Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #151
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post

It did not work. Using our AP card or KTTW card, it said this ticket was not used for park entry.
We used our KTTW cards on September 17 (exactly one week ago) to pull paper Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania after using our our magic bands to enter the park and after using Fastpass+ reservations for Toy Story Mania with our magic bands. The KTTW cards absolutely worked to pull the paper fastpasses. I suppose it's possible that Disney could have changed things since we were there a week ago. Any other magic band and Fastpass+ users have trouble pulling paper fast passes today with their KTTW cards?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #152
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
We used our KTTW cards on September 17 (exactly one week ago) to pull paper Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania after using our our magic bands to enter the park and after using Fastpass+ reservations for Toy Story Mania with our magic bands. The KTTW cards absolutely worked to pull the paper fastpasses. I suppose it's possible that Disney could have changed things since we were there a week ago. Any other magic band and Fastpass+ users have trouble pulling paper fast passes today with their KTTW cards?
I know it has worked, it worked for us on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I also know it did not work today at AK. So your point is

I also know with Disney they could be doing random testing of denying it. I am not the least concerned we did not get them, simply relaying what I experienced.

If we had entered with our card copy AP, maybe it would still work, but that is not what we did. So I was sharing what we used and what happened.

We don't have tickets on KTTW as we have Annual Passes.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #153
AuroraRora
Princess

I've noticed most the times people have problems double-dipping, its at AK, could it be just an AK thing. I'm wondering if I'm better using my AP to get in even with my MB. If you've linked your AP to the MB, can you still use the plastic card AP to get in, or is it deactivated now I've linked it to the MB? I know when I looked on MDE, it says I have an active MB, active AP, and two old active KTTW cards...
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #154
Punzie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockash View Post
When we were there the 1st week of Sept....the CMs never asked for our KTTW card for EMHs, they would just look at the band and say you're good to go (this was pm EMH nights at MK and Epcot.). I didn't think about it at the time but they really would have had no idea if we were current resort guests, but I'm guessing it wasn't high on their list of priorities as the magicbands were just in testing. - Same thing happened at Fantastic!...the CMs had no way of knowing if we actually had a fastpass for the show but we just showed our magicband and they just assumed we did (we did) and let us in the section.
I wondered this same thing at our emh . How do they know I didn't have this from before! I was a resort guest but it was my first thought. I guess when the whole thing is working we may have to scan like we are redeeming a fp and get green lighted but holding up a handed wrist proves nothing! It wasn't crowded so I didn't really care, but still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBelle View Post
Ah ha! But NO ONE knows what the reality is going to be.

I believe that the "double dipping" as people call it is close to reality. I think you will be allowed to make 3 ADVANCE FP+ and then pull more on the day you are in the park - in whatever park you are in with the advance FP+ you have not affecting it thereby having fastpasses in multiple parks.

What I don't know is how they will determine when and how many "day of" fastpasses you will be able to pull. I don't think that 3 FP+ in HS for TSMM at 3 pm, RnR at 4 pm, and TOT at 5 pm will prohibit you from pulling a 10 am fastpass for Peter Pan in MK.

This is what I'm hoping for and suggested in my survey. I will be totally fine if it works this and I don't see why it can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Eeeek.... this makes me nervous. I'm not really a fan of FP+ and while I"m trying to set some up, I'm honestly hoping to mostly use the normal ones because that's what I know what works for us. I'm not even sure I'll use the FP+ except maybe for a couple shows in the evening. I've gotten so frustrated with trying to plan these silly things out, and only having 3 per day, and having to create a schedule weeks in advance.... yuck. I don't like it!!!
I hate the scheduling too, and let me tell you - all my ride ones got switched around. It just doesn't work well because there are too many variables. To be honest, a lot of the switching had to do with no or low waits. So I'd switch that fp to another ride bc why waste it?! Or bc the ride we had a fp for had a low wait earlier in the day and so we already rode it and didnt feel like again.

It's so much different than planning a meal- which is bad enough.
Punzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #155
Patience
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know it has worked, it worked for us on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I also know it did not work today at AK. So your point is
I was simply wondering, since you weren't able to pull a paper fastpass today, if something has changed recently to make magic band testers no longer able to pull paper fastpasses. I have a friend who will be at WDW later this week and I told her that we were able to pull paper fastpasses last week. If that has changed and magic band testers can no longer get paper fastpasses, I'll let her know.

Last edited by Patience; 09-24-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #156
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was simply wondering, since you weren't able to pull a paper fastpass today, if something has changed recently to make magic band testers no longer able to pull paper fastpasses. I have a friend who will be at WDW later this week and I told her that we were able to pull paper fastpasses last week. If that has changed and magic band testers can no longer get paper fastpasses, I'll let her know.
I think at this point, the best advice is plan for the unexpected. We use them for days without problems and then could not use them today at AK. Tomorrow is Epcot and we will see.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #157
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The point is that it's either a change or a glitch.

Glitch is FAR more likely, given the last 9 months of Disney changes.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #158
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We have an Annual pass, hard copy, we have KTTW plastic card and a Magic Band. Today at AK we could only use the Fastpass plus we booked. We used our Magic band for park entry.

Any attempt to get anything else using either the KTTW or our Annual pass was denied.

Just reporting what happened to us today at AK.
We've had the same problem. Apparently the MB system isn't working at all well with Annual Passes. If you go to Guest Relations at one of the parks they can sort it put for you. We found EPCOT was the best at fixing it once and for all!
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #159
cobright
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post

How is it a level playing field when both groups have access to paper fastpasses, but only 1 group has access to FP+?
The field is level because getting to use mb/fp+ has associated costs that the other group does not incur.

In order to use the new system I must put up with a great deal of uncertainty. Will my colorful new room key actually open my door? Will my PP+ pics be there when I get home?

Also, I must limit my choice of resorts if I wish to try the new system. Does Disney tell you you can't pull paper fp if you stay at pofq? That's what we had to deal with.

You want to talk about leveling the playing field, come back when that first group of yours has to put up with the BS using the new system entails.

Yeah, it's a cool new system and I enjoy using it a great deal. Make no mistake though, Disney asked ME to test it for them not the other way around. I'm the one doing them the favor. And like many others, if it meant giving up the legacy fp system, I would not have signed up.
cobright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #160
heathere3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
I've noticed most the times people have problems double-dipping, its at AK, could it be just an AK thing. I'm wondering if I'm better using my AP to get in even with my MB. If you've linked your AP to the MB, can you still use the plastic card AP to get in, or is it deactivated now I've linked it to the MB? I know when I looked on MDE, it says I have an active MB, active AP, and two old active KTTW cards...
You can still use the AP card, I had to today. My MB somehow "forgot" it had my AP on it, so it was a good thing I had the card on me!

We are 4/4 so far in having to go to Guest Relations for different issues each day. At least we're patient, and enjoying the tech Excited for our BOG fastpasses tomorrow. I'll be happy to try to answer anyone else's questions about our experiences
heathere3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #161
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post
The field is level because getting to use mb/fp+ has associated costs that the other group does not incur.

In order to use the new system I must put up with a great deal of uncertainty. Will my colorful new room key actually open my door? Will my PP+ pics be there when I get home?

Also, I must limit my choice of resorts if I wish to try the new system. Does Disney tell you you can't pull paper fp if you stay at pofq? That's what we had to deal with.

You want to talk about leveling the playing field, come back when that first group of yours has to put up with the BS using the new system entails.

Yeah, it's a cool new system and I enjoy using it a great deal. Make no mistake though, Disney asked ME to test it for them not the other way around. I'm the one doing them the favor. And like many others, if it meant giving up the legacy fp system, I would not have signed up.

So you agree it awards an advantage to the tester?

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #162
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think at this point, the best advice is plan for the unexpected.
I have been advising and practicing something similar.

It needs to be understood this system should not be marginalized. It cannot be seen from inside a vacuum and we all need to understand what was yesterday may not be today and what is for this family may not be for our family.

If you agree to testing, you are agreeing to those terms. If you want control of your FPs, do not sign up for MB testing, otherwise, you could be at mercy of the attractions they push and their desire and/or ability to remove you from the paper FP system.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #163
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobright View Post

Ok then put yourself in my shoes. I have 2 day tickets that I can't add to my account and can't upgrade until I get there. So no fastpass+ for me. But I am going in December when every resort is on the system. So I get to wait and hope there will be anything left when I get there. I can't use fastpass+, so I HAVE to use regular fastpass, and it's going to be a very busy time of year. So will there be anything left?
So you get access to both... and I don't know that I'll even have access to one system.
I didn't pay less than you, I'm not staying offsite, I'm still throwing $7000 at Disney but I get to wonder if we'll stand in lines all darn day. And to add to the fun I get to watch people such as yourself justify why you think you deserve access to anything you can get your hands on. Disney asked you to participate. You know you could have said No. You wanted to test it. So really that doesn't wash.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #164
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
I was simply wondering, since you weren't able to pull a paper fastpass today, if something has changed recently to make magic band testers no longer able to pull paper fastpasses.
Yesterday at MK I was able to get FP using both my paper AP and my KTTW, while also using the FP+ I had scheduled in advance.

My American Express card, however resulted in "This is not a valid FastPass".

My next experiment will be to try and pull a FP using the water park tickets I recently converted to RFID. (Almost everything is a walk-on this week, especially with the weather, so my FP tests are strictly for the sake of expanding the universe of knowledge.)
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #165
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Here's the thing though... now that a large majority of resorts are "magic band" resorts, you really don't get to "choose" the old system. You get bands as your KTTW card no matter what.

I'm seeing two different answers (and questions) depending on if I'm on my computer or on the MDE App.

On the app: Q: I am FP+ eligible, but I did not request FP+ selections ahead of time. When I arrive at the theme parks, can I still get regular FP?

A: No. If you are eligible for FP+ and you used a paperless ticket linked to your MB or KTTW card to enter, you are not eligible to use the regular FP system. However, if times are still available you can request selections on your mobile phone using the MDE app.

If you did not use a paperless ticket linked to a MB or KTTW card to enter the park, then you can use the regular FP distribution system.

But on the website-- I see this:

Q. If I don’t make FastPass+ selections in advance, will I be able to experience my favorite attractions at the theme parks?

A. All attractions still provide a standby queue—assuming they are not closed for refurbishment. If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

For even more on-the-go flexibility, download the My Disney Experience mobile app to select and modify FastPass+ experiences, plus access your vacation details, maps and up-to-the-minute information.

If you are not FastPass+ eligible, you are still eligible to use FASTPASS service. All FASTPASS tickets are subject to availability and are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.

So the FAQs aren't even giving the same answers!!!!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: