Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #76
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Joining in Hello!

It looks like a great plan so far! Thank you for posting the magic band pictures. They are bigger than I expected!

That is so exciting you got a reservation at BOG!
Hi! And Welcome!

Thank you! It will be interesting to test out the bands and see them in action!

I will be stopping by your PTR soon!

Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
1st Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13
MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13
missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #77
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

The 10 day mark has arrived! We are all absolutely over the moon excited and hope these next days go fast! I have my luggage out and have already started packing a few things! On another note, I was able to secure a FP+ reservation for lunch at BOG. It seems things are really falling into place for this restaurant on this trip!

DAY 8 PLANS - OCTOBER 9TH

Ah Departure Day Luckily we have a late flight home, so there is time to get one last Disney fix before heading to the airport! This morning we will be heading to Animal Kingdom! I will be very excited to reunite with my love, Expedition Everest <3

Before heading over we will store our bags at the hotel. I am not sure if we will get to AK for rope drop, but I am sure we will get there not too long after! Our flight home leaves at 8pm, so I'm figuring MDE will be picking us up around 4:30-5:00. I think we will probably head out of AK around 3 and if we have to time to kill just walk around the resort, grab a snack, and do any last minute shopping at the gift shop!

Once we get to AK I think we will head straight to Africa and grab a FP for Kilimanjaro Safaris. While we wait we can exploer the Pangani Forest Trail and maybe the Discovery Island Trails. I did neither of those last trip, so add that to the list of firsts! After we ride KS, it's over to Asia to grab a FP for Expedition Everest! After that I was thinking of riding Dinosaur and checking out Mickey & Minnie's new M&G area- I'm so excited that they are meeting together!! I think it will be close to lunchtime now, so we will probably eat at Flame Tree Barbeque which I LOVED last trip! Our FPs for Everest should be up now, so we'll grab another set for later before riding!

Then while we wait for our second set of FPs to be up, we'll probably check out the Maharajah Jungle Trek. After we ride EE again I'd like to try and head over to Camp Minnie Mickey to try and meet some characters if the waits are short!

Then sadly I think it will be time to head back to the hotel and say goodbye to Disney

List of Firsts for the day:
-Pangani Forest & Discovery Island Trails
-Meet Mickey & Minnie together at Adventurer's Outpost

In my next post I'll be posting my revised MNSSHP plans

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #78
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

10 days! YAY! But boo for reading about your last day at Disney. Thinking about our last day gets me sad already. I read a book once where the main character was described as "one of those girls who gets sad about vacation being over before the vacation even begins." That's me! But you have an amazing trip planned, I know you will have an awesome time! In just 10 days!!

Are you keeping both BOG reservations, or just the lunch one now?
kayemgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #79
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
10 days! YAY! But boo for reading about your last day at Disney. Thinking about our last day gets me sad already. I read a book once where the main character was described as "one of those girls who gets sad about vacation being over before the vacation even begins." That's me! But you have an amazing trip planned, I know you will have an awesome time! In just 10 days!!

Are you keeping both BOG reservations, or just the lunch one now?
Yay thank you for sharing in my excitement! The end of a vacation is always sad, but I think the end of a DISNEY vacation is always even sadder! I know I am going to be itching for another trip to plan (even though I don't think that will be for quite a while )

I am keeping both reservations! We are going to do lunch on our first MK and dinner on our second MK day. We figured since the menus are different we can get 2 different experiences out of it!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #80
MeeskaMomma
DIS Veteran

Your trip is so close! How exciting! Animal kingdom looks like a great way to ind down the Disney trip!
MeeskaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #81
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeskaMomma View Post
Your trip is so close! How exciting! Animal kingdom looks like a great way to ind down the Disney trip!
Thank you!!

Old 09-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #82
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
I am keeping both reservations! We are going to do lunch on our first MK and dinner on our second MK day. We figured since the menus are different we can get 2 different experiences out of it!
Yay that's exciting! I'll be very interested to hear about your experiences with both when you get back (I hope you'll be doing a trip report?)!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #83
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayemgi View Post
Yay that's exciting! I'll be very interested to hear about your experiences with both when you get back (I hope you'll be doing a trip report?)!
I am going to try my best to do one! At least I know I will have one reader!

Old 09-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #84
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Your trip is so close now!

Great idea to end on AK. I love the character greetings they have available there. I'm excited to meet Mickey & Minnie together there too!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #85
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your plans! Almost time to go! I think AK is a great place to spend the last day. We might too if we have already done what we want at the Food and Wine Fest

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #86
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I'm gonna try to catch up now! Ah I missed so much on the Dis while gone!

Yay for getting the Magicbands! I think you guys will like having them. They are super convenient for room entry and the dining plan and everything to not have to dig out a KTTW card. Plus it seems that you're going to be able to link the photopass card to it which is also cool.

The FP+ worked out pretty well for us too. We honestly didn't feel we needed them most of the time but we also did pull some regular FPs too. It was nice to have both but I'm still a little unsure of how it will go with just FP+.

We did the same thing on our rest day-- headed over to AoA! It's amazing.

Either line up for Jack and Sally early, or go at the end of the night. We got in line during the 1st parade one night and the line was shorter I suppose (we still waited about an hour and 15 minutes I think--maybe a bit more) but we missed the fireworks. It was fine because we had another night to see them but if we hadn't, I'd have been bummed. I know Katt found a short wait for them after the 2nd parade but the CMs are letting people line up right until 11:59.

AH that Ursula shirt is AMAZING! I'm jealous. Definitely go meet Ariel while wearing it!

Oh gosh we are so similar. I was dying for those ears when I saw them on the website! They have them in the parks too so if you want to wait til you get down there to get them you can! I ended up buying non-Halloween ears so I never ended up getting them but I love those!

OMG congrats on the ADR! That's amazing. You're going to love it!!!

Definitely a good idea to hit Buzz and Woody early. I don't think that line ever gets short during the day!

AH I can't believe you're so close! Time really does fly! Sounds like a great last day at AK. Ugh Disney trips ending is really just the saddest thought!

So glad I made it over before you LEAVE!!!! What is it a week away now?? AHHH!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!

Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #87
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Your trip is so close now!

Great idea to end on AK. I love the character greetings they have available there. I'm excited to meet Mickey & Minnie together there too!
I know, I can't really believe it! Mickey & Minnie is definitely going to be a highlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
Really enjoying your plans! Almost time to go! I think AK is a great place to spend the last day. We might too if we have already done what we want at the Food and Wine Fest
Thank you!! Food & Wine isn't too bad of a way to end a trip either!

Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #88
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
I'm gonna try to catch up now! Ah I missed so much on the Dis while gone!

Yay for getting the Magicbands! I think you guys will like having them. They are super convenient for room entry and the dining plan and everything to not have to dig out a KTTW card. Plus it seems that you're going to be able to link the photopass card to it which is also cool.

The FP+ worked out pretty well for us too. We honestly didn't feel we needed them most of the time but we also did pull some regular FPs too. It was nice to have both but I'm still a little unsure of how it will go with just FP+.

We did the same thing on our rest day-- headed over to AoA! It's amazing.

Either line up for Jack and Sally early, or go at the end of the night. We got in line during the 1st parade one night and the line was shorter I suppose (we still waited about an hour and 15 minutes I think--maybe a bit more) but we missed the fireworks. It was fine because we had another night to see them but if we hadn't, I'd have been bummed. I know Katt found a short wait for them after the 2nd parade but the CMs are letting people line up right until 11:59.

AH that Ursula shirt is AMAZING! I'm jealous. Definitely go meet Ariel while wearing it!

Oh gosh we are so similar. I was dying for those ears when I saw them on the website! They have them in the parks too so if you want to wait til you get down there to get them you can! I ended up buying non-Halloween ears so I never ended up getting them but I love those!

OMG congrats on the ADR! That's amazing. You're going to love it!!!

Definitely a good idea to hit Buzz and Woody early. I don't think that line ever gets short during the day!

AH I can't believe you're so close! Time really does fly! Sounds like a great last day at AK. Ugh Disney trips ending is really just the saddest thought!

So glad I made it over before you LEAVE!!!! What is it a week away now?? AHHH!
Welcome back! I know you had a BLAST on your trip and can't wait to hear alllllllll about it!

I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience with Magic Bands! I still haven't linked my tickets and I'm not sure if I will really, but I'm glad it all worked out smoothly for you!

I cannot wait to check out AoA!

My Halloween ears finally ended up arriving, so they are all set to go with me! I loved the ears you ended up buying, so cute!!

And I am so so so excited to eat at BOG!

I'm glad you were able to make it over too and thank you so much for all your feedback! Yes one week left ahh!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #89
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP Plans

5 days away now, I can count that on one hand!

I have revised my MNSSHP plans over and over again. I don't think I will ever be 100% satisfied because I keep stressing over them! There is so much I want to do and I hope I'm not trying to cram too much in :-/ Nonetheless I think this is the part of the trip I am most excited about!!

Night 1 Plans
5:30- Line up for 7 Dwarves
7:00- Meet 7 Dwarves
7:15- Do 1 of the Princess Fairytale Hall rooms (?)
7:45- Villains Mix & Mingle (Try and meet 1 or 2 villains)
8:15- Pooh Gang or Princess Fairytale Hall
9:00- Get Spot for Celebrate the Magic & Wishes
9:15- Celebrate the Magic
9:30- HalloWishes
*Either before or after the parade I'd like to grab some magic shots
10:00- Find spot for parade (Thinking near Hall of Presidents area)
10:30- Boo To You Parade
11:00- Head to castle and stand on left side of stage to be ready to jump in Maleficent's line
11:15- Villains Mix & Mingle
11:45- Check out the Tomorrowland Dance Party (Really hoping to see Boo!!) and the treat spots in this area

The 2 things I'm worried about is:
1) What I do after meeting the Dwarves. I really want to attend that 7:45 Villains show so I am worried that whatever I decide to do will cut into that.I'm hoping that A)I'll be one of the first families in line at the dwarves and B)They'll come out a few minutes early so I can quickly get to PFH
2) The Pooh Gang line! I've read mixed things about this so I'm worried the line is going to be crazy long

Night 2 Plans
-Around 5- Line up for Jack & Sally
-7 or 7:30- Meet Jack & Sally (Hoping they continue on with them coming out at 7 instead of 7:30!)
-Meet Mickey (and hopefully Minnie will still be there too!) in TST
-Either line up for the Pooh Gang if we didn't get to do it on Night 1 or do Princess Fairytale Hall
-Visit the treat spots in Fantasyland, meet Minnie if she is now in FL
9:30- HalloWishes (We want to ride Dumbo during this!)
-Meet Donald & Daisy
10:05- Villains Mix & Mingle (try and meet 1 or 2 villains)
10:30- If for some reason we didn't get both Princess rooms done, we will do this now. If not, I'd like to head over to the Aladdin Gang
11:15- Villains Mix & Mingle (Try and meet 1 or 2 villains)
11:45- Check out the Frontierland and Adventureland treat spots

While the first night will focus on the parade and fireworks with a few characters, the 2nd night will focus all on characters. I am trying to mentally prepare myself that plans don't always go accordingly and we might not get to everything on my list. I welcome any suggestions or tips!!

Last edited by missangelalexis; 10-01-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #90
kayemgi
DIS Veteran

That really doesn't sound like that much to me! I guess it will all depend on how crowded your party nights are. But those seem like reasonable to-do lists to me! Especially since you are lining up to do the most popular character meets super early. I'm sure it will be super fun and awesome no matter what!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: