Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #16
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Hard to say. Last year was our first time in Europe. The trip was a gift for our daughter, who always wanted to see London.& Paris. We loved every minute of it! She is now in her junior year of college, studying this semester in London and really enjoying the experience. It was a great introduction to European travel. After the first ABD, she even decided to minor in European studies because she loved it so much! She also decided she wants to work for the Disney Company after graduation.

This July we went to Germany and adored the experience. The landscape is breathtaking. We felt really a part of the culture. Our guides were fabulous, as were the ones in London & Paris. Our fellow travelers were loads of fun. We keep in touch with several from both trips.

I can't say that we preferred one adventure over another, but I will say, we are hooked. We will continue to travel with ABD until we exhaust their itineraries! , ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I wonder if Norway will be the only new trip ABD will roll out this year? (I imagine there will be current trips that will be tweaked/changed). We did China in 2008 just before the Olympics--and loved everything about that trip; since then, ABD has added a side trip to see the Terracotta warriors which we would have loved to have done, (On the other hand it looks like they don't stay at the Hotel of Modern Art, which was a fantastic place to stay and roam about). We also tried a couple of trips over the Christmas holiday--very different from a summer trip (and some things in the regular itinerary had to be changed). But like you SingingMom, we are hooked! (And as for a honeymoon trip...well, guess that depends on the couple, and the trip--Greece had some down time and very lovely settings; I bet the Italian Lakes trip would be nice too.)
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
WeLoveABD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
I wonder if Norway will be the only new trip ABD will roll out this year? (I imagine there will be current trips that will be tweaked/changed). We did China in 2008 just before the Olympics--and loved everything about that trip; since then, ABD has added a side trip to see the Terracotta warriors which we would have loved to have done, (On the other hand it looks like they don't stay at the Hotel of Modern Art, which was a fantastic place to stay and roam about). We also tried a couple of trips over the Christmas holiday--very different from a summer trip (and some things in the regular itinerary had to be changed). But like you SingingMom, we are hooked! (And as for a honeymoon trip...well, guess that depends on the couple, and the trip--Greece had some down time and very lovely settings; I bet the Italian Lakes trip would be nice too.)
Well, from what I can tell, the new Norway itinerary is for 2014, just announced rather late. They already rolled out the rest of 2014, including the new Central Europe itinerary. So I guess the question becomes, did they hold out on it until "Frozen" was ready to be released? Does it mean there will be no new itineraries for 2015? Only time will tell, I guess!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Well, from what I can tell, the new Norway itinerary is for 2014, just announced rather late. They already rolled out the rest of 2014, including the new Central Europe itinerary. So I guess the question becomes, did they hold out on it until "Frozen" was ready to be released? Does it mean there will be no new itineraries for 2015? Only time will tell, I guess!

Sayhello
True that! Probably a mix of movie and cruise ship tie-ins. If there are 2015 trips I would hope to see those soon (although March might be the rollout timeframe)
ABD: Scotland (2014), Greece (06/12), Peru (08/11), Germany (12/09), Knights & Lights (12/08), China (06/08), Italy (06/07). DCL: 7 night Alaska Cruise Disney Wonder (7/13), 5 night Xmas Cruise Disney Dream (12/12), 12 night Baltic Disney Magic (06/10), 10-Night Mediterranean Cruise Barcelona, Disney Magic (06/07) Mexican Riveria Cruise Disney Magic (06/05), 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic (05/02), 7-Night Vacation Pkg : 4-Night resort and 3-Night cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic (05/99). Hong Kong Disneyland (2008), Paris Disneyland (2008), WDW a few and Disneyland 100+; D23 Charter Member. And completely unbiased!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveABD View Post
True that! Probably a mix of movie and cruise ship tie-ins. If there are 2015 trips I would hope to see those soon (although March might be the rollout timeframe)
So far, May has been the earliest we've seen a new year's departures rolled out.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
WeLoveABD
DIS Veteran

I hope it is earlier than May-we are type A planners and will have 2015 figured out by then!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: