Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Which TS meal to pay OOP

E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW

California Grill - Dinner
Yachtsmans - Dinner
Raglan Road - lunch
Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package
1900 Park Fayre - Dinner
Be Our Guest -Dinner
Sanaa - Dinner
50's Primetime Diner - Lunch
Narcoosees - Dinner
Yachtsmans -dinner

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated

daveymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

It really depends on what you're going to order.

Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
It really depends on what you're going to order. Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.
Never even occurred to me to split it up, this is our first time with the DDP so wasn't sure you could even do something like that..

Wasn't even sure is sharing desserts was frowned upon or not

Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Also remember the Signatures cost 2 credits (assuming you have non-premium dining plans). If you're not ordering the most expensive entrees at these, I'd pay out of pocket.

I don't think there'd be a problem sharing an app or dessert as long as the other person is also ordering something for dinner. We've dined with family not on the dining plan and we've never had a problem going family style for apps and desserts. The waiters at Yachtsman & Narcoosees even brought out extra plates and spoons for us.

I also don't think the Candlelight Processional package is worth 2 credits. I can't imagine they would charge $75 per person for Biergarten. It'll probably be in the 50s.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalajms View Post
I also don't think the Candlelight Processional package is worth 2 credits. I can't imagine they would charge $75 per person for Biergarten. It'll probably be in the 50s.
I blame DW for this as she booked the package as she wanted to make sure she saw NPH narrating

Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
gwany1999
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It really depends on what you're going to order.

Look through the menus....if there is an inexpensive item one of you wants at one of your a la carte places, then that would be the place to pay OOP for at least one of you. Remember, you don't both have to pay OOP or both use DDP at the same place. You can split it up. That way, you can share the dessert portion of the DDP and not have to buy two of them.
Just to clarify...my family (Husband and daughter and me) can go to one resturant and not use all of our TS credits in one meal? We can use two TS and then pay OOP for some other stuff?

JEnn
gwany1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwany1999 View Post
Just to clarify...my family (Husband and daughter and me) can go to one resturant and not use all of our TS credits in one meal? We can use two TS and then pay OOP for some other stuff?

JEnn
Yes you can. However, if your daughter is a Disney kid, her credits are only good for KIDS' meals, so you can't use her credits to get adult meals later. Nor can you get more than one kids' meal at a time since you only have one kid.

But, you can use one adult TS, on kid TS and then get an app or cheaper entrée OOP for the other adult or get nothing at all and just share.

One more caveat....Via Napoli will NOT allow this. If you use your DDP at all at Via Napoli, you cannot do half DDP/half OOP and share.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymc View Post
E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW California Grill - Dinner Yachtsmans - Dinner Raglan Road - lunch Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package 1900 Park Fayre - Dinner Be Our Guest -Dinner Sanaa - Dinner 50's Primetime Diner - Lunch Narcoosees - Dinner Yachtsmans -dinner Any advice or guidance would be appreciated
I would definitely not pay OOP for any buffets, and you can also not share at those restaurants, for obvious reasons . If it were me, I would go with the least expensive...probably 50's Primetime or Raglan Road, particularly as those will be lunches and likely lighter. That way you can save your credits for the pricier places.

Have fun!!

jessicamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

My general rule of thumb is that when on the DDP, a 1 TS meal needs to be about $37.50 (with tax) to be economically "efficient". (This assumes $17.50 for the QS and $4 for the snack.) So, at a Signature, you'll need to order an entree that's around $55 (assuming $3 for the drink and $12 for a dessert). At Narcoossee's, that pretty easy (Surf and Turf, lobster, etc.);at the other Sigs that might be harder. For a 1 TS location, I generally figure on entree that are at least $24 (assuming $3 for a drink, $8 for a dessert).

As PPs have said, I would look into "sharing" meals at the non-buffet locations. It helps stretch the credits (if needed). As always, you cannot share at buffets, all-you-care-to-eat/family style, dinner shows, fixed priced meals, dining packages, and dinner shows. So, you cannot share for the Biergarten with the Candlelight Processional (not that you could normally share at Biergarten anyway).

I would look at the menus and figure out which entrees sound the best and go from there. Pay OOP for the cheaper ones and use credits for the most expensive.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
E have the following ADR's which would be the best to pay OOP, there is just me and DW

California Grill - Dinner
Yachtsmans - Dinner
Raglan Road - lunch
Biergarten -Dinner Candlelight Processional package
1900 Park Fayre - Dinner
Be Our Guest -Dinner
Sanaa - Dinner
50's Primetime Diner - Lunch
Narcoosees - Dinner
Yachtsmans -dinner

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated
It depends on what you plan to order at each restaurant. If you go to all ears.net, they have all the menu's there. Estimate what the cost of each meal will be and pay OOP for the less expensive ones.

Good luck.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

I would pay OOP for lunch at 50's PT. The portions are big enough to share so you could probably get by with ordering 1 entrée. I would also skip dessert there and use a snack credit at Starring Rolls or Writers Stop for something sweet.

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the help and advice, we have since gone over the choices and made some changes

We cancelled our Be Our Guest dinner reservation and are going to try Be our Guest at lunch time, Sanaa has been changed from a dinner to a late lunch reservation and we have added Liberty tree tavern dinner reservation.

We will probably pay for 50's Primetime OOP and maybe even the Biergarten Candlelight processional package OOP too

Old 10-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will probably pay for 50's Primetime OOP and maybe even the Biergarten Candlelight processional package OOP too
Sounds like good ideas. Don't forget that stop at Writer's Stop that tluvstinks mentioned. Cupcakes, ummmm..... good to save dessert for. Get there early, though! However, milkshakes at 50's! Decisions decisions......

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #14
daveymc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFan88 View Post
Sounds like good ideas. Don't forget that stop at Writer's Stop that tluvstinks mentioned. Cupcakes, ummmm..... good to save dessert for. Get there early, though! However, milkshakes at 50's! Decisions decisions......
Had the milkshake at 50s Prime time diner last year and it was very very good

Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
AURAVAD
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes you can. However, if your daughter is a Disney kid, her credits are only good for KIDS' meals, so you can't use her credits to get adult meals later. Nor can you get more than one kids' meal at a time since you only have one kid.

But, you can use one adult TS, on kid TS and then get an app or cheaper entrée OOP for the other adult or get nothing at all and just share.

One more caveat....Via Napoli will NOT allow this. If you use your DDP at all at Via Napoli, you cannot do half DDP/half OOP and share.

Let me ask you this...
My son is 11 and we have the FD in Dec. If there is nothing that he would want to eat on the adult menu will they let me order him a cheeseburger off the kids menu and pay OOP for that and then we have an extra Adult Table service to use another time?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: