Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #1936
vinmar4
Mouseketeer

chase Sapphire

I just wanted to share something that I did just found out since this is the first time we go to the festival
we will get double point using our Sapphire card at the festival
we then transfer those point for travel with Southwest
I just wanted to share
Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #1937
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanda7 View Post
Can someone tell me how long the Eat to the Beat concerts last? Also, are they as strict as they are during the Candlelight Processional about letting people leave during the concert?
I have left several shows. I always go to one show by any band there when I am there.... And sometimes some of them just do nothing for me. (I always just wander in and sit near the back so it's not like I am climbing over thousands of people )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #1938
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Thank you, Ms. Nala.

I remember people asking about the sippy wine mugs. Thought people would want to know that it's on sale on groupon today.

$16.99 for a Vino-2-Go Two-Pack ($25.90 List Price). Multiple Colors Available. Free Shipping and Returns.

http://gr.pn/1eJMqd5

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #1939
mickeymotto
Where in the "World" am I?

A friend of mine visited Epcot today and reported that most of the booths were open and serving all the delicious food for the F&W. Here are some of his reviews.

He enjoyed the Tipsy Duck from China. In fact, he said it was one of his favorite drinks!

The Seared scallop and tomato ragu with the kaiser xingu black lager was really good.

Ice cream martinis from France!

Pork sliders paired with the Kona Porter was one his favorites.

Grey Goose Slush...one of my personal favorites!

Lettuce wrap with kimchee slaw form South Korea was reported as tasty.

Habanero Mango Margarita was hit too!

Lemongrrass chicken curry on jasmine rice fromm Singapore was good.

Beef Empanada from Argentina was also enjoyed.

He sent me pics, but I can't figure out how to post them!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #1940
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

I'm heading to the World this afternoon. I'll be MNSSHP tonight and Food and Wine Sat/Sun. I will be doing a TR with lots of FW reviews and pics and will scan the map and passport for those who want to see them. If anyone has pic requests let me know and I will try to get pics of the food and drinks.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #1941
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Plenty of photos already up at http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013-e...d-food-photos/
Old 09-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #1942
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtommie View Post
I read somewhere earlier this year that Fin du Monde was making it's first ever appearance on draft in the US this year so if Unibroue does make an appearance I'll bet Trois Pistoles gets bumped since Fin is their flagship (WDW probably doesn't want to have more than one 9% alcohol beer on tap I would guess and Chambly and Ephemere being only 5% and cheaper by the keg would stay).
I had Fin de Monde on tap earlier this year here in VA. Let's hope they have it at the kiosk too!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #1943
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

They do have it at the kiosk - got a confirming photo on a personal account yesterday. And they do have Trois Pistoles as well...
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #1944
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I'm heading to the World this afternoon. I'll be MNSSHP tonight and Food and Wine Sat/Sun. I will be doing a TR with lots of FW reviews and pics and will scan the map and passport for those who want to see them. If anyone has pic requests let me know and I will try to get pics of the food and drinks.
"Wonderful!!! Safe trip and I'll be looking for your post!! Have a blast!

Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1945
cdtommie
Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies or nuggets for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
They do have it at the kiosk - got a confirming photo on a personal account yesterday. And they do have Trois Pistoles as well...
This makes the Beerman is very happy
cdtommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1946
PoohLover78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
God, now I am craving Food & Wine! I can't WAIT to get there! So many goodies I need to try this time! Lucky I have a 10 day park hopper. I already know where dinner is gonna be every night!
1982 WDW POR - 1985 WDW CR - 1992 DLP Cheyenne - 1995 DLP Sequoia Lodge - 1997 WDW AS Sports - 1999 DLP Newport Bay - 2001 DL off site - 2003 DL off site - 2004 WDW off site - 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge - 2009 WDW POP - 2010 DLP Cheyenne - 2011 WDW AS Movies - 2012 DLP Cheyenne - 2013 WDW off site
PoohLover78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #1947
V2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I love this website. I found it awhile back before planning my trip!

I'm so excited for my first Food and Wine Festival
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #1948
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
I'd like to see some pics of this year's merchandise, especially the t-shirts.

Thanks!

Last edited by crazy4wdw; 09-27-2013 at 01:14 PM.
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #1949
OrlandoSteve
Earning My Ears

Opening Day Lunch

Swung by EPCOT for lunch. Went on Day 1 last year as well. I remember there being more Food & Wine signage at the entrance to World Showcase in years past.

Started in Canada with the Cheddar Cheese Soup and Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce. Could have just stayed there for an hour devouring 5 portions! Is there anything better than the flavor explosion of Canada's cheddar cheese soup?! Oh wait.. there is: The Filet Mingon! Melts like butter in your mouth. Decent portion with about three or four bites, along with the creamy mushroom and truffle sauce. Canada has got to be the best F&W stop year after year.

By the way- As expected, Canada had the longest line I saw. Actually, it's two lines on either side.

I serously considered staying right there and getting seconds, but I moved on.

Next stop: France. Very short line. Got the Boef Bourguignon and Creme Brulee au Chocolat au Lait. Amazing. The beef was awesome. About 4 pieces. Very flavorful with perfect sauce. The mashed/whipped potato on which the beef was placed was a tad rubbery, but still very good. The Cream Brulee was delicious!

I figured I was done eating and kept walking around the world. Not too crowded at 11:45am. For some reason I stopped at Poland. No line. Couldn't help but try the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi. Very, very nice combination. Love Pierogi!

Now I was done, right? Feeling full, I started my way out. But again, a short line caught my eye. It's so nice to walk right up to the register! I couldn't help but think about how long the lines were going to be in an hour or so.. and then the massive lines this weekend! Wouldn't get an opportunity like this again.. so I ordered the Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun at the China kiosk.

Wish I hadn't. Not very good. I should have stopped while I was ahead!

Stomach exploding, I made my way out.

A couple of notes:

Castmembers at all the kiosks I visited were EXTREMELY friendly with big smiles!

There were two people in line for the concert! I actually really like Starship/Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Airplane, but I'm not sure I'd wait in line for 5 hours!

Thankfully it was cloudy with a little breeze. Perfect weather.

I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The top of Spaceship Earth is dirty! Has anyone else noticed that? Looks like dark splotches at the top. You can only see it from far away. Took a picture but can't figure out how to download it. Spaceship Earth needs a cleaning. That would be fun to watch!
OrlandoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #1950
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoSteve View Post
Swung by EPCOT for lunch. Went on Day 1 last year as well. I remember there being more Food & Wine signage at the entrance to World Showcase in years past.

Started in Canada with the Cheddar Cheese Soup and Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce. Could have just stayed there for an hour devouring 5 portions! Is there anything better than the flavor explosion of Canada's cheddar cheese soup?! Oh wait.. there is: The Filet Mingon! Melts like butter in your mouth. Decent portion with about three or four bites, along with the creamy mushroom and truffle sauce. Canada has got to be the best F&W stop year after year.

By the way- As expected, Canada had the longest line I saw. Actually, it's two lines on either side.

I serously considered staying right there and getting seconds, but I moved on.

Next stop: France. Very short line. Got the Boef Bourguignon and Creme Brulee au Chocolat au Lait. Amazing. The beef was awesome. About 4 pieces. Very flavorful with perfect sauce. The mashed/whipped potato on which the beef was placed was a tad rubbery, but still very good. The Cream Brulee was delicious!

I figured I was done eating and kept walking around the world. Not too crowded at 11:45am. For some reason I stopped at Poland. No line. Couldn't help but try the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi. Very, very nice combination. Love Pierogi!

Now I was done, right? Feeling full, I started my way out. But again, a short line caught my eye. It's so nice to walk right up to the register! I couldn't help but think about how long the lines were going to be in an hour or so.. and then the massive lines this weekend! Wouldn't get an opportunity like this again.. so I ordered the Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun at the China kiosk.

Wish I hadn't. Not very good. I should have stopped while I was ahead!

Stomach exploding, I made my way out.

A couple of notes:

Castmembers at all the kiosks I visited were EXTREMELY friendly with big smiles!

There were two people in line for the concert! I actually really like Starship/Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Airplane, but I'm not sure I'd wait in line for 5 hours!

Thankfully it was cloudy with a little breeze. Perfect weather.

I noticed something I hadn't noticed before. The top of Spaceship Earth is dirty! Has anyone else noticed that? Looks like dark splotches at the top. You can only see it from far away. Took a picture but can't figure out how to download it. Spaceship Earth needs a cleaning. That would be fun to watch!

Oh, thank you for the great reviews! I am going for the first time the end of next month, and I just don't have a clue!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: