Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #376
DisneyBeth94
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacaju View Post
I only just saw this this morning...Good Luck on your apt today...my dd13 did go through exposure therapy and she NEVER HAD TO MAKE HERSELF throw up!! It really did work and they started showing her pictures of cartoons looking green and sick, to cartoons throwing up and it progresses as you feel comfortable about it. The therapist NEVER forced her to look at pictures. She stopped looking when her anxiety was too much..PLEASE try it before you think it will do you no good...it really can help!!
Thank you! I think it went quite well. This is my last resort, a few months ago I would never have considered this at all. The therapist is letting me go at my own pace. This was just a starter session so it was all talking. I have another appointment for same time next Thursday so hopefully that goes well too!

Previous trips:
DLP - February 2012 - 7N//8D DLP - July 2012 - 6N//7D WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (AoA) WDW - April 2013 - 7N//8D (Pop) DLP - July/August 2013 - 4N//5D
Upcoming:
DLP Christmas - December 2013/January 2014 - 3N//4D (DLH) - 5N//6D (SL)
DisneyBeth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #377
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBeth94 View Post
Thank you! I think it went quite well. This is my last resort, a few months ago I would never have considered this at all. The therapist is letting me go at my own pace. This was just a starter session so it was all talking. I have another appointment for same time next Thursday so hopefully that goes well too!
it will go well!! Have Faith!! I would not believe it could work...but I will tell you...go back through this thread here and find my posts from back in June..My daughter did get sick and threw up...she was a trooper!! She never would have been able to handle it , if it was not for the therapy!!
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #378
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Hi all, I'm back! Freaking out because I think I ate some undercooked chicken at lunch today. Trying to relax, probably nothing will happen, took a probiotic, 2 digestive enzymes, and two oregano oil capsules.... and I'll take some activated charcoal when I get home from work. Trying to concentrate on work (obviously doing a good job since I'm trying to distract myself on the DIS ) but ASDFJKL it's so hard when you worry!!! Trying not to worry....whatever happens happens. Probably nothing. Probably nothing will happen and everything will be fine. ....I hope.

Planning a trip for 2015. Not sure where to stay yet.... probably either BC or the Poly Villas if they're done by then
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #379
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

Well....it happened, I v******. Last weekend. I am a recently certified SCUBA diver, and I went on my 2nd boat dive last Saturday. I took Dramamine (less drowsy formula) about 45 minutes before we were set to leave. The first boat dive I did (in August), I took the Dramamine about an hour before we left, and I was perfectly fine.

I didn't like how the less-drowsy Dramamine made me feel last time, so this time I only took half of the tablet. Maybe it wasn't a good idea - and I should have taken it the night before, too, in retrospect.

I started feeling sick before our first dive. I think the fumes contributed a bit, too. I got sick over the boat, my eyes were closed the whole time it was happening. It was a terrible feeling. I couldn't believe it happened. The last time I v****** was on January 17, 1995.

Went on the 1st dive, I felt better when I was in the water. During the safety stop (when you remain at 15 feet for 3 minutes before you ascend), I got a bit dizzy and got a little worried. As me and my dive buddy surfaced, I felt the rocking of the waves and got worried again.

Right before our second dive (that day), I got sick again. My gear was all on prior to it happening. I had to remove it very quickly to get to the side of the boat again. Ugh. Once again, I was fine when I was back in the water. After that dive, though, I was feeling slightly nauseated again and just had my head in my hands the whole way back to the dock.

I couldn't believe it happened. But I was proud of myself for handling it as best as I could. And I was very grateful to my dive buddy and the rest of the divers for helping me out and giving me tips on how to feel better.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #380
alyssamichelle
Earning My Ears

Ugh

Hi, everyone. I'm not sure if anyone reads this thread anymore, as it's been a few months since someone posted. I'm 31 and a mother of 2. My ds (8 years old) had the stomach bug two days ago, into yesterday. Well, I'm a single mom, so I go to do all of the caring for him and cleaning up. My boyfriend then tells me that he has it, and he spent all weekend with us. I'm so afraid that I'm going to have it now. My bf isn't throwing up, but he has major nausea and bad bowels. My stomach was cramping and I was nauseous Friday night. My daughter was also sick Friday night. I dont' know if I had a touch of it and passed it on to my bf and my ds, but I'm afraid that since mine wasn't as long as theirs (my ds and my bf) that I haven't gotten it yet, and I'm next in line. I'm not sure why I have emet, but I do. I've been kind of paralyzed by my fear yesterday and today. I'm just waiting for it to come. Ugh. I've stocked up on anti-nausea chewable pills, and have some dramamine, which is an anti-emetic. My room is all set up just in case I do get sick.

My fear, I guess, has gotten a bit better since becoming a parent, because I've noticed that I don't have a real problem with sick unless it's contagious. Is that weird?

Anyway, I'm so anxious today. Ugh. Do you have any tips on how to quell the anxiety and just be okay?
alyssamichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #381
ColoradoK
Mouseketeer

I only have a problem with contagious puke too....because that's how bad *I* hate to throw up. I mean, I don't like it for my kids, but I'm terrified when it might happen to me. I worked in the hospital for years....pregnant women puke all the time in transition. Or people waking up from anesthesia. Never bothered me. It's only if I might catch it.

May 2013-Suprise! We're Going to Disneyland! Ramada Maingate Say Hey! Big Reveal and Montage Trip Report
Nov 2011-POFQ Our DYN-O-MITE video montage Trip Report
May 2010-HoJo Disneyland Trip Report
Feb 2009-HoJo Disneyland Trip Report Day 1-2 3-4 5-6
Oct 2001-Swalphin
Oct 1993-Yacht Club and Big Red Boat Cruise
ColoradoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #382
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

I, too, worry a (little) less about others v* when it's not contagious.

Speaking of v*, I was at Epcot a few nights ago, about to head to a viewing area for IllumiNations, when I saw CMs around an area, and they were shining a flashlight over it. As we were walking by, I realized it was Voban (the stuff they put over protein spills). I got slightly freaked and kept thinking, what if I had stepped in it? Thankfully those worries didn't last long.

As for the anxiety, I am not sure how to settle it, as I have issues with anxiety, too. :/ I would just be very careful about not touching my face, wiping things down with disinfectant wipes, and doing things to distract myself. Maybe try some deep breathing? I hope everyone feels better soon!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #383
jazzyscoob
Earning My Ears

Just felt like I needed to post here to calm my nerves. DH is out of town this week and he is usually the v handler.

DD got sick in her bed Christmas Eve and I was able to clean the mess but he had to take care of her as I can not handle watching someone be sick. Thankfully it was just the one time!

Just signed on the school website and they put up a norovirus warning saying that it is spreading fast there. Now I am freaking out that DD will get sick and share it with her brother and I while DH is gone.

DH told me to keep her home for the rest of the week in hopes it passes her by but I am trying to not give in to my fears all the time. Although I am definitely hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Thanks for listening I needed to get it out and everyone thinks I am crazy for even giving it a second thought.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #384
Mhlancon
Earning My Ears

Someone Help me PLEASE

For as long as i can remember ive been scared to throw up. Im 22 and i feel like the biggest idiot in the world. Like who is scared of a NORMAL body function? Thats like being scared to breath! I have a 3 year old son and hes thrown up 4 times (not spit up which im fine with) in his life. I feel like such a horrible mom because i constantly ask him if his stomach hurts or if he feels like he has to throw up. He gets really annoyed with this and screams NO MOMMY! and if he does happen to throw up i freak OUT i cant go near him. I feel like such a horrible mom because i cant take care of my sick 3 year old. Ive tried being hypnotized and ive been on medicine (zoloft) which helped me alot but i didnt like the way it made me feel if i forgot to take it and i had to wein myself off. Currently i take Colonzapam? (idk if thats how you spell it) but i think im pregnant again and i dont want to take it in fear of it harming my unborn child. So now since i think im pregnant im paralyzed with fear that im going to get morning sickness which i think is making things way worse by thinking about it so much but i cant seem to get if off my mind. i never once got even nauseated with my first pregnancy and i really didnt worry about it that much and i was fine. Even more weird if i do happen to get a stomach bug or throw up ill be terrified the first time i throw up and if i throw up again ill be fine and then ill get over the bug and a few days later BAMM im scared again! Does anyone on here know something i can do to help me get over this fear maybe like breathing techniques or something so i can try and get through this with out going into cardiac arrest?
Mhlancon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #385
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoK View Post
I only have a problem with contagious puke too....because that's how bad *I* hate to throw up. I mean, I don't like it for my kids, but I'm terrified when it might happen to me. I worked in the hospital for years....pregnant women puke all the time in transition. Or people waking up from anesthesia. Never bothered me. It's only if I might catch it.
This is completely me too!!!
annie1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: