Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #2311
savannie
Mouseketeer
 
savannie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Near Birmingham, AL
Posts: 118

Oh, one other note: the poolside restaurant wasn't too crazy on appetizer prices, but when we got our check we saw that they charged $3.75 for our drinks! We ordered a Dr. Pepper, sweet tea, and a child's sweet tea. All were $3.75. That's absolutely insane to me, so I thought I'd give some warning here. The food and service were pretty good, though.
__________________
{Michael} {Savannah} {3 Dogs} {2 Cats}

Our Disney budget blog: Money Saving Mouse/

We have tons of tips and tricks for saving money at the most magical place on earth!
savannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #2312
Kemorr
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 130

Groceries and Stroller to room

Will bell services deliver groceries and strollers to the room? We plan on checking in at 4, but then plan on going straight to DTD for dinner. When we get back, I just want to get the kids in bed. Can I call down to bell services after everyone is settled to have our groceries and stroller delivered, or will they expect me to pick them up or try to deliver them once we've checked in? If they deliver when we're not there, will they put stuff in the fridge?
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #2313
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer
 
MommaBerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 175

End of stay "tasks"

Can someone tell me what sort of things you have to do in your condo prior to check out? Do you have to take sheets off, sweep, clean dishes, etc.? I'm trying to plan how much time we'll need when its time to pack up. Some places require more effort than others. Thanks!
__________________
~~Robin~~
Wife to a wonderful husband
Homeschool Mom of 4 boys
(16) (10) (8) (6)

Last edited by MommaBerd; 09-25-2013 at 03:14 PM.
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #2314
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo
 
DCTooTall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: York, PA
Posts: 5,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBerd View Post
Can someone tell me what sort of things you have to do in your condo prior to check out? Do you have to take sheets off, sweep, clean dishes, etc.? I'm trying to plan how much time we'll need when its time to pack up. Some places require more effort than others. Thanks!
Honestly.... they don't really require anything anymore. I remember my first stay in 2008 there was a list that included taking the trash to the chute, running towels in the laundry, running the dishes, and stripping the beds. Ever since then however the list of checkout tasks hasn't been included. Personally, I still often do those things if I can since it's so easy and can help turn the room over quicker for the next guest.... but it's not a posted requirement.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #2315
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
Honestly.... they don't really require anything anymore. I remember my first stay in 2008 there was a list that included taking the trash to the chute, running towels in the laundry, running the dishes, and stripping the beds. Ever since then however the list of checkout tasks hasn't been included. Personally, I still often do those things if I can since it's so easy and can help turn the room over quicker for the next guest.... but it's not a posted requirement.
Yes, nothing is required but we will take out our trash, turn on the dishwasher and pile all the towels together near the door. I do it because I think I would appreciate it if I were a housekeeper.
__________________
dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #2316
MommaBerd
Mouseketeer
 
MommaBerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 175

Thanks for the info. I have stayed in some places that have required a LOT of clean up - to the point where I wondered what exactly the cleaning crew did!
__________________
~~Robin~~
Wife to a wonderful husband
Homeschool Mom of 4 boys
(16) (10) (8) (6)
MommaBerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #2317
Chelley00
DIS Veteran
 
Chelley00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemorr View Post
Will bell services deliver groceries and strollers to the room? We plan on checking in at 4, but then plan on going straight to DTD for dinner. When we get back, I just want to get the kids in bed. Can I call down to bell services after everyone is settled to have our groceries and stroller delivered, or will they expect me to pick them up or try to deliver them once we've checked in? If they deliver when we're not there, will they put stuff in the fridge?

They delivered our stuff for us. We had gone down to check and it hadn't arrived yet so they brought it when it did get there.

They will store stuff in a fridge in bell services if it gets it there before you do. They won't deliver it if you aren't there.
__________________
Chelley00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #2318
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin Disney style View Post
Yes, nothing is required but we will take out our trash, turn on the dishwasher and pile all the towels together near the door. I do it because I think I would appreciate it if I were a housekeeper.
I agree! I was just there Sept 14th-22nd. I stripped the bed and piled the sheets with the towels on the foot of the bed, made sure all the dishes were put up, swept, and took the trash down to the chute.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #2319
DisneyToddlers
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 403

When we were there last month, we called to ask what we should do before we leave. They said just to strip the beds and put all the linens and towels in the Jacuzzi tub, and to take the trash to the chute. We also ran the dishwasher and cleaned up the kitchen.

I'd much rather be at WBC now rather than having to deal with all I have to do at my own home, LOL!
__________________
First trip to WDW Sept. 15th-25th 2008 (Poly)
:Second Trip to WDW Sept. 22nd-Oct. 3rd 2009 (CBR)

DisneyToddlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #2320
sb682
DIS Veteran
 
sb682's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: FL native, NC transplant
Posts: 527

We just got back from an 8 night stay and loved it! I never want to stay anywhere else again when we visit Disney! We booked through VS and got a great rate on a 2 bedroom deluxe.

We arrived on property around 2 and killed some time at Downtown Disney before check-in. We had to wait about 30 minutes for our room to be ready. I requested an Epcot view on a high floor, and we got Tower 4, 11th floor, facing the parking lot. We were so happy! We could see Epcot, the Contemporary and DtD from our balcony. We watched Illuminations and Wishes from our room several nights. HalloWishes was amazing, even from that distance!

The room was nice and big and the beds were very comfortable. The only problems were our Jacuzzi jets didn't work, and the blender's motor had burned out. I found out while I was making my breakfast smoothie, but we had a new blender delivered to the room by that afternoon. Make sure to check that the appliances work before you really need them. If you plan to do any baking, bring your own pans and measuring cups. I had to guess how much mix I was using when making pancakes, and I couldn't bake my bacon in the oven like I usually do. The measuring spoons are a weird style and very flat, so it was tricky to get an accurate measurement.

We used the Tower 5 fort pool most days. DS4 loved the zero-entry pool and lazy river, but he was too small for the tubes. We bought a kid-sized one at Walgreens, but they also sell them for pretty reasonable prices ($2.99) in the market in Puerto de Leon. It was never too crowded when we went, although I recommend going in the morning or early afternoon if you want to avoid rambunctious teenagers. The pirate pool at Tower 6 was also nice, but we didn't enjoy it as much. DH went down the water slide and said it was fun but VERY fast.

Parking was never a hassle, though I know September is a slower time of year. We always parked right in front of the building or on the first floor of the garage. Publix (with attached liquor store) was a quick drive down I-4 and 192, as was Krispy Kreme and Chick-fil-A. We could not believe how short the drive back from Epcot is. My husband was looking at something on his phone as we left the parking lot, and when he looked up, he was completely surprised to see we were parked at the resort. HS is also a 5-minute drive away, as is Art of Animation. We got takeout from Landscape of Flavors one night and went to "Cars Land for poor people", as Josh from EasyWDW calls it. MK is also a short drive.

Our only gripe was that we hadn't been informed that the Bonnet Creek 5K was going on Saturday morning, right when everyone was trying to get to rope drop. We waited for 20 minutes to leave the resort. I hope they figure out an alternate route for any other runs they might do in the future.
sb682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #2321
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 77

We have been at BCR since Sept 21 and leave on the 29th. Things have been ok as we spend only nights and mornings in our room. We are in tower 2 on 3rd floor. We waited until 4pm to check in and were told only 1 room was ready and we could take it or wait indefinitely. With 2 four year olds, we took the room. Ifind it odd that at 4pm people were waiting for rooms.
There was a party of 3 families who had reservations but didn't get their booked room types. They had 3 suites booked, a 1 bdrm, 2 bdrm and 3 bdrm. They were given one 4 bdrm for night one, and 2 2 bdrm for night 2 and promised their booked rooms for night 3. I'd be pissed.
Our 2bdrm is nice for the price. Our jacuzzi doesn't work, we had NO hot water one night and there were HUGE brown bugs of some sort that I've never seen before. They seriously scare the hell out of me and come out at night. They are as big as my thumb literally.
The pools are unheated but main pools are warmer than others. Tower 2&3 pools are freezing!
I was called early in the morning 3 times re timeshare pitch. I finally unplugged the phone. It only bothered me when we had gone to the Halloween party and returned at 1am. Our 4 year olds were exhausted and we wanted them to sleep in. At 8:15am, the phone woke them.
We had to get a parking pass day 4 and were pitched again.
We reserved through VS for 8 days and they used 2 owners points for 4 days each. The resort had us recheck in on day 4, renew key cards and get new parking pass.
Overall, it is very close to parks. Lots to do. Great price and minor issues.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #2322
ADVentive
Earning My Ears
 
ADVentive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
We have been at BCR since Sept 21 and leave on the 29th. Things have been ok as we spend only nights and mornings in our room. We are in tower 2 on 3rd floor. We waited until 4pm to check in and were told only 1 room was ready and we could take it or wait indefinitely. With 2 four year olds, we took the room. Ifind it odd that at 4pm people were waiting for rooms. There was a party of 3 families who had reservations but didn't get their booked room types. They had 3 suites booked, a 1 bdrm, 2 bdrm and 3 bdrm. They were given one 4 bdrm for night one, and 2 2 bdrm for night 2 and promised their booked rooms for night 3. I'd be pissed. Our 2bdrm is nice for the price. Our jacuzzi doesn't work, we had NO hot water one night and there were HUGE brown bugs of some sort that I've never seen before. They seriously scare the hell out of me and come out at night. They are as big as my thumb literally. The pools are unheated but main pools are warmer than others. Tower 2&3 pools are freezing! I was called early in the morning 3 times re timeshare pitch. I finally unplugged the phone. It only bothered me when we had gone to the Halloween party and returned at 1am. Our 4 year olds were exhausted and we wanted them to sleep in. At 8:15am, the phone woke them. We had to get a parking pass day 4 and were pitched again. We reserved through VS for 8 days and they used 2 owners points for 4 days each. The resort had us recheck in on day 4, renew key cards and get new parking pass. Overall, it is very close to parks. Lots to do. Great price and minor issues.
We have been here the same week as you, also checked in on Sept 21. We arrived around 1pm and checked in no problem at that time. Our room was ready and was correct. We have had no problems as far as the tub or the hot water. We have also not seen any bugs inside. The pool temperature has seemed fine to me, but the pool at the main building certainly is noticeably warmer than the others. I have been called on the phone, but not about the timeshare pitch, and we are usually gone around 8:15, so I guess I'm not sure what time they called. They left us messages. The first time was to say welcome and please call if you need anything. The second was the activities desk calling to make sure we knew about the activities. We were pitched at the parking pass desk, on our arrival day. I told him that I would consider going but that I made no guarantees. I didn't go, and they haven't given me a hard time at all. Our biggest complaint was about lack of parking at tower 6, but now that we have gotten used to parking in the deck it really isn't a problem. I would definitely stay here again, especially if I needed space for more than 4 people again.
__________________
planning our first trip with the kids
Sept 2013 Wyndham Bonnet Creek

ADVentive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #2323
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
We have been at BCR since Sept 21 and leave on the 29th. Things have been ok as we spend only nights and mornings in our room. We are in tower 2 on 3rd floor. We waited until 4pm to check in and were told only 1 room was ready and we could take it or wait indefinitely. With 2 four year olds, we took the room. Ifind it odd that at 4pm people were waiting for rooms.
There was a party of 3 families who had reservations but didn't get their booked room types. They had 3 suites booked, a 1 bdrm, 2 bdrm and 3 bdrm. They were given one 4 bdrm for night one, and 2 2 bdrm for night 2 and promised their booked rooms for night 3. I'd be pissed.
Our 2bdrm is nice for the price. Our jacuzzi doesn't work, we had NO hot water one night and there were HUGE brown bugs of some sort that I've never seen before. They seriously scare the hell out of me and come out at night. They are as big as my thumb literally.
The pools are unheated but main pools are warmer than others. Tower 2&3 pools are freezing!
I was called early in the morning 3 times re timeshare pitch. I finally unplugged the phone. It only bothered me when we had gone to the Halloween party and returned at 1am. Our 4 year olds were exhausted and we wanted them to sleep in. At 8:15am, the phone woke them.
We had to get a parking pass day 4 and were pitched again.
We reserved through VS for 8 days and they used 2 owners points for 4 days each. The resort had us recheck in on day 4, renew key cards and get new parking pass.
Overall, it is very close to parks. Lots to do. Great price and minor issues.
Wow! I had a totally different experience when I was there Sept 14th-22nd. I checked in about 12:30pm and several rooms were ready. I asked about facing the lake and was told she could give me a condo facing the lake, but I would have to wait until later that afternoon for it to be ready. She had several condos that faced parking lots that were ready then though. She was really nice and said it was my choice. I decided to go with one that was ready and asked if I could be in tower 4 or 5. She gave me a great condo in tower 5, facing DTD. I didn't see a bug in there all week and the pools were fine. At the parking desk I checked the lowest salary and told her my husband was not with me this trip. I came in one night and found a message. The only thing it said though was Welcome to Bonnet Creek, they hoped I was having a nice vacation, and call if I needed anything. Other than that my phone never rang.

We had the same experience when we checked in at BC this past May. Except when I asked about a condo facing the lake, the CM said to let her see what she could do and after checking offered me two (one in tower 4 and one in tower 2). That day we checked in about noon and were able to go straight to our condo in tower 4. We didn't see any bugs that trip either. I guess we were lucky but we didn't have a single problem either trip (other than I wished they had more handicap parking). The May trip I booked through Vacation Strategy and the trip last week I booked through Shelby Resorts. I also have a trip booked for Dec 6th-16th through Aaron Washburn.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #2324
buggy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 23

We went Sept 14th -22nd and stayed in Tower 6 in a 3 bedroom Presidential Suite. We drove halfway from Atlanta the day before and spent the night at the Comfort Suites in Augusta, Georgia so that we could arrive early on the 14th in order to get a pool/lake view (our hotel room slept six and came with a free breakfast). When I checked in on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at Tower 6, I was told that reservations had already had us down for a parking lot view. I was under the impression from this thread that all room assignments took place at check in so had I know our room was assigned earlier, I would have called in advance and requested a pool/lake view. However, I am kind of glad we were assigned to a parking lot view because it also had a view of DTD and, more importantly, it was in the shade in the late afternoon when we got back from the parks and I am sure much quieter than pool/lake view.

Our suite was immaculate and no bugs but I did unplug the phone even though I did not do the parking pass and I deprogrammed the thermostats (thanks to this thread) and lowered the temperature in the room.

Overall, WBC is a very nice resort and we have stayed deluxe in the past and the Presidential Suite puts deluxe to shame both in price and luxury. The only downside was that the dishwasher only worked if you put it on a delayed wash and other guest would just dump their trash in the trash room at the end of the hall instead of throwing it down the trash chute. Also, if your kids can't swim, they won't let them go down the Tower 3 pool slide even with a life jacket.

This thread was invaluable to our pleasant stay and I recommend all who are first-time guest to read it in it's entirety and write down the tips. We will stay at WBC again.
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #2325
Kemorr
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy View Post
We went Sept 14th -22nd and stayed in Tower 6 in a 3 bedroom Presidential Suite. We drove halfway from Atlanta the day before and spent the night at the Comfort Suites in Augusta, Georgia so that we could arrive early on the 14th in order to get a pool/lake view (our hotel room slept six and came with a free breakfast). When I checked in on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. at Tower 6, I was told that reservations had already had us down for a parking lot view. I was under the impression from this thread that all room assignments took place at check in so had I know our room was assigned earlier, I would have called in advance and requested a pool/lake view. However, I am kind of glad we were assigned to a parking lot view because it also had a view of DTD and, more importantly, it was in the shade in the late afternoon when we got back from the parks and I am sure much quieter than pool/lake view.

Our suite was immaculate and no bugs but I did unplug the phone even though I did not do the parking pass and I deprogrammed the thermostats (thanks to this thread) and lowered the temperature in the room.

Overall, WBC is a very nice resort and we have stayed deluxe in the past and the Presidential Suite puts deluxe to shame both in price and luxury. The only downside was that the dishwasher only worked if you put it on a delayed wash and other guest would just dump their trash in the trash room at the end of the hall instead of throwing it down the trash chute. Also, if your kids can't swim, they won't let them go down the Tower 3 pool slide even with a life jacket.

This thread was invaluable to our pleasant stay and I recommend all who are first-time guest to read it in it's entirety and write down the tips. We will stay at WBC again.

What do you have to do to the thermostat to reprogram it?
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.