Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #676
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets
I just went to do online checking for our AoA suite and the only special request option was for a pack n play?? Is this normal?
Yes, the options during online check in have always been very limited. It is always best to call and have any requests added to your reservation.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #677
magictam2
Mouseketeer

The thread dropped to page 4. We can't have that. I'm at 64 days till we leave for sunny Florida. Weather here is cold with a small chance of snow on the benches. I'm already dreading winter!

Has anyone here experienced fastpass+ and magicbands? Rumors are November is now open for both. I arrive 11/30 but nothing for me.....yet, I hope.

Have a great day.
magictam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #678
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
The thread dropped to page 4. We can't have that. I'm at 64 days till we leave for sunny Florida. Weather here is cold with a small chance of snow on the benches. I'm already dreading winter!

Has anyone here experienced fastpass+ and magicbands? Rumors are November is now open for both. I arrive 11/30 but nothing for me.....yet, I hope.

Have a great day.
Yes, I was able to get both last night. You have to be 60 out though, so check back then!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #679
kalee45
Mouseketeer

We wont be arriving until late May. Do you think the Magic Bands and FP+ will all be fully out by then?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #680
gorkt
Mouseketeer

Anyone care to share the best room locations for the finding Nemo area? I was thinking a water view might be nice, but is it far from the food court and buses?
DS Orion 9

Many trips as a child and young adult
Dec 2006 - First Family Trip - BWV / All Star Music Suites
Nov 2009 - 10 day Wilderness extravaganza - 5 nights Cabins/5 Nights WLV
Nov 2013 - AoA Finding Nemo - Nov 2-11th

Hopefully returning in 2016!
gorkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #681
michigandergirl
Earning My Ears

Just did online check-in and was a bit confused by the "4th floor" and "highest floor" room request. The 4th floor is the top floor right? We are in the Nemo section.

Btw, I also customized our MB's and made Fastpass+ selections. So exciting! 59 more days!
michigandergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #682
KaLyn
DIS Veteran

We have a Little Mermaid room reserved. I know it's a good hike away from the bus stop, but I figure it can't really be any worse than being in the Country Western building at ASMusic during our last trip (which was without kids). Anywho, I was curious if there's really that much of a difference in distance between getting from building 7/9 to the bus stop and from building 8 and the bus stop. We have 2 kids (6 and 3) and I was wondering if I should request to be in building 7 or 9 to save us a few steps or just go with whatever.

Me28 DH30 DD6.5 DD3.5
Past Trips:
April 27-28, 2009: All Star Music Resort - Country Western Area
This was our quick-take-a-Disney-vacation-to-get-a-feel-of-what-it's-like-before-we-have-kids-to-drag-along trip.
Planning in Progress:
May 4-10, 2014: Coronado Springs Resort
This is our the-kids-are-only-little-for-so-long-so-lets-make-this-as-magical-and-as-awesome-as-possible trip.
KaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #683
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkt View Post
Anyone care to share the best room locations for the finding Nemo area? I was thinking a water view might be nice, but is it far from the food court and buses?
None of the Nemo rooms would be far to AH, at least compared to the other sections. I'm assuming "water view" would encompass both pool and lake? Which would be a majority of the rooms in the Nemo section. If you are looking for a lake view, that would put you in the farthest part of the building from AH, but still closer than the people in LM, LK, and the farthest building of Cars.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
mom2cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #684
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLyn View Post
We have a Little Mermaid room reserved. I know it's a good hike away from the bus stop, but I figure it can't really be any worse than being in the Country Western building at ASMusic during our last trip (which was without kids). Anywho, I was curious if there's really that much of a difference in distance between getting from building 7/9 to the bus stop and from building 8 and the bus stop. We have 2 kids (6 and 3) and I was wondering if I should request to be in building 7 or 9 to save us a few steps or just go with whatever.
If saving a few steps is more important to you than view or something else, I would request 7 or 9. Building 8 isn't THAT much farther, but you would have to walk around the pool, which makes it seem longer.

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #685
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigandergirl View Post
Just did online check-in and was a bit confused by the "4th floor" and "highest floor" room request. The 4th floor is the top floor right? We are in the Nemo section.
Just a guess, but highest floor may be to request the highest floor available at the time the assignment is made -- perhaps for those who want to avoid the ground floor but don't mind which floor that is.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #686
michigandergirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Just a guess, but highest floor may be to request the highest floor available at the time the assignment is made -- perhaps for those who want to avoid the ground floor but don't mind which floor that is.
Ok, that's what I was thinking as well. Thanks!
michigandergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #687
Pinkerella
Earning My Ears

I was thinking about booking the LM rooms for our next trip, my little girl is princess crazy! But my husband is 6'4" does anybody know if the double beds would be long enough for him? Last time we did POR royal rooms , I think they had queen.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #688
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

AoA December 2013

We're going to be staying at AoA in December 2013 just before our Disney Cruise.

I was reading through this thread (from the start) to see various tips and experiences everyone had.

There are lots of acronyms that everyone seems to be using and since I'm new to the forum I don't understand what some mean (others I kind of figured out).
Is there a page here on disboards that explains all the various acronyms that people use most commonly.

Thanks

Dec 2010, DCL (Wonder) Bahamas
Dec 2013, DCL (Fantasy) Eastern Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA
Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights DCL (Dream) Bahamas + 7 nights CSR
Dec 2015, DCL (Fantasy) Western Caribbean + TBD WDW
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #689
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanataDad View Post
There are lots of acronyms that everyone seems to be using and since I'm new to the forum I don't understand what some mean (others I kind of figured out).
Is there a page here on disboards that explains all the various acronyms that people use most commonly.
This thread might help. If there's something that's not on there, just ask. Welcome to the DIS!

Old 09-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #690
KanataDad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
This thread might help. If there's something that's not on there, just ask. Welcome to the DIS!
Thanks so much - this is really doing to help.

Dec 2010, DCL (Wonder) Bahamas
Dec 2013, DCL (Fantasy) Eastern Caribbean + 4 night DW AoA
Dec 2014, 1 night POR + 4 nights DCL (Dream) Bahamas + 7 nights CSR
Dec 2015, DCL (Fantasy) Western Caribbean + TBD WDW
KanataDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: