Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Disney Store Costumes

We leave for out trip in 49 days and I have been waiting for Halloween to buy my daughters princess dresses cause I know they ALWAYS go on sale! Getting a little antsy because it's almost October and they haven't went on sale yet, I went to my local store yesterday and asked about them going on sale. I was told that they aren't!!!! The lady I spoke with said the accessories were on sale but that they are almost certain that costumes will not. What in the world?! It kind of confuses me because there are certain costumes on sale online but of course not the one I need (Rapunzel). Any input???
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Gracefulskinny
DIS Veteran
 
Gracefulskinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 680

I saw an ad the other day that Party city has different levels of costumes.

They had the "Deluxe" version which was the typical $60 but they also had another one that was only $20

Not sure what makes them so different quality might be down right bad, but definitely worth a look at.

good luck!
Gracefulskinny is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
brettcw23
DDC #722
Always remember...bad decisions often lead to great stories!
Yeah, I'm crafty like that
 
brettcw23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracefulskinny View Post
I saw an ad the other day that Party city has different levels of costumes.

They had the "Deluxe" version which was the typical $60 but they also had another one that was only $20

Not sure what makes them so different quality might be down right bad, but definitely worth a look at.

good luck!
There is definitely a difference in the quality.
One thing you can do though is look for online Disney coupons and get a Disney Chase Visa card. We get coupons constantly for the Disney store. So even though the costumes are not on sale, we were able to get them alot cheaper b\c of the coupon codes. Just something to consider.
__________________
Brett
Me(39) DW(40) DD10 DD6
DVC Member March 2011
DIS Dad #722
WDW Commando Member #222
Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

1982 offsite, 2007 offsite, 2010 All Star Movies
2011 All Star Sports, 2012 AKL-Kidani Village (March)
2012 BLT (November), 2013 BWV
brettcw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Vailbaby
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Erie, Colorado
Posts: 20

toys R us had role play dresses 10$ off. I scored many dresses for less than 15$. Quality is "whatever"...but I'm not looking for them to be worn that many times..
Vailbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
disneymom443
Mouseketeer
 
disneymom443's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 309

I work at the Disney Outlet and the role play costumes going on sale changes every year. Right now we have Rapunzel wedding, Jasmine, red Minnie, Merida and Pochantas. ( sorry can't spell) they are 25% off right now, we also have the accessories 25% off.

Sorry your CM was not very nice to you.

I hope you can find what your looking for, maybe Rapunzel wedding will work?
if not just keep checking the store or at Disneystore.com
disneymom443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #6
mrssam
Mouseketeer
 
mrssam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 88

They were in sale on the website for 25% off yesterday.
__________________

WDW
October 1986
July 1990
April 1998
January 2002
October 2013 *CANNOT WAIT*
It has been TOO LONG!!!!

Proud Stay at Home Mommy to 2 Awesome Kids!
mrssam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer
 
Flynnismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 157

They were also 25% off at the local disney store yesterday. Website has 25% off and free shipping
__________________

Flynnismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #8
NicoleLarson
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 616

Do you have a kohls card? You can use coupon code savings30 and get 30% off. The too have different tiers of quality but the expensive ones look really nice and get good reviews
NicoleLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
Flynnismine
Mouseketeer
 
Flynnismine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 157

Don't forget to check ebay, they also have ALOT of really nice w and w/o tag princess dresses that either came from the disney store or the parks themselves. That's where I'm getting DD's Aurora dress because I'm no fan of the NEW Aurora dress at the Disney store......it's a total glitter nightmare. Just a thought :-)
__________________

Flynnismine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #10
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcw23 View Post
There is definitely a difference in the quality. One thing you can do though is look for online Disney coupons and get a Disney Chase Visa card. We get coupons constantly for the Disney store. So even though the costumes are not on sale, we were able to get them alot cheaper b\c of the coupon codes. Just something to consider.
Thanks. I've already purchased a Merida dress with a coupon but I was purposely waiting for the Halloween dresses to go on sale to get the Rapunzel one cause I figured it would be cheaper. Hopefully they'll send out another coupon between now and November!
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom443 View Post
I work at the Disney Outlet and the role play costumes going on sale changes every year. Right now we have Rapunzel wedding, Jasmine, red Minnie, Merida and Pochantas. ( sorry can't spell) they are 25% off right now, we also have the accessories 25% off. Sorry your CM was not very nice to you. I hope you can find what your looking for, maybe Rapunzel wedding will work? if not just keep checking the store or at Disneystore.com
Thanks so much. She wasn't mean just point blank. lol
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssam View Post
They were in sale on the website for 25% off yesterday.
Only select costumes were 25% off and of course the ONE that I want wasn't part of the select. Go figure! lol
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post
They were also 25% off at the local disney store yesterday. Website has 25% off and free shipping
Only select costumes not all of them.
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer
 
Mom22girls56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stedman, NC
Posts: 403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnismine View Post
Don't forget to check ebay, they also have ALOT of really nice w and w/o tag princess dresses that either came from the disney store or the parks themselves. That's where I'm getting DD's Aurora dress because I'm no fan of the NEW Aurora dress at the Disney store......it's a total glitter nightmare. Just a thought :-)
I have been watching EBay like crazy! lol
__________________
Craig Stephanie

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
Trip planner
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 82

Googled coupon code

This past Sunday I googled a coupon code for the disney store and got 15 percent off of the costumes I bought for my boys. I was able to stack that on top of the 25 percent off accessories too. The quality of the disney store costumes is way better than anything I have purchased at party city and costume express.
Trip planner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.