Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2013, 11:56 PM   #11
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michelle View Post
Emme, if you have a Whole Foods near you at home they usually have Macarons in their bakery. The pistachio ones are divine!
I may or may not have driven an hour to get some today Thank you so much, I had no idea! No pistachio ones today, but they did have cappuccino and passion fruit! So yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
We just returned from the 7 day Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy concierge cabin 12524. We took a taxi to Maho Beach Sunset Grill and ate pizza and watched the planes land and take off. Windows got blown out of a couple of cars. Taxi was $20 for 2 of us each way. Ask Julia or Kemisha (concierge hostess) to print out a plane schedule for that day showing takeoffs and landings. Make sure you get there for the KLM 747 landing, usually some time before noon. The others are non-eventful. On St Thomas, we did the zip line adventure. It was a blast, I highly recommend it.

We asked for dining rotation AERAERA and did Palo night 2 and Remy night 3. You do not want to miss any Animator's Palate nights. Request Sergio from Montenegro as your server. He's the absolute best and will get you anything if you ask him the night before. Sergio will offer his suggestions, we learned to trust him. We ate sea bass every night. Palo was a perfect meal, Remy was a great experience, but I enjoyed the food more at Palo. I wouldn't do Remy again, but would do Palo twice if I could.

There is enough food out all day long in the concierge lounge, that we never ventured out for breakfast or lunch. And you can get a full hot breakfast delivered to your stateroom if you wish. Just ask Julia for the menu to order the night before.

Be glad to answer any of your questions. BTW, we will be in Nashville next weekend for the Here Come The Mummies concert!

Brian
Hi Brian! Thanks for the advice on Maho! I had no idea about the breakfast delivery. I always hate the line in Cabanas, so we will definitely have to take advantage of that! While you're in Nashville, I recommend eating at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It's always so good and usually very crowded! Also if you have a sweet tooth for ice cream check out Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams on Eastland ave. They have the best flavors. If you want good ole southern cooking, Loveless Cafe is about 30 outside of Nashville, but totally worth it.Be sure to make a reservation for Loveless or get there super super early! Hope you have fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
Our favorite thing to do in St. Thomas is to shop in the Royal Dane Shopping area off of Main Street and Veteran's Drive (a quick taxi ride or longer walk from the ship). While there, for the absolute best authentic Caribbean experience and food ever, have lunch at Glady's Cafe, located right in the Royal Dane Shopping area (any local knows where it is). Great, great food, it is open for breakfast and lunch only.

If you are looking for a full-island tour, head out to Main Street and look for the red open air truck driven by Dawud (sp), a Bob Marley look-alike (although much younger). He typically holds his tour sign out on Main Street up the alley from Glady's in front of the jewelry shops. He is an artist, historian and all-around fun guy who gives great tours (at a reasonable price).

Enjoy!
Thank you for the St. Thomas ideas. That shopping sounds like it's right up our alley! Hopefully I can convince everyone to try Glady's! Sounds delicious!

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: