Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #106
asmit4
DIS Veteran

So it's more fair to testers to only have 3 FPs period ALL day long?

I'd skip the MBs if I couldn't use FP-. 3 FPs is RIDICULOUS- especially in MK. MK should have at LEAST 5 FPs.
November 2013- Wyndham Bonnet Creek/AS Sports
October 2014- DVC- Saratoga Springs/Wyndham BC
asmit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #107
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
How is it a level playing field when both groups have access to paper fastpasses, but only 1 group has access to FP+?

This (double dipping) is one of the main reasons Magic Bands and FP+ are getting rave reviews right now. Which isn't a problem as long as everyone remembers what you are testing is not reality.
I agree! Honestly, I have no problem with people "double-dipping" during this testing because that's the way Disney has set it up. I'd do the same thing! However, it is absolutely not an accurate test of FP+!! I don't get it. How can you decide if FP+ is a good thing or not if its not testing how it will really work? If we indeed wont be able to have access to FP- when we have FP+ when its rolled out for good, then thats a completely different scenario that has not been tested!

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
DAZY3BYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #108
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post
I agree! Honestly, I have no problem with people "double-dipping" during this testing because that's the way Disney has set it up. I'd do the same thing! However, it is absolutely not an accurate test of FP+!! I don't get it. How can you decide if FP+ is a good thing or not if its not testing how it will really work? If we indeed wont be able to have access to FP- when we have FP+ when its rolled out for good, then thats a completely different scenario that has not been tested!
The test isn't for us to see if we like it. The test is for Disney to see if THEY like it. And to make changes as necessary.

I agree it's not an accurate test of FP+, but since they're allowing the "double dipping" I would imagine that Disney's not really testing FP+ yet. They're just gearing up for it by allowing minimal use of the system.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #109
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZY3BYZ View Post

I think part of the idea is to make people fall in love with it, before you let them know what it really is (by letting them experience it). Put a good taste in their mouth, then feed them what it really is.

I mean, that's kind of how marketing works for alot of new businesses. I knew someone who opened a Papa Murphy's franchise and (off the record) said they had a formula in place for how much toppings they put on a pizza to start, then how they reduced the amount of toppings they put on a pizza over the next few months/year.

Same kinda of idea.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #110
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
The test isn't for us to see if we like it. The test is for Disney to see if THEY like it. And to make changes as necessary.

I agree it's not an accurate test of FP+, but since they're allowing the "double dipping" I would imagine that Disney's not really testing FP+ yet. They're just gearing up for it by allowing minimal use of the system.
I agree with what you're saying but I think it gives people a false sense of what FP+ will look like when it rolls out in full. People saying its great and they can schedule and change things as needed easily may not be the case when its available to all. People just need to realize that what they were testing may be a test for Disney but for the guest its not reality.

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
Old 09-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #111
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think part of the idea is to make people fall in love with it, before you let them know what it really is (by letting them experience it). Put a good taste in their mouth, then feed them what it really is.

I mean, that's kind of how marketing works for alot of new businesses. I knew someone who opened a Papa Murphy's franchise and (off the record) said they had a formula in place for how much toppings they put on a pizza to start, then how they reduced the amount of toppings they put on a pizza over the next few months/year.

Same kinda of idea.
Completely agree.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #112
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmit4 View Post
If you choose to participating in testing, yes. You have the option to, or not to participate.

Quote:
I'd skip the MBs if I couldn't use FP-. 3 FPs is RIDICULOUS- especially in MK. MK should have at LEAST 5 FPs.
As would I. Which is why alot of people are dreading the day paper FPs are removed from the equation and "testing" concludes.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #113
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Same kinda of idea.
I agree. I do think Disney is trying to show everyone how wonderful it will be. I hope it really is but I just hope people are discerning enough to realize that what they are currently testing is not real.What FP+ will really be like has yet to be seen...

Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #114
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

My "prediction" is that the ABC, New Years Eve Disney Announcement will be when we can expect MB to go live, and I expect that to be some time around Mardi Gras/Spring Break in 2014.

I think they wanted to test it all summer, tweak it this fall, then go through the holidays, then tweak it this winter, then roll it out some time before next summer (giving them an entire year of testing in every season).

What will be interesting is if, at any point, people have to make the decision that if you participate in MB testing, you will no longer have access to double dip how many people will continue to test. It is undoubtedly the reason ALOT of people are testing and lets face it, Disney needs people to test.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #115
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I guess activating the MB activates the KTTW simultaneously. But then what about people using old KTTW cards from previous trips??
My basic understanding is that the FP machines have been set to accept all KTTW cards that do not have tickets attached, without regard to the dates of travel because the system isn't "sophisticated" enough to cross reference expired vs. active cards. I gather that it's not a loophole worth spending the time to figure out since it's so temporary & most visitors aren't thinking about bringing old, expired cards to the parks.

It only works if the expired KTTW cards were for RO resservations & have never had any park tickets tied to it. We have them since we book RO to use with our AP's.

So yes, last week I was able to use our RFID APs to pull FP at BTMRR & then go immediately to Splash & pull FP for each of us using our KTTW cards from Dec 2012. It gave us return windows that were close together & we would have been able to ride both back to back. However - we pulled the extra FPs simply for nostalgia purposes. We rode SB because the lines were only 10-15 mins and pocketed the FPs we pulled for our favorite rides to keep for our scrapbooks.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #116
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, stand by. Unless they change things in the future, that's the way it will be once they bring FP+ online for everybody and sunset the Legacy FP. What we have now is "One Shining Moment" for those who get to use FP+ and also use Legacy FP. It won't continue.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #117
asmit4
DIS Veteran

Most people tend to agree that we will likely be able to get more than 3FPs per day when FP+ fully rolls out. If they offered us 6 FP+ that could be used at any park (via prebooking) I'd be down with that for onsite guests.

At 5 I'd be OK with it, any less than 5 and IMHO- it's not as good as FP- for me. I also need to be able to pick 5 at ANY park provided I have hoppers. I might pick 3 at MK, then pick Safari and Test track, all for 1 day.

The reason they are allowing the double dipping is because it's not really double dipping when you only get 3 FP+ attractions.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #118
dayvewc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadedFairy View Post
My basic understanding is that the FP machines have been set to accept all KTTW cards that do not have tickets attached, without regard to the dates of travel because the system isn't "sophisticated" enough to cross reference expired vs. active cards. I gather that it's not a loophole worth spending the time to figure out since it's so temporary & most visitors aren't thinking about bringing old, expired cards to the parks.

It only works if the expired KTTW cards were for RO resservations & have never had any park tickets tied to it. We have them since we book RO to use with our AP's.

So yes, last week I was able to use our RFID APs to pull FP at BTMRR & then go immediately to Splash & pull FP for each of us using our KTTW cards from Dec 2012. It gave us return windows that were close together & we would have been able to ride both back to back. However - we pulled the extra FPs simply for nostalgia purposes. We rode SB because the lines were only 10-15 mins and pocketed the FPs we pulled for our favorite rides to keep for our scrapbooks.
Yeah, I'm probably someone that Disney (and other FP users) doesn't like. I have been pulling a few FP- every time I go to Disney to save for my scrapbooks. I try to get a different ride each trip. So, I'm taking a FP I have no intention of using, just to have it and save. Ooohhh, I feel evil.
July '09 and New Years Eve '09 offsite . Spring Break '11 Orange Lake , August '12 WorldGate , July '13 Orange Lake , Halloween '13 Saratoga Springs , Spring Break '14 Orange Lake , July '14 Silver Lake , Spring Break '15 DisneyLand Grand Californian

dayvewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #119
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Most people tend to agree that we will likely be able to get more than 3FPs per day when FP+ fully rolls out. If they offered us 6 FP+ that could be used at any park (via prebooking) I'd be down with that for onsite guests.
But most do not tend to think that all FPs will be able to be pre-booked. Most tend to think you will have the opportunity for same day FPs the same way you do now, just accessed through MyMagic+ with from your personal device or a kiosk.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #120
asmit4
DIS Veteran

I think 3 to start and then an option to receive a few more same day would be fine. Most just want to know for sure that they will have the ability to get more than 3 per day and the option to park hop. If they won't allow FP for more than 1 park per day I'll be skipping hoppers in the future. We FP like CRAZY and I won't go to a park if I can't FP.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: