Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #151
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

What if we do a split stay with Swan and Dolphin???? Will our magicbands work for park entry on our Swan stay the first few nights? Our tickets were not purchased through a package.

*May 2015-Grand Floridian and Beach Club * November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son : My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #152
PSUGuy
Bill From PA

Sorry if this has been addressed. I have the My Disney Experience account, wifey and BIL and SIL will be along at BW next month. All names are on the ressie, all tickets purchased from UT are linked to a band, the bands arrived yesterday. No one else has a MDE account, I invited all.

Question, shouldn't they all be able to access the page to get FP+? Is there something more that needs to be done to make this happen? Wifey got into something today based on an invite sent yesterday but couldn't find the page to reserve a FP+. I successfully did this for her and I on arrival day, BIL and SIL come a day later, I'd like all to be able to manage their bands.

Thanks for any advice offered,

Bill From PA

Last edited by PSUGuy; 09-27-2013 at 09:21 AM.
PSUGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #153
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
What if we do a split stay with Swan and Dolphin???? Will our magicbands work for park entry on our Swan stay the first few nights? Our tickets were not purchased through a package.
They will obviously not work as a room key.
If you have a credit card linked they should work for purchases.
If you have non-package tickets linked to your MDE account they should work for park entry.
It should not work for FP+ until the first day of your WDW stay.
MouseMomx2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #154
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUGuy View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed. I have the My Disney Experience account, wifey and BIL and SIL will be along at BW next month. All names are on the ressie, all tickets purchased from UT are linked to a band, the bands arrived yesterday. No one else has a MDE account, I invited all.

Question, shouldn't they all be able to access the page to get FP+? Is there something more that needs to be done to make this happen? Wifey got into something today based on an invite sent yesterday but couldn't find the page to reserve a FP+. I successfully did this for her and I on arrival day, BIL and SIL come a day later, I'd like all to be able to manage their bands.

Thanks for any advice offered,

Bill From PA
Personally, I find it easier to manage my family's bands. If you want them to each be in charge of their own they will each need to create their own MDE accounts and accept your invitation. Then you should all be linked and should all be able to make FP+ selections for everyone.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #155
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

Are most of the magic band readers right hand or left hand "friendly"? In other words, is it easier to wear on the R wrist or L wrist?
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #156
ougrad86
OU Sooners Football Fan!

Question

OK, I have a unusual situation and I hope someone here knows the answer. I would rather not call WDW, I get better info here .

We are going next April, have a reservation at the Coronado, and now it looks like we might have a chance at SOG . Thing is, we won't know if we can stay at SOG until closer to departure - like maybe a week before .

Before than, I will have made my ADR's and FP+ reservations. I have some days leftover on my 10 UT tickets (no exp), so were going to use them this trip. If I get to stay at SOG and cancel Coronado, what happens to my ADR's and FP+ reservations? If I have my ticket media in the magic band will I lose anything? We are going during Spring Break , so I would prefer not for it to all disappear, since it would be difficult to get it back during that crowded time.

Any help or insights would be most appreciated !

Thanks!

Disneyland off site 1973;WDW off site 1974 (band trip); WDW off site 1985; WDW SOG March 2006; WDW SOG Nov 2009 with friends; WDW AKL Oct/Nov 2010 with friends; Universal/WDW HRH Spring Break 2012 with friends; WDW AKL Nov 2012 with friends; WDW Coronado/Uni Portofino Spring Break 2014 with friends ! No New Ticker - college and Grand Canyon planning
Disney: so far into our heads, hopes and dreams that it is legendarily the Mouse that built the better people trap...
ougrad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #157
goofswife
Earning My Ears

Can we add a day to our park hoppers on our Magic Bands after we arrive at WDW? We're not certain yet that we will need the extra day since we already plan to attend MVMCP later that evening.
goofswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:08 PM   #158
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeU View Post
Are most of the magic band readers right hand or left hand "friendly"? In other words, is it easier to wear on the R wrist or L wrist?
The scanners are to your left as you enter each park so having the bands on your left hand makes entry easier. Some lefties have reported having issues when the band is on their right hand.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #159
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ougrad86 View Post
OK, I have a unusual situation and I hope someone here knows the answer. I would rather not call WDW, I get better info here .

We are going next April, have a reservation at the Coronado, and now it looks like we might have a chance at SOG . Thing is, we won't know if we can stay at SOG until closer to departure - like maybe a week before .

Before than, I will have made my ADR's and FP+ reservations. I have some days leftover on my 10 UT tickets (no exp), so were going to use them this trip. If I get to stay at SOG and cancel Coronado, what happens to my ADR's and FP+ reservations? If I have my ticket media in the magic band will I lose anything? We are going during Spring Break , so I would prefer not for it to all disappear, since it would be difficult to get it back during that crowded time.

Any help or insights would be most appreciated !

Thanks!
First, nothing is stored in the band. Everything in your MDE account is accessed using the chip in the band. That means that your band will be good over many trips. It will simply access whatever is linked to your MDE account at that time.

As for the FP+ selections, by that time I would expect day/off-site guests to have access to FP+ so it shouldn't matter where you are staying. Disney has not announced a date when they will be included in FP+ but they are testing that system with CMs now. All you can do is wait and see what is in place closer to your trip.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #160
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofswife View Post
Can we add a day to our park hoppers on our Magic Bands after we arrive at WDW? We're not certain yet that we will need the extra day since we already plan to attend MVMCP later that evening.
The park hoppers aren't on your bands, they are linked to your MDE account. The bands simply access that information with their chip. You will have no problem adding a day to your tickets. Just visit Guest Relations and they can do it for you.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #161
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
The name is printed on the inside of the band and is not decorative. It is more for identification purposes so you don't mix them up with someone else's. Neither the personalization nor the colored bands cost anything.

You can purchase different band decorations in the shops, but they are not mandatory. I do not know if you can add both a sleeve and bandits. Perhaps another poster will be able to help.
Yes you can, you just need something to make a very small hole in the sleeve so the bandits go in.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #162
sweepy109
Earning My Ears

So my magic bands are being shipped in 5 days. I do not have tickets yet but will get them soon. Do I just add them to my MDE account when I get them and then they will be in my bands?
sweepy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #163
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweepy109 View Post
So my magic bands are being shipped in 5 days. I do not have tickets yet but will get them soon. Do I just add them to my MDE account when I get them and then they will be in my bands?
You add them to your MDE account and then they will be in your account. The bands do not store anything. They have a chip that can access whatever is linked to your MDE account. So yes, you add them to your account and then you can use your bands to get into the parks.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #164
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I was able to customize my bands today for my trip starting 11/23. I also have the page to book FP+....thanks for the info. I am soo confused!!
BTW,it says I have until 10/24 to customize the bands.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #165
OrangeU
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2

The scanners are to your left as you enter each park so having the bands on your left hand makes entry easier. Some lefties have reported having issues when the band is on their right hand.
Thank you! Exactly what I was wondering, as we have two lefties in our group. They're really gonna think I'm an expert planner now when I tell them to keep it on their left. Lol.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: