Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #16
Evelyne
Mouseketeer
 
Evelyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ottawa area in Quebec Canada
Posts: 349

Checked inn this morning, customized MB, were in deed waiting for us, isn,t that cool or what. With on ligne check inn our room was ready when we arrive at 7:30this morning. Web unpacked the car and got to Epcot for 9:05. Fp worked very good with the MB. Only advice, even if you linked a PIN to your MB ask to verify it at check inn, mine was not working so when I try to pay for our QSC meal I had to use my KTTW. When I got back at the resort I did a new Pin.
__________________
Québec's #1 fan
Evelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
scrappinginontario
DIS Veteran
 
scrappinginontario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,369

We were part of August test group at Pop. We had a 2 night room only reservation first and then a 2nd reservation package with free dining.

I was able to choose 2 different bands for each of us.

Unfortunately they were not there when we checked in for our 'room only' so we just used gray ones for the first 2 days. 2 boxes of coloured bands were ready when we switched over to our package.

Just ordered new bands for our November quick trip. Happy to have the opportunity to choose new colours!
__________________
Mommy DD5





Amazing Trips with DD: Feb 2014 (7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Fantasy), November 2013 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2013 (11 Mommy and DD days. Perfect!!), Nov 2012 (2 days AoA LM with grandparents and DN), Aug 2012 (10 awesome days with just the 2 of us!), Nov 2011 (2 days with grandparents), Aug 2011 (8 days with DN and Nana), Apr 2010 (3 days), Nov 2010 (2 days with grandparents)
scrappinginontario is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
thr33boys
Mouseketeer
 
thr33boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 398

I remember reading a bit ago about having to input the resort's address in the ship to for the bands...is that necessary?

Thanks!
thr33boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #19
bdoyledimou
Pop Road Warrior -Travelling they way they did in the 60's
 
bdoyledimou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Posts: 2,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33boys View Post
I remember reading a bit ago about having to input the resort's address in the ship to for the bands...is that necessary?

Thanks!
NO it is not necessary.
__________________
Road Warrior! Driving Toronto to WDW *9* times since 2004!!!
12th Trip completed Aug 2012 @ AOA Finding Nemo!
13th Trip POP Century and AOA August 2013 - 70's and Cars!
14th Trip with our Foster Kids!
bdoyledimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #20
lifeguardette
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 118

Oppps, I wrote my address in that box.... They will be waiting for us at the resort right?? (worried)
lifeguardette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:16 AM   #21
mulan1123
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguardette View Post
Oppps, I wrote my address in that box.... They will be waiting for us at the resort right?? (worried)
If I'm not mistaken, they should waiting at the resort. I think I read somewhere that they don't ship the MB to Canada anyway......
mulan1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
Camshell
Mouseketeer
 
Camshell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 206

We are going in 2 days. We just received an email from Disney the other day saying our bands would be at the resort. We used our home address (not the resort address).
__________________
Camshell
DVC Member - Home Resort GrandCal

'78 DL, '89 DL, '96 Tokyo DL, '01 DL, '05 DL, '09 DL, '11 WDW, '12 Aulani, '12 DL, '13 WDW, '15 Aulani

Camshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #23
KeroKero
DIS Veteran
 
KeroKero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulan1123 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, they should waiting at the resort. I think I read somewhere that they don't ship the MB to Canada anyway......
Apparently its a problem for the RFID to go through security. I don't personally see the problem, if they can go through the mail within the USA I don't see why they couldn't go through border security from the US to Canada. I don't think the mail goes through airports
__________________
Aug 1984 - Off Property Aug 1988 - Off Property June 1990 - Off Property Aug 1992 - Port Orleans July 1994 - All Star Sports Sept 1997 - All Star Sports July 1999 - Caribbean Beach (Family Reunion) Dec 2000 - All Star Music (Christmas) May 2002 - Port Orleans Feb 2009 - Pop Century Sept 2011 - Pop Century w/QSDP Sept 2012 - All Star Movies w/DP (Mother Daughter Trip) Jan 2013 - All Star Movies w/QSDP (Mother Daughter Trip 2) Oct 2013 Pop Century w/DP (F&W & MNSSHP) Nov 2014 - All Star Sports w/DP (F&W, MNSSHP & MVMCP)
KeroKero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyne View Post
Checked inn this morning, customized MB, were in deed waiting for us, isn,t that cool or what. With on ligne check inn our room was ready when we arrive at 7:30this morning. Web unpacked the car and got to Epcot for 9:05. Fp worked very good with the MB. Only advice, even if you linked a PIN to your MB ask to verify it at check inn, mine was not working so when I try to pay for our QSC meal I had to use my KTTW. When I got back at the resort I did a new Pin.
Were your MB's in the cool looking box that we see all our American Disney fanatics get? Or are they just loose?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
DLR summer 1976, summer 1986, summer 1992, fall 2007, summer 2014
WDW fall 2010, fall 2013





jedijuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #25
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
Were your MB's in the cool looking box that we see all our American Disney fanatics get? Or are they just loose?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Canadians get "The Incredibles" box too.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #26
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran
 
KNovacovschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
Were your MB's in the cool looking box that we see all our American Disney fanatics get? Or are they just loose? Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I was wondering this as well. I'm glad that we do.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:10 AM   #27
disneymath
DIS Veteran
 
disneymath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,394

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but for my fellow Canadians who have tested MBs, do you recall if your MDE ever changed from personalize MBs and the "could ship at any time" message?

I personalized ours weeks ago, but status has not changed and today I got a reminder email to customize. (This was not the invite email, got that a while ago.)
__________________
Offsite - 1986, 1991, CBR Aug 1989, ASMo Aug 2003, WL Aug 2006, ASMu (FS) Dec 2007, AKL Aug 2008, CSR Aug 2009, BLT Aug 2010 DVC BLT since September 2010
DCL & ABD Alaskan Wonders Aug 2011, BLT (1st Trip Home) Dec 2011/Jan 2012, OKW Aug 2012, BLT (first MNSSHP) Oct 2013'


disneymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:27 AM   #28
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but for my fellow Canadians who have tested MBs, do you recall if your MDE ever changed from personalize MBs and the "could ship at any time" message?

I personalized ours weeks ago, but status has not changed and today I got a reminder email to customize. (This was not the invite email, got that a while ago.)
I had the very same problem when I tested last month. Our status never changed on our mb's until a few days before our trip. We had customized them about a month before.

Same problem this trip. We are heading to AofA in less then two weeks. I customized our new bands three to four weeks ago. No change in our status yet though.

The good news is that our bands were waiting for us when we arrived at Pop last month and I feel certain that our bands will be waiting for us at AofA in a few weeks.

I bet you'll get your bands too when you arrive, regardless of your status.

BTW....are you checking your status on the MDE app or the regular website?
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #29
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran
 
KNovacovschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I had the very same problem when I tested last month. Our status never changed on our mb's until a few days before our trip. We had customized them about a month before. Same problem this trip. We are heading to AofA in less then two weeks. I customized our new bands three to four weeks ago. No change in our status yet though. The good news is that our bands were waiting for us when we arrived at Pop last month and I feel certain that our bands will be waiting for us at AofA in a few weeks. I bet you'll get your bands too when you arrive, regardless of your status. BTW....are you checking your status on the MDE app or the regular website?
When they are waiting at the resort they are customized right?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________


DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #30
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,639

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
When they are waiting at the resort they are customized right?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes, they were all customized with chosen colors and correct names inside the bands.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.