp

Hi
Im confused my disney experience says im getting magic bands...... its also given me fastpass+ have I missed something thought it was only until end of October xxx megga excited hope its not a blip
Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #311
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneJR View Post
Hi Im confused my disney experience says im getting magic bands...... its also given me fastpass+ have I missed something thought it was only until end of October xxx megga excited hope its not a blip
Not a blip!!! Plan away and have fun doing it! Lol!!! A lot of november planners are getting the same message

Jrabbit910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:53 AM   #312
FigmentChick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I found ADR's for breakfast at 'Ohana on the two days that we will be at MK and I asked my hubby about which day and time we should go. We quickly decided and I went to book the best day/time. The website crashed and by the time I got it up again the day was gone. No big deal, I would take the other day even though it would be harder since we won't have a car that day. Figured we would take the later time (9:15) and miss rope drop that day. Hit the button to get the slot and it disappeared, so I got stuck with the early slot (I wanted the early slot on the other day when we would still have the car from the day before when we go to IOA). Now I have to figure out how to get 7 people from OKW to the Poly by 7:30am without a car. It would kill me to waste money on a cab when we would have had a car if I had gotten the first date (I'm assuming we would actually need two since we are seven people).

Edited to add: Ugh, the 9:15 showed up again, but when I went to grab it I got a server busy message and after reloading a bunch of times it was gone again.
I know it might be a pain, but have you called Disney dining? If you explain you see it on the website, but then it crashes, they may be able to do something you can't. It wouldn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneJR View Post
Hi
Im confused my disney experience says im getting magic bands...... its also given me fastpass+ have I missed something thought it was only until end of October xxx megga excited hope its not a blip
As Jrabbit said: no blip. A lot of us (if not all) are being able to pick of MB and make FP+ selections. I am still holding out hope that I will be able to get Wishes on one of our nights.

Mar 2006 & Oct 2007 - off-site
Oct 2009 & Oct 2011 - POR, Oct 2013 - OKW
FigmentChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #313
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm on the fence too and it's funny that I just started really debating this yesterday before I saw your post. It's a lot more money than when we went just 2 years ago. I probably will wind up getting it though because I never remember to get pictures; we will be somewhere and forget to take the camera out. At least I'll get a holiday card photo out of it.

And I'll have way more than my double chin in the pictures; I'll also have a big fat belly. Ugh

Last edited by Coconuts; 09-28-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #314
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing

Quote:
I HATE getting my picture taken because my eyes always look closed and it looks like I have a double chin (I probably do and I'm in denial)
Yep, I take the same exact same photo, although I'm not in denial - sadly the evidence is too convincing
Old 09-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #315
cadale
Mouseketeer

I have been trying to keep up with everything with MDE but I have two questions:

1. We are doing a split with 4 people the first time and 5 people the second time - if I understand correctly we will get two sets of bands, correct?

2. One of the group does not have a ticket yet and wasn't planning on buying till we get there - does she need the ticket before she can make fastpass+ selections?

Sorry one more,

3. The website has the people assigned to wrong rooms and has dropped my son from one of the rooms. I have called the tech people and they are supposedly working on it. Will this effect picking the magic bands?

Thanks for the help.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
cadale is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: