Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Disney25th
Mouseketeer

Help planning our day at Sea World

We have not been to Sea World since the 70's.. Does it still have a place you can feed the Dolphins?
What shows & rides would you recommand ?? We are not roller coaster Or jerky rides due to a neck problem. Getting old stinks..lol

We are going in Sept After Labor day for the day...........I will take all thoughts..
Thank you

Disney25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

SeaWorld is a great park for shows/activities that don't require you to be able to ride coasters (though the coaster Manta is one of the best), so I am confident you will enjoy. Yes, you can still feed the dolphins, also the rays. Turtle Trek is awesome (though does require standing and is 3D so can make folks feel dizzy), and the new Antarctica ride in mild version is VERY calm and a fun storyline way to go see the penguins, etc. The One Ocean show is pretty, though many who saw the previous show say it is not as good since the trainers don't get in the water with the Orcas. Blue Horizons is another terrific show, and for comedic relief the Otter Show (Clyde & Seamore) is fun. Also, Pets Ahoy is a lot of fun to see. My family loves the coasters, but my parents don't ride rides pretty much at all, and they also love Seaworld precisely because there is so much else to see and do beyond a traditional park.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
dreskates
Earning My Ears

Which theater is the Pets Ahoy show in?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
bull2saintleo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreskates View Post
Which theater is the Pets Ahoy show in?
Seaport Theater in the Waterfront.
bull2saintleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
cruisin'Mike
Be thankful that I'M not the Tag Fairy!

I was surprised that my 3 kids, who are all thrill ride junkies, spent more time at the animal exhibits than they did asking to ride the big rides. We spent a day and a half there, and only rode Manta twice, and Kraken and Atlantis once. The rest of the time was spent at shows or just watching the animals.

The dolphin show, Blue Horizons, was probably everybody's favorite, although we all laughed at the corny humor of Clyde and Seamore. We also really enjoyed One Ocean and Pets Ahoy. We didn't catch A'Lure, so I can't comment on that one.

Some people complained about the Antarctica ride. The technology was awesome, the ride was cute but short. But we had an absolute blast watching the penguins after the ride, even if we were freezing our behinds off! We also spent forever watching and feeding the seals.

There's definitely a lot of great things besides those big rides.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
PatMcDuck
DIS Veteran

Funny, I thought Blue Horizons was weird. I love Clyde and Seamore. I hope to see One Ocean tomorrow.

I cannot get my bearings in Sea World, I am always trying to look at the map.

Penguin ride was down all afternoon today.
PatMcDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMcDuck View Post
Funny, I thought Blue Horizons was weird. I love Clyde and Seamore. I hope to see One Ocean tomorrow.

I cannot get my bearings in Sea World, I am always trying to look at the map.

Penguin ride was down all afternoon today.
I thought the Blue Horizons story was weak and strange too. Loved seeing the actual dolphins though. The One Oceans show was fantastic.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisin'Mike View Post

Some people complained about the Antarctica ride. The technology was awesome, the ride was cute but short. But we had an absolute blast watching the penguins after the ride, even if we were freezing our behinds off! We also spent forever watching and feeding the seals.
I was not too impressed with Antarctica, to be honest. But I did like seeing the real penguins. And we went in August when it was sweltering, so the cold temps were so nice.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
twinspirit
Mouseketeer

IMHO, the shows are having less mammal time and therefore filling in with Cirque De Soliel type acts. We saw BH with dolphins on Saturday, and while it was good, the kids kind of lost interest and didnt understand all the acrobats and birds. We all loved the Sea Lion show! We rode JTA and Manta. LOVED the JTA! So beautiful inside too. As PP mentioned, we too felt very lost and easily turned around the wrong way there.

We had the absolute pleasure of Dine with Shamu experience! This was just so incredible, well worth the money and time. They do not include beer and wine anymore for the buffet, but the show is fantastic! Keep your plate and cameras back from the plexi glass tho

And if you see a guy standing there with an eagle on his arm...ask him whats up with the bird lol
twinspirit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: