Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #2326
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonoMoose View Post
I thought I heard someone say that the fd bounce back offer expired in november? I was told you needed to book it before you leave property.
Bounce Back offers always have to be booked before you leave. They expire at some point (no one can book), but the whole point of BBs are that you commit before you leave the World.

No trip scheduled.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #2327
shyjade
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara1988 View Post
Walked our of our room to a line of old fridges sitting outside rooms. Looks like they are replacing them. Yay!
Yay!!!

We arrive Oct 19 (staying at Pop) and have not received the "no fridge" letter in the mail yet. Has anyone else staying at Pop around the same time received one?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #2328
GhostLady
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade

Yay!!!

We arrive Oct 19 (staying at Pop) and have not received the "no fridge" letter in the mail yet. Has anyone else staying at Pop around the same time received one?
I check in on the 18th and I got the letter a few days ago. Im still holding out hope though because others have gotten the letter but still had a fridge.

Nov. 2008- POR and FW........June 2011-POP

Oct. 13th-18th, 2013--Rolling Hills and 1st visit to US/IOA
Oct. 18th-26th, 2013--POP(taking friends for their 1st visit & to celebrate their DD's 7th B-day)

Old 09-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #2329
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

Bounce Back offers always have to be booked before you leave. They expire at some point (no one can book), but the whole point of BBs are that you commit before you leave the World.
Thank you. I knew my reply didn't look right. Sorry if I confused anyone!!

The book by date is 11/15, so those checking in after won't be able to book this particular BB.

Also, if you don't find BB info in your room/packet, you can still book it. There's an extension you can call. Starts with an 8 but I can't remember the rest :-)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #2330
Patrickiii
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade View Post
Yay!!!

We arrive at Pop on the 20th and have also not received any word about fridge yet
Old 09-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #2331
sugarplumsmom
Always a Disney Dreamer

Checking in the 18th (us) and DD and her boyfriend on the 19th. Just got the dreaded "no fridge" letter. Here's hoping it's just precautionary and the fridges are in place!

Laura
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2332
vleeth
I heart Disney

Checking in on the 25th (Oct) Got the fridge letter yesterday and the bands today.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #2333
SuperDan523
Mouseketeer

Just back from Pop. Our fridge got replaced the last full day of our stay and it looked like they were doing all of building 1 at that time. First night of the stay I asked for the credit and got it without a fight for all nights ($120 credit on an 8-night stay). Magic bands and KTTW cards got unlinked on us when we changed our APs from tyvek to plastic, and the MM+ "experts" at MK did nothing to help. Front desk agent issued new (colored but not printed with name) bands but said the concierge was the only one who could verify for sure that the APs would also be linked and the concierge is only open 7a-10p. We just headed to the parks the next day anyway with our AP cards as backup and it turns out everything was fine. No problems with the bands after that.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #2334
Susiec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yay!!!

I check in the 18 th and got the later a coup,e days ago

Old 09-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #2335
ktdid23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yay!!! We arrive Oct 19 (staying at Pop) and have not received the "no fridge" letter in the mail yet. Has anyone else staying at Pop around the same time received one?
I'm checking in Oct 24 and my letter came today.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #2336
sparty7798
Mouseketeer

Here now. We are on the 4th floor of the 70s section and we have a fridge. Weather has been rainy but this afternoon the sun is back out. We have been in sept. before this same week and the crowds are huge. I can not even imagine coming at a holiday. This morning magic kingdom opened at 8:00 so we went right at opening but when I left at 11:30 to get our 2 year od a nap...I could barely get down Main Street in the stroller. The magic bands work fine but in my opinion they slow down paying at the quick service. Locations as they are temperamental and have to be lined up just so to work and then you have to enter your 4 digit code. The code sensor is very small and sometimes does not take your number correctly. Also on the fastpass rides you have to scan the bands twice which slows up the line. Pop caf is fine but he lines to checkout are long because the bands take longer than swiping the card. Nap time is over.
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2012
Pop Century-September 2013
Disney Dream Cruise-March 2015
Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #2337
kastoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparty7798 View Post
Here now. We are on the 4th floor of the 70s section and we have a fridge. Weather has been rainy but this afternoon the sun is back out. We have been in sept. before this same week and the crowds are huge. I can not even imagine coming at a holiday. This morning magic kingdom opened at 8:00 so we went right at opening but when I left at 11:30 to get our 2 year od a nap...I could barely get down Main Street in the stroller. The magic bands work fine but in my opinion they slow down paying at the quick service. Locations as they are temperamental and have to be lined up just so to work and then you have to enter your 4 digit code. The code sensor is very small and sometimes does not take your number correctly. Also on the fastpass rides you have to scan the bands twice which slows up the line. Pop caf is fine but he lines to checkout are long because the bands take longer than swiping the card. Nap time is over.
Here now too also with a 2 year old who is currently napping. Agree on the crowds. Did MGM today and even the great movie ride had a 20 minute wait. Think that was the first time I've had to wait in fifteen years ; ). Someone tell Congress the economy is apparently recovered.

Magic bands and fast pass plus are working great but agree they slow things down. Don't know why we have to scan them twice for every ride, makes no sense to me..

On FrigGate 2013 good news is we don't have one of the recalled frigs. Bad news is we have nothing at all. In the 70s section with a lake view.

WDW 78, 86, 89, 90, 94, 97, 99, 01, 10
Disneyland 86, 89 & 07 (Honeymoon)
Planning for our daughters 1st Visit in Sep & 3rd Bday for Feb 14
Old 09-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #2338
chanda7
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if POP has a way to deal with perishables on check-in if the room is not ready? Could you check a cooler and come back to the desk to pick it up instead of having it delivered?
Old 09-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #2339
shyjade
DIS Veteran

I shouldn't be surprised we didn't receive the no fridge letter yet. We also haven't received our MagicBands...they should've shipped a week ago but never did.

I've called Disney's IT every day this week and nobody understands why the order's been fulfilled yet no orders to ship them. Yesterday's CM put through a new "expedited" order, which according to the CM today when I called, has also been fulfilled. Once again, those MB's are sitting with no orders to ship them.

I know, I have 23 days till we arrive so I shouldn't worry. However, it seems EVERYONE on the DIS going on our same day has received theirs (excluding those who live out of the country). When Disney can't figure out what the problem is, I feel a bit justified to worry.

General consensus is we may or may not receive them, and could get stuck with grey ones at check in. Considering I customized them at 60 days out, I can't help but feel less than confident about the new system.

Here's to hoping something magical happens and they ship soon!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #2340
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyjade

Yay!!!

I'm staying 10/26-11/2 and I just got the letter today.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: