Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #76
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Chronic complainers - yup, that's my pet peeve.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #77
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

For those complaining about adults who scream on rides on scared when should not be I can teach your kids new words instead
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #78
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
For those complaining about adults who scream on rides on scared when should not be I can teach your kids new words instead
What do adults screaming have to do with you teaching kids new words?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #79
skuttle
Counting the days until our next trip!

The dining plan. It has ruined dining at disney.

At counter service places when people sit at a table before they have their food , then people with trays of food are stuck wandering around.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #80
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!!
As a foreigner I find this rude, condescending and insulting.

Your issue is with people who talk during shows/performances do NOT make an assumption they are 'foreigners' for all you know they are tax paying American citizens.
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration & perhaps some 33 lovin' /15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & BLT/GFV

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #81
SLP958
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttle View Post
The dining plan. It has ruined dining at disney.

At counter service places when people sit at a table before they have their food , then people with trays of food are stuck wandering around.
This is exactly why we always find a table first. If you can't beat me, join me!
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #82
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTikiBeckie View Post
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more annoying...
There are many reasons why people feel the way that I do about breastfeeding in public. My personal reason probably isn't even one you've thought of so don't paint me with wide brush.

I am unable to have children and up until the past couple of years (when I hit forty and finally gave up trying) the sight of a woman breastfeeding (especially a full-on uncovered view) gave me a physical ache inside and was almost enough to send me into a crying jag. It was certainly enough to put me in a down mood for the rest of the day. Add in the joys of fertility hormone therapies and that increases tenfold.

As I said, there are many reasons why people don't want to see someone breastfeed, there is mine, and it's deeply personal and deeply hurtful.

I'm sorry that you feel that my wanting breastfeeding women to be a little more discrete in public is "annoying".

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #83
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!!

I would have gotten up and moved to another seat in my row.. I have never ridden COP when it was full.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #84
CynJ
Caffeinated Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Dr Pepper is independent. We get it here in Texas whether the restaurant has Coke or Pepsi. So, I wait and hope.
lol that made for an interesting Wikipedia adventure! looks like it's now part of the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group

I would definitely love some other diet soda choices rather than cola- ginger ale, root beer, grape... anything other than Coke lol

1991 - Caribbean Resort
2002 - All Star Movies
2014 - Art of Animation
CynJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #85
RitaE
DIS Veteran

I'm going to go with the Dining plan. Back in the hey day we had some fabulous meals at Disney. We actually looked forward to the fine dining. We planned some of our vacations totally around the restaurant meals. Now I'm happy to get edible and I'm usually happier with the chicken and hamburger counter service meals than what comes out of the kitchens of some of those places with table clothes. I've been served plates from places like Coral Reef that Denny's would be ashamed to send out.

Add in the Disney transportation system. I actually paid for a cab a couple of times last trip because I just could not STAND the thought of a Disney bus. I don't say that lightly either, I can be a real Cheapskate.
RitaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #86
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by souris View Post
People who complain about things that don't really matter.... Or what my DH likes to call "first world problems". I count my blessings everyday.. I have a beautiful family, we have a home, can bring my family on vacation and I'm slowly winning my battle against cancer. I find it sad when people don't take the time to see the beauty around them and appreciate the time they have with their loved ones! I think the key is to respect one another and appreciate what we have .
I wish you all the best! My friend is battling breast cancer, and she is such an inspiration to me.

I love WDW, but I am not sure if I will like FP+. I have read many of the threads on here and I just don't know.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #87
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Okay, it seems everyone is bothered by my own personal pet peeve of rides speaking in both English in Spanish. I'm allowed my own opinion by the way, and yes, it bothers me!

Yes, I know there are a LOT of Spanish-speaking visitors. So what. There are many visitors that speak Japanese, Russian, and French. The rides don't translate in those languages.

If I go to another country, no, I do not expect anyone to speak English to me (or have signs in English). If I decide to go to another country, it is my understanding that I'm in their country and should learn the language. I don't care if people from other countries visit Disney World or anywhere else in the US, my issue isn't with the people that may or may not speak English.

Just my opinion. Everyone has one.

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #88
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Dr Pepper is independent. We get it here in Texas whether the restaurant has Coke or Pepsi. So, I wait and hope.
In the US, Dr. Pepper has an exclusive bottling deal with Pepsi, so you'll often see them with as part of the same promotions and sales as Pepsi products. For fountain distribution, there's non-exclusive deals with Coke and Pepsi. So that's why McDonald's (exclusively Coke products for years) now serves Dr. Pepper.

Coca-Cola has the rights to bottle/can Dr. Pepper outside of the US. Not sure about fountain products.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #89
BigAlsGal
DIS Veteran

When people don't "fill in all the available space!"
Smokers that throw their cigarette butts wherever they feel.

BigAlsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #90
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Okay, it seems everyone is bothered by my own personal pet peeve of rides speaking in both English in Spanish. I'm allowed my own opinion by the way, and yes, it bothers me!

Yes, I know there are a LOT of Spanish-speaking visitors. So what. There are many visitors that speak Japanese, Russian, and French. The rides don't translate in those languages.

If I go to another country, no, I do not expect anyone to speak English to me (or have signs in English). If I decide to go to another country, it is my understanding that I'm in their country and should learn the language. I don't care if people from other countries visit Disney World or anywhere else in the US, my issue isn't with the people that may or may not speak English.

Just my opinion. Everyone has one.
So you think that when people go to a different country, they should learn the language first? Really?

My take on the use of both English and Spanish directions on attractions is that WDW uses the 2 languages that are most used by visitors. The company wants the majority of visitors to be able to understand how to get around, rules in attractions, directions to attractions, etc. it is a courtesy and makes peoples trips easier and more enjoyable.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: