Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #46
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs
 
wilma-bride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 20,641
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
As far as dinner.. if it's possible that would be great, otherwise I told her to try and get reservations close to our time. 7 right? There would be an extra 4 people because she is taking 3 kids with her so I doubt they would let us since we are already at our max.
Hmm, I'm not sure I would have much success with adding 4 to our reservation. Might be better if she makes her own but tells them she's with our group (it's booked in my name). They might just sit us all together, you never know.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #47
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Ok so we've had a change of plans in the last week or two to our itinerary. So here's what the NEW plan looks like:

Wednesday-Nate, Myself and the two little boys are leaving that evening to head to Buffalo to stay the night prior to our morning flight.

Thursday- Evan and his Aunt Dodi and cousins leave for the loooong drive.

Thursday night- Staying I don't know where yet.... I have some requests in to rent some points for our 1 night stay. This has changed from going to Universal and using our free tickets. Oh well.... they will be there for our next trip. Also Thursday night we will be hanging out with our local friends for dinner

Friday- My parents and daughter Cassie are flying out and we are driving to Port Canaveral and meeting up with them and friends for dinner at Fishlips By this time Evan and my sister and her kiddos should be arriving.

Saturday- Boarding the Fantasy with PAT of 10:30!
Meet and great "sweet meet" before sail away

Sunday- Palo brunch
Private mixology arranged by event planner extraordinaire Wilma Bride

Monday- Grand Caymen

Tuesday- Costa Maya, going to the turtle farm

Wednesday - Cozumel going to Nochi Cocom
Pirate party

Thursday- Cabin crawl and then Halloween festivities.

Friday- Castaway Cay

Saturday-
BUT it's not over yet... heading over to AKV to stay in a 2 br before flying out on Sunday.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure I would have much success with adding 4 to our reservation. Might be better if she makes her own but tells them she's with our group (it's booked in my name). They might just sit us all together, you never know.
That's what I was thinking. I'll let her know

So I got notification that there are no studios available for our Thursday night stay... so we are open for suggestions
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #49
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Alright... it's a done deal. I officially cancelled our reservation for Portifino Bay at Universal. Well the refund on that will cover the ENTIRE cost of my sisters condo for a whole week PLUS her extra night stay. So I went ahead and decided to take the plunge and book our Thursday night stay. It didn't matter too much where exactly we stayed since we have no plans. I decided to look at Hotwire and we found a condo for $45... $57 with tax! We ended up with Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club. I think it looks great especially for the price!! Joh and I were conversing on fb while I was choosing... She said that the OCD planner in her would have a hard time booking a hotel and not knowing what it was. I said I felt a little rebellious and kinda like a free spirit! lol.

So after the last few months I have not allowed myself to get too excited as there was still a possibility of us not going. With my family on the mend I can now get excited! Although last week when this arrived from Cass, my TA I did excited!
Did I mention I have the BEST TA EVER!

Last edited by tow-mater-1; 03-07-2014 at 12:28 AM.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Okay, first off...how did I NOT know you were writing a pre-trippe????

I came over to the pre-trip report board cus I was *thinking* of adding a link to my pre-trippie here and then I saw your name and was like

Secondly...I am SO sorry about everything you and your family have had to endure lately. As you know, I've had my own struggles so I know a little about what you've all gone through but holy heck, enough already man!!!

I hate that you have been so stressed about all this when you should be excited and into planning mode!

I am crossing my fingers and toes that everything runs smoothly for ALL of you from now on going forward!

You definitely are ready and due for a vacation!

I'm glad the little packet cheered you up a little

I'm sad though that we miss you by a week...you will probably be at AKV by the time we get to the port

So in case I don't get back on here before you leave...

Bon Voyage!!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #51
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
 
PrincessTrisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
Posts: 3,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney-cruiser View Post
It seems to me that a cheaper option is to let Evan ride with PrincessTricia! And the bonus is they are stopping at a KFC Buffet!!
Hey, wouldn't be a problem for us. We have so much stuff in the car when we travel we probably wouldn't even notice a teenage boy.

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to work out all of your plans - sometimes it seems that it never rains but only pours. This is certainly a well earned vacation for you guys.

That packet from your TA looks awesome! I have to admit that I book through DU because of the OBC (DCL cruises are the only trips I ever booked through a TA - everything else I book myself; well up to our RCCL cruise in February, I used cruise compete and found a TA who would give us $150 OBC for that cruise so I booked through them). That packet you received (almost) makes me want to change TA's
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #52
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Hey Cass! funny... I was going to send you a message that you are "featured" in my TR! I'm glad you found it cuz of course that lead me to YOURS which are always HIGHLY entertaining

I hate to hear that you are going through such a hard time too and you had to deal with ME!

Here's wishing YOU a FANTASTIC cruise that doesn't suck!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #53
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Hey, wouldn't be a problem for us. We have so much stuff in the car when we travel we probably wouldn't even notice a teenage boy.

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to work out all of your plans - sometimes it seems that it never rains but only pours. This is certainly a well earned vacation for you guys.

That packet from your TA looks awesome! I have to admit that I book through DU because of the OBC (DCL cruises are the only trips I ever booked through a TA - everything else I book myself; well up to our RCCL cruise in February, I used cruise compete and found a TA who would give us $150 OBC for that cruise so I booked through them). That packet you received (almost) makes me want to change TA's
Thanks Tricia and thanks for all your advice on the drive! I'm going to go today and pick up that book you suggested for my sister She is a little freaked out by having to drive through the mountains. When we drove 10 years ago I drove through the mountains but it was a night... in a snow storm... so I can't really put her fears to rest cuz I don't know what the mountain even looked like!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #54
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck
 
cntkg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Saturday-
BUT it's not over yet... heading over to AKV to stay in a 2 br before flying out on Sunday.
Don't forget to add to Saturday: "waving to Parleyers from the ship who are waiting patiently on land by Grills at 5:00 a.m."

Hiya Char!! I also didn't know you're doing a TR. You need to advertise it!

Hope the family heals up quickly.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #55
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part
 
PrincessTrisha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Scarborough ON
Posts: 3,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Thanks Tricia and thanks for all your advice on the drive! I'm going to go today and pick up that book you suggested for my sister She is a little freaked out by having to drive through the mountains. When we drove 10 years ago I drove through the mountains but it was a night... in a snow storm... so I can't really put her fears to rest cuz I don't know what the mountain even looked like!
Driving the I-75 route will minimize the mountain experience. It's the I-90 route (starting through Buffalo) that really takes you up into the mountains (we did that route once and never again - we hit the mountains at night and it was terrible driving).

You can tell your sister that I-75 is easy to drive and that book even tells you where the speed traps are and when to use the HOV lanes or bypass some of the cities through alternate routes.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #56
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy šoš
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!
 
dizney-cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Okay, first off...how did I NOT know you were writing a pre-trippe????

I came over to the pre-trip report board cus I was *thinking* of adding a link to my pre-trippie here and then I saw your name and was like

Secondly...I am SO sorry about everything you and your family have had to endure lately. As you know, I've had my own struggles so I know a little about what you've all gone through but holy heck, enough already man!!!

I hate that you have been so stressed about all this when you should be excited and into planning mode!

I am crossing my fingers and toes that everything runs smoothly for ALL of you from now on going forward!

You definitely are ready and due for a vacation!

I'm glad the little packet cheered you up a little

I'm sad though that we miss you by a week...you will probably be at AKV by the time we get to the port

So in case I don't get back on here before you leave...

Bon Voyage!!!

You have done more trip reports than are in your signature, right? It seems to me that when I first found the disboards back in 2003, I was hooked on a trip report that you wrote about WDW. . .
__________________

************************************
dizney-cruiser
(Janice)








2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
************************************
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #57
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
Don't forget to add to Saturday: "waving to Parleyers from the ship who are waiting patiently on land by Grills at 5:00 a.m."

Hiya Char!! I also didn't know you're doing a TR. You need to advertise it!

Hope the family heals up quickly.
NANCY!!!

How could I forget to wave to my fellow Parleyers!!! I'll have to recruit Wendy and Joh and we will all wave... the 5am part might be a little hard.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #58
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran
 
tow-mater-1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessTrisha View Post
Driving the I-75 route will minimize the mountain experience. It's the I-90 route (starting through Buffalo) that really takes you up into the mountains (we did that route once and never again - we hit the mountains at night and it was terrible driving).

You can tell your sister that I-75 is easy to drive and that book even tells you where the speed traps are and when to use the HOV lanes or bypass some of the cities through alternate routes.
I'll let her know... AND she has a lead foot so the speed traps are good info that she will need.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #59
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Hey Cass! funny... I was going to send you a message that you are "featured" in my TR! I'm glad you found it cuz of course that lead me to YOURS which are always HIGHLY entertaining

I hate to hear that you are going through such a hard time too and you had to deal with ME!

Here's wishing YOU a FANTASTIC cruise that doesn't suck!
Thanks Char! Oh and it's always a pleasure to "deal" with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizney-cruiser View Post

You have done more trip reports than are in your signature, right? It seems to me that when I first found the disboards back in 2003, I was hooked on a trip report that you wrote about WDW. . .
Yes, I had a Trippie for our 1999, 2000, 2002 and 2003 trips posted on my old website. They were originally done on the DIS but I think old posts get deleted They weren't all that great anyway
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #60
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy šoš
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!
 
dizney-cruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Yes, I had a Trippie for our 1999, 2000, 2002 and 2003 trips posted on my old website. They were originally done on the DIS but I think old posts get deleted They weren't all that great anyway
Apparently, they were good enough for me to remember you
__________________

************************************
dizney-cruiser
(Janice)








2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
************************************
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.