Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
bbowman0307
Earning My Ears

Adr

When booking reservations for dinner, do we give them a credit card or do we have to pay for the dinner right when it is booked? Thanks
bbowman0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowman0307 View Post
When booking reservations for dinner, do we give them a credit card or do we have to pay for the dinner right when it is booked? Thanks
It depends on the restaurant. There are very few that require advance full payment. A number of others just require your credit card as a guarantee and if you're a no show, you will be charged a penalty per person. Others do not require any prepayment or cc guarantee.

If you are on the dining plan, you would not have to prepay.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
seashellmama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
If you are on the dining plan, you would not have to prepay.
So if we're on the dining plan, and I'm reserving online while logged into my account where our room/dinin plan reservation is linked, and I want to make a reservation for, say, the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show (which says Advance Payment Required, and which will take two TS credits per person), I would *not* have to give additional credit card information and get charged?
seashellmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are 4 dining events that require full payment when you book: CRT, Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue. If you have the DDP or DxDDP you can link your resort reservation when you make the dining reservation for these 4 and indicate you'll be using dining credits. You will not have to pre-pay, but you will still have to leave credit card info for the "no cancel/no show" guarantee.

Also there are restaurants with character meals and signature restaurants that also require cc info when you book, but nothing is charged unless you fail to cancel the res and then fail to show up at the restaurant. Here's the list:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2836290

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellmama View Post
So if we're on the dining plan, and I'm reserving online while logged into my account where our room/dinin plan reservation is linked, and I want to make a reservation for, say, the Spirit of Aloha Dinner show (which says Advance Payment Required, and which will take two TS credits per person), I would *not* have to give additional credit card information and get charged?
When you link your resort reservation you can use the dining plan and you will not be charged, but you will still have to give your cc info for the no show guarantee. If you fail to cancel before the cancellation deadline and then don't show up at the restaurant you will be charged - for theSpirit of Aloha, CRT and the other 2 dinner shows it will be the full amount. If it is a restaurant with the $10 no show fee, it will be $10 per person on the reservation.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As vicki_c posted, not all restaurants require a cc guarantee. However, for the ones that do, you will see a message stating so and will have to provide that information in order to complete the reservation and get a confirmation number for that ADR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashellmama View Post
As purple figment posted, you will have to give a cc guarantee, but your cc will not be charged unless you don't show and do not cancel ahead of time.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
to be tink
Mouseketeer

I am still not sure if we are going to get the dining plan but would like to make reservations for the Spirit of Aloha. Does anyone know if I pay for the tickets now and then do get the dining plan can I get a refund on the payment?
Thanks!
to be tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by to be tink View Post
I am still not sure if we are going to get the dining plan but would like to make reservations for the Spirit of Aloha. Does anyone know if I pay for the tickets now and then do get the dining plan can I get a refund on the payment?
Thanks!
Yes, you will get a refund. You can either call the dining line and ask that the payment method be modified, but make SURE the CM knows how to MODIFY the res. The easiest way for a CM to change the payment is to cancel the res which will automatically refund the money, and then book a new reservation. You do NOT want the CM to do that because in the time between cancel and rebook, someone else looking for a luau res could swoop in and get your now canceled res and you would be without a reservation if nothing else is available. If the CM wants to do this hang up and call back for a different CM.

Or, you could wait until you are at DW and when you pick up your luau tickets, let the CM know you now want to use dining credits instead and your credit card will be refunded.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
to be tink
Mouseketeer

Thanks Kim T! I'm booking now
to be tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: