Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #136
brockash
DIS Veteran

When we were there the 1st week of Sept....the CMs never asked for our KTTW card for EMHs, they would just look at the band and say you're good to go (this was pm EMH nights at MK and Epcot.). I didn't think about it at the time but they really would have had no idea if we were current resort guests, but I'm guessing it wasn't high on their list of priorities as the magicbands were just in testing. - Same thing happened at Fantastic!...the CMs had no way of knowing if we actually had a fastpass for the show but we just showed our magicband and they just assumed we did (we did) and let us in the section.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #137
DizBelle
CSI: Can't Stand Idiots
Slimy yet satisfying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post
I agree! Honestly, I have no problem with people "double-dipping" during this testing because that's the way Disney has set it up. I'd do the same thing! However, it is absolutely not an accurate test of FP+!! I don't get it. How can you decide if FP+ is a good thing or not if its not testing how it will really work? If we indeed wont be able to have access to FP- when we have FP+ when its rolled out for good, then thats a completely different scenario that has not been tested!
Ah ha! But NO ONE knows what the reality is going to be.

I believe that the "double dipping" as people call it is close to reality. I think you will be allowed to make 3 ADVANCE FP+ and then pull more on the day you are in the park - in whatever park you are in with the advance FP+ you have not affecting it thereby having fastpasses in multiple parks.

What I don't know is how they will determine when and how many "day of" fastpasses you will be able to pull. I don't think that 3 FP+ in HS for TSMM at 3 pm, RnR at 4 pm, and TOT at 5 pm will prohibit you from pulling a 10 am fastpass for Peter Pan in MK.

Veni, vidi, Visa (I came, I saw, I shopped)

Some people should use a glue stick instead of chapstick.

====================================

====================================
DizBelle is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #138
Sammie
DIS Veteran

We entered the park using our Magic band. When we tried to use our card to get regular fastpass, we received a pass that said, NOT valid due to not using this ticket to enter park.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #139
patrickpiteo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
We entered the park using our Magic band. When we tried to use our card to get regular fastpass, we received a pass that said, NOT valid due to not using this ticket to enter park.
That was your KTTW card?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #140
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I'm worried about. I thought I remembered hearing in the past that you could only get a FP with the ticket you used to enter the park.
wendy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #141
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1974 View Post
That's what I'm worried about. I thought I remembered hearing in the past that you could only get a FP with the ticket you used to enter the park.
If you have an AP, double dipping won't be a problem.
JanaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #142
wendy1974
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaDee View Post
I don't. I asked the question on this thread that if we had problems with our MB scheduling FP+could we use our KTTW cards and was told other people were able to do it but now someone is saying they couldn't...
wendy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #143
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Eeeek.... this makes me nervous. I'm not really a fan of FP+ and while I"m trying to set some up, I'm honestly hoping to mostly use the normal ones because that's what I know what works for us. I'm not even sure I'll use the FP+ except maybe for a couple shows in the evening. I've gotten so frustrated with trying to plan these silly things out, and only having 3 per day, and having to create a schedule weeks in advance.... yuck. I don't like it!!!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #144
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1974 View Post
I don't. I asked the question on this thread that if we had problems with our MB scheduling FP+could we use our KTTW cards and was told other people were able to do it but now someone is saying they couldn't...
You should be able to use your KTTW card in place of the MB. That is why they are giving KTTW cards along with the MB ~ for when the MB gets buggy and doesn't work.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #145
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We do have an annual pass.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #146
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We do have an annual pass.
We still need to use the AP card to get in the parks, so until they close the loophole, you can use your MB for pre-reserved FP+ and use your AP to pull regular FP.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #147
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickpiteo View Post
That was your KTTW card?
We have an Annual pass, hard copy, we have KTTW plastic card and a Magic Band. Today at AK we could only use the Fastpass plus we booked. We used our Magic band for park entry.

Any attempt to get anything else using either the KTTW or our Annual pass was denied.

Just reporting what happened to us today at AK.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #148
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Maybe you could then simply enter with your KTTW card so you can use it for regular FP during the day...

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #149
JanaDee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have an Annual pass, hard copy, we have KTTW plastic card and a Magic Band. Today at AK we could only use the Fastpass plus we booked. We used our Magic band for park entry.

Any attempt to get anything else using either the KTTW or our Annual pass was denied.

Just reporting what happened to us today at AK.
You could have entered using your AP.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #150
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We still need to use the AP card to get in the parks, so until they close the loophole, you can use your MB for pre-reserved FP+ and use your AP to pull regular FP.
It did not work. Using our AP card or KTTW card, it said this ticket was not used for park entry.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: