Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
low-key
DIS Veteran
 
low-key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,718

Stinky people at work

do you tell them ?

no, I just make fun of them behind there back
__________________
low-key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran
 
tennvalgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,063

The ones who are doused in cologne/perfume I will make fun of.
The ones who just reek, I feel bad for them
__________________
tennvalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #3
Kim&Chris
dreaming of relaxing & soaking up the warm sun at Serenity Bay....
 
Kim&Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 6,565

I used to work with someone who had body odor so intense that it made me nauseous. The kind of BO that would linger long after she left an office or cubicle. As Jerry and Elaine used to say, "it was BBO".

I never said anything to her, nor did anyone else (to the best of my knowledge). Not even Human Resources.

Just thinking about it is turning my stomach, blech!!
Kim&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
low-key
DIS Veteran
 
low-key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim&Chris View Post
The kind of BO that would linger long after she left an office or cubicle. A!

__________________
low-key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 11,558

Fortunately I worked in a fragrance free workplace, so the overwhelming, choking stench of too much cheap perfume wasn't an issue.

I did work with one person who seemed to have a personal hygiene issue. I didn't speak to her directly, since I had to work with her every day. But I did have a private word with my immediate supervisor who in turn spoke to her discretely and privately. The problem was resolved.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
klmall
DIS Veteran
 
klmall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 137,153

Never encountered truly bad body odor at work but I had to supervise a young worker who insisted that he had to wear so much heavy cologne because his car leaked oil or something and stunk up his car and clothes His cologne aggravated two people with asthma.

Even after speaking with him privately several times he did not stop. We had to involve Human Resources to speak with him.

Wish I worked in a fragrance-free situation; stepping into elevators after someone has overdosed on perfume drives me nuts!
__________________
Check out my Disney pics here!




~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by klmall; 09-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #7
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 7,146

I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself??
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran
 
tennvalgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself??
I really think that some people just can't.
__________________
tennvalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
low-key
DIS Veteran
 
low-key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
I could never tell them....

But when your body odor is that bad, can't you smell it off yourself??
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennvalgirl View Post
I really think that some people just can't.

its one of the great mysteries of the world
__________________
low-key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.
 
Pakey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Central California
Posts: 20,097

One of my favorite management memories is when an employee came to me to complain that the woman she shared an office with was constantly farting.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #11
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran
 
tennvalgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
One of my favorite management memories is when an employee came to me to complain that the woman she shared an office with was constantly farting.
Lol. I hope in that situation I could be professional but *SNORT* that's funny stuff
__________________
tennvalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #12
Annadesu
Splash Mountain Addict
 
Annadesu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: La La Land
Posts: 522

I work with a few gentlemen who should consider bathing more. People have mentioned it, but they always have an excuse ready.
__________________
~Anna Banana
Annadesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #13
ilovepcot
Caused the first ever Tag Fairy thread edit for being naughty
Should be publicly Dole Whipped
Makes a scrumptious pot roast
Don't stick it out if you don't want to lose it
 
ilovepcot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,609

A close friend of mine worked with a woman in an office setting who had such horrible body odor that the entire department (roughly a dozen people) went to HR and insisted they do something about it. HR attempted to "handle" the situation. The woman refused to try and remedy the problem and hired an attorney to represent her against her employer. She used the reasons that she could find no deodorant that didn't irritate her skin to the point of having to seek medical attention. She also claimed all hypo-allergenic soaps also caused irritation and that she was unable to bathe on a regular basis. The other office workers were aware that she refused to wash her hands after trips to the bathroom, yet she returned to the office and handled machinery that was shared by all. She had been given gift baskets at holiday time from co-workers that included soaps, lotions, powder, body splash...all types of products to make one smell nice. She also claimed this had insulted and embarrassed her and used this in her law suit. She won!
ilovepcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #14
low-key
DIS Veteran
 
low-key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepcot View Post
A close friend of mine worked with a woman in an office setting who had such horrible body odor that the entire department (roughly a dozen people) went to HR and insisted they do something about it. HR attempted to "handle" the situation. The woman refused to try and remedy the problem and hired an attorney to represent her against her employer. She used the reasons that she could find no deodorant that didn't irritate her skin to the point of having to seek medical attention. She also claimed all hypo-allergenic soaps also caused irritation and that she was unable to bathe on a regular basis. The other office workers were aware that she refused to wash her hands after trips to the bathroom, yet she returned to the office and handled machinery that was shared by all. She had been given gift baskets at holiday time from co-workers that included soaps, lotions, powder, body splash...all types of products to make one smell nice. She also claimed this had insulted and embarrassed her and used this in her law suit. She won!
ahhhh a victory for the stanky people
__________________
low-key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 AM   #15
disykat
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Washington State
Posts: 17,324

I recently started a new job and there are several stinky people there - the choosing to be stinky with perfume overload kind of stinky. I'm able to avoid them for the most, but if I had to be with them I'd have to say something.

Odors at work are tough. I have a good friend who just had a medical procedure done and, because of it, has a definite odor. The doctor told her it might last a few weeks!
__________________
DL - 1966,1974,2007 WDW 1987,
WDW/BRB 12/90 Honeymoon, DW/DCL 07/01 family 10th Ann, WDW 12/10 family 20th anniversary
disykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: