Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
MIGrandma
A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water~Eleanor Roosevelt
I have a toilet problem
33 people looked, and not one followed the rule!

What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve?

You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!!
MIGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

-Flash photography on rides
-Talking on rides
-Adults who intentionally cut in line
-Disney Resort prices
-Rides that speak in both English AND Spanish (This is America)

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIGrandma View Post
You know we all have at least one, or more. So, what's yours?

Mine is foreign people (people from other countries, nationalities, whatever is the politically correct way of saying it ) not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to. Carousel of Progress has always been my favorite Disney attraction, and this time I took my adult DD with me who had never been to Disney before so it was her first time to experience this attraction.

We had a family (4 adults/3 children) speaking Spanish the entire time directly behind us. They were not quiet about it either. Everyone else was being quiet, except for a child now and then but that is to be expected.

Now, I don't know if they could not speak English, but please...if you don't understand the English language and you still go into an attraction where people would want to be listening to it, please for the love of all that's holy...shut up!!!
"Foreign people" are not the only people who speak during attractions.
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janepod View Post
"Foreign people" are not the only people who speak during attractions.
No, but they were the ones in this case who yakked during the attraction. To point it out is not prejudice, just a fact.

I have been on many tours in other countries where not a word of English was spoken and I understood precious little. I kept my mouth shut, listened in case I could catch a word or two, watched the scenery and let others who could understand have their time to enjoy the experience.
EMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

The entitlement mentality of the guests.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Sorsha
People, don't be like the chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
-Rides that speak in both English AND Spanish (This is America)
Oh for the love of Pete. We get visitors for other countries - heaven forbid. And they might need to know the safety regulations - oh the horror.
"That's right, you fell out of the ride because you didn't realize how to keep yourself safe. WELL TOO BAD FOR YOU! If you had just learned the entirety of the English language before your vacation, this wouldn't have happened, now would it... quit whining, it's just an arm, you have another."

Ok, Pet Peeves.

1. The HUGENESS of the resorts. If you should happen to get a room out in the north 40 somewhere it will take you 45 minutes to hike to breakfast or the bus stop. I love the theming but for how much it costs, they ought to drive around with those little luggage carts giving rides to the food court.
2. Parents who can be heard in the parks yelling at and berating their exhausted, sun-burned little kids... "I don't care if your feet hurt! I paid 10,000 for this vacation, and you WILL HAVE FUN!"
3. Mandatory gratuity. How much I tip is my business.
4. When I have carefully picked out my spot for parade/fireworks viewing and held it down for an hour beforehand, and then someone shows up 5 minutes before and stands directly in front of me.
5. At park closing time, waiting for a bus to YOUR resort, only to have buses for every other resort on property show up before yours. By that time the line is so long 3 buses are required.

I am sure there are more...
But I still love it.

"My kids' through the years at Disney parks" video!
Sorsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

The OP's post reminds me of the time we were watching Wishes and a French family stood behind us. You have to imagine a LOUD, heavy French accent saying in loooooooong drawn out fashion, "OH.......MY.......GOD!!!!!!" And she said it every five seconds. With every single flash of fireworks, we heard, "OH.....MY........GOD!!!!!" It was really getting on my nerves, as it was right in my ear.

Eventually, I started saying in an equally drawn out, dramatic fashion, "OH........MON........DIEU!!!! OH.......MON......DIEU!!!! OH........MON.......DIEU!!!!" DH was . She got the hint and stopped with the OMG!!!!!
EMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #8
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

When you're waiting for a parade to start and ding dongs sitting near you start throwing popcorn to feed the birds. And children that swing on line ropes.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Tinkermommy
Not too exciting but we all can't have a tipped uterus!

That WDW is too far away!

Tinkermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
LSmith
DIS Veteran

I was on Pirates once when a group of New Yorkers, "foreigners" to me, wouldn't shut up the entire time.

Those annoying foreigners!

Every group of people has the potential to be loud.

Last edited by LSmith; 09-27-2013 at 12:11 PM.
LSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
souris
Mouseketeer

People who complain about things that don't really matter.... Or what my DH likes to call "first world problems". I count my blessings everyday.. I have a beautiful family, we have a home, can bring my family on vacation and I'm slowly winning my battle against cancer. I find it sad when people don't take the time to see the beauty around them and appreciate the time they have with their loved ones! I think the key is to respect one another and appreciate what we have .

Disneyland Paris
1997, 2008
souris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

People who think their money is worth more than anyone else's.

People who think they should get more in-park perks for staying on-site.

People who think they should get more in-park perks for staying at a deluxe rather than a value.

People who will nudge their way to stand directly in front of small children at parades.

People who will let the tiniest thing "spoil their magic."

"Brazilians." ("Brazilians" don't always come from Brazil, and not all people from Brazil are "Brazilians.")

People wearing wildly inappropriate clothing for a family environment.

Sent from me.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #13
grassmower
Earning My Ears

biggest pet peeve is how freakin expensive Disney has become!
grassmower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
No, but they were the ones in this case who yakked during the attraction. To point it out is not prejudice, just a fact.

I have been on many tours in other countries where not a word of English was spoken and I understood precious little. I kept my mouth shut, listened in case I could catch a word or two, watched the scenery and let others who could understand have their time to enjoy the experience.
Then why not just say

"people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."

If they were blonde Americans talking who she have said " blonde people not shutting up during attractions that you need to be listening to."?

I somehow doubt it
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #15
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

From guests? People who talk during shows/fireworks, especially if they are talking on their cell phones. And also humongous strollers bug the heck out of me.

From Disney? The bus service. It's gotten awful, and I didn't ride a single bus on our September trip because of it. We drove, walked, or took the monorail. The rental car is worth every penny, and I never would have said that ten years ago.

There's no good excuse I can think of for Disney to not have improved the bus service and how buses are called out to the parks or resorts. We had seven Animal Kingdom buses and several DTD/TL buses come to our resort bus stop one day in June before a single Magic Kingdom bus ever came. Part of the billion they just spent on Fastpass+ etc. can surely go to fix the bus call-out issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: