Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I didn't see this suggestion yet but try heating up the wet food (assuming it is wet food) as it makes the food's aromas come out. Pets tend to loose the strong sense of smell as they age.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #17
RitaE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillotta1 View Post
About how much as far as cups of food do you do? Do you feed how many times a day? I probably had 2 cups all mixed together. Should I feed again tonight? Thanks so much for your post. I will be picking up some veggies,brown rice and fruit this weekend and would like to do a week also.
Laurie
I feed my dog twice a day but a lot depends on how the dog has been fed. If he can't/won't eat much in one meal then several smaller meals might be better. Watch for diarrhea though and make sure the dog stays well hydrated.

Also in terms of the Vet, even if you do not plan to treat for any serious illness, pain relief is not very expensive and can make a big difference in quality of life. Remember that many dogs do not give a sign of being in pain until the pain is really bad.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #18
jakoky
DIS Veteran

My dogs are both about 3, one is about 44 lbs and the other is about 63. I feed them 1-1/4 cups at dinner. I do about 40% meat and 30% each of grain and vegetables. My smaller dog is much more active than my larger dog, there weight is staying the same so think I am feeding them a good amount. With your older dog, it maybe even sore teeth or something, so hard at that age.
DEC 04-WDW-9 nights at the POP ...first disney experience for dh and all my kids...i had been to DL 8 or 9 times by the time i was 13 and finally after a long wait,at 35, i got my next disney experience...it was sooooo worth it
MAY 06-DL-10 nights at the CCI
SEPT 07-DL-10 nights at the HOJO
MAY 09-DL-10 nights at the HOJO
MAY 12-DL-10 nights at the HOJO

Next trip to DL....FEB 2015!!!
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #19
lauradis
DIS Veteran

Mixing plain yogurt with dog food helps. I soaked hard food and put it in blender added hamburger and rice that worked too.

poor baby hope she feels better.
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #20
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

If she hasn't been eating well lately I wouldn't let her eat a big meal all at once just for fear it might be too much suddenly and it wouldn't stay down.

But really, take the dog to the vet. For the last 2 years my one cat was alive, I hemmed and hawed about taking her because she fought so hard when we tried to get her in a carrier (literally have the scars to prove it). Everyone I talked to, even our old vet said "If a cat is eating, drinking, jumping and can go to the litter box, they're probably fine." She did all that, and very slowly got to the point where she didn't. Turns out when it was time to let her go she'd had crazy bad intestinal cancer. The vet said it was fine and that there wouldn't have been much they could have done anyway but I've always felt bad thinking maybe if they could have caught it or something...but anyway...I don't say this all to guilt you into anything. I'd just be more comfortable knowing at least the dog was evaluated and maybe it stays a little problem rather than turning into a big one.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #21
LovinPooh
DIS Veteran

My 10yr old girl decided recently to not like dry kibble. So i got her the soft moist packs. I mix those with a can of wet and she gobbles it right up. She just wont touch the kibble. I let her be picky... shes my pal
Good luck op! I hope the appetite picks up!
LovinPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

I would also take her to visit - for example, a painful tooth (whether from an infection or other dental problem) can cause eating to be painful for a dog, but can be treated.

As for food, after our dog was spayed (she is a middle aged dog - exact age unknown as she was a stray rescued by a wonderful organization), she refused to eat for a few days. We baked her chicken, cut up the pieces put it over rice and then drizzled warm chicken broth (from a can) over it - she ate that right up!!! Just warming up chicken broth and drizzling that over the top can make e food more appetizing!

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
mrsclark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: