Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
topsy
Mouseketeer

Alaska September 2nd-9th 2013 - Our EPIC adventure!

Well, this report has already started badly. I promised myself that I would get home and crack on with writing it as well as sorting my 3000+ photos and designing a photo book. Yeah, that didn’t happen. This annoying thing called life got in the way – how dare it!

So, now that it seems like a lifetime ago that we went on this trip, I am going to make a start on my TR. Let me introduce the all British cast –

Me! I’m Kirsty, I am from Somerset (I live in a village just outside Bath for anyone who is interested), 26 and self-confessed Disney addict.

My good friend Elle, who turned 29 on the day we flew out to Vancouver, lives in the south-west and is studying Law at Exeter University.

Elle and I met in 2008 when we were both working in Epcot at the Rose & Crown on the Cultural Representative Program. We weren’t really friends until we went into service training together (one of the most intense weeks of my life!).

Our Disney addictions have fuelled one another’s ever since! We’ve stayed at AKL, OKW, ASMovies and Boardwalk Villas, gone on a 7 night DCL Western Caribbean cruise, had a 2 week dining plan visit to WDW, a long weekend at Disneyland Resort Paris and often dreamed of what comes next…

I had been looking at the Alaska cruise for months, originally wanting my boyfriend to go with me but he wouldn’t commit as Disney and cruises are just not his thing. A chance meeting with Elle in January this year meant we chatted about all things Disney over dinner and the cruise came up. We joked about how fun it would be to go and low and behold, the next day, we were booked on the last cruise of the season!

Originally, we had booked an inside room as it was the cheapest option. About a week later we upgraded to the last available navigators veranda, a decision we are so glad we made. Some of the best moments of our cruise happened when out on our balcony, and as it wasn’t entirely open, we were shielded from the rain and cold.

Anyway, that’s enough of the background. Let’s get on with the show!

When planning our trip, I really enjoyed reading other TRs and particularly loved the ones with photos and videos. With that in mind, I am going to make this as informative and picture filled as I can. I appreciate this may get a little boring if you’re not a details person so I will apologise in advance!

Last edited by topsy; 09-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.
topsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: