Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #661
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Back at WDW! Had an amazing Dream voyage, ready to blow it out with the Fantasy!
Hi Kelly! How was your "do-over" cruise? Hope no one got sick. It was too bad about the rain in Mexico. We ended up canceling Maya Chan and just wandered around Costa Maya. Cozumel was still a fun excursion even though we had to wear ponchos the whole time. Overall we had a great trip and so far no one is sick! (knock on wood!). Hope you guys had a great time.

Was that you in the sports sim area on the first sea day? I talked to someone briefly, but never thought anything of it until later. then I wondered if it was you.
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #662
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post

Hi Kelly! How was your "do-over" cruise? Hope no one got sick. It was too bad about the rain in Mexico. We ended up canceling Maya Chan and just wandered around Costa Maya. Cozumel was still a fun excursion even though we had to wear ponchos the whole time. Overall we had a great trip and so far no one is sick! (knock on wood!). Hope you guys had a great time.

Was that you in the sports sim area on the first sea day? I talked to someone briefly, but never thought anything of it until later. then I wondered if it was you.
Crap! That was YOU?!?! I thought y'all looked familiar! Dangit, I NEVER pay attention or recognize people! Gah!

We had a fab time! Drank way too much the first night then pigged out on room service. Only ate at the MDR the first night. With the exception of Palo for our anniversary we went on a whim every night after. Unfortunately, our whim didn't want to dress for dinner. At all. LOL! It was relaxation to the utmost. at least twice we spent entire evenings curled up watching movies and having room service picnics. Formal night Tracey finally cannonballed the Quiet Cove pool (we were the only ones there) after over a year of me daring him to do it. SO FUN!!! We could've done without the excursion at Grand Cayman but are glad we did it. Saw the biggest barracuda I've ever seen! Costa Maya we never left the ship. No clue what we did. I'm sure napping was involved. Cozumel we had our manatee interaction in the pouring rain. That was fun. Watched a drunk chick totally lay out on the pier near the gangway yacking in the late afternoon. They brought a wheelchair off the ship to fetch her. Never saw that happen before. We laughed and laughed....then laughed some more later when the ship was really rocking, knowing that chick was probably wishing for death. LOL! Castaway Cay was beautiful weather, wasn't it??? We did the kayaking and hiking thing. Really enjoyable and a different perspective altogether. Returned to the ship early and finally hit up Satellite Falls. Dreamy! All in all, it was a fabulous do-over. Nobody got sick! The last day or so I was pretty well ready to be home but that's because I'd already been away from my "babies" for so long. Coming home wasn't so bad at all.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #663
jenf22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
Crap! That was YOU?!?! I thought y'all looked familiar! Dangit, I NEVER pay attention or recognize people! Gah!

We had a fab time! Drank way too much the first night then pigged out on room service. Only ate at the MDR the first night. With the exception of Palo for our anniversary we went on a whim every night after. Unfortunately, our whim didn't want to dress for dinner. At all. LOL! It was relaxation to the utmost. at least twice we spent entire evenings curled up watching movies and having room service picnics. Formal night Tracey finally cannonballed the Quiet Cove pool (we were the only ones there) after over a year of me daring him to do it. SO FUN!!! We could've done without the excursion at Grand Cayman but are glad we did it. Saw the biggest barracuda I've ever seen! Costa Maya we never left the ship. No clue what we did. I'm sure napping was involved. Cozumel we had our manatee interaction in the pouring rain. That was fun. Watched a drunk chick totally lay out on the pier near the gangway yacking in the late afternoon. They brought a wheelchair off the ship to fetch her. Never saw that happen before. We laughed and laughed....then laughed some more later when the ship was really rocking, knowing that chick was probably wishing for death. LOL! Castaway Cay was beautiful weather, wasn't it??? We did the kayaking and hiking thing. Really enjoyable and a different perspective altogether. Returned to the ship early and finally hit up Satellite Falls. Dreamy! All in all, it was a fabulous do-over. Nobody got sick! The last day or so I was pretty well ready to be home but that's because I'd already been away from my "babies" for so long. Coming home wasn't so bad at all.
I thought you looked familiar, but your husband didn't look how I remembered him, so I dismissed it. Oops!

I think our favorites were Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. We had so much fun holding the turtles at the Turtle Farm and we thought Stingray City was a blast! Castaway was perfect. We were able to find a set of chairs that stayed in the shade most of the day. We didn't even have many people around us either. We found a bartender who told us when the "2 for 1" was at the bar. So we waited until then to get our Konk Koolers. We even got Ryan a virgin one.

Ryan rode the Aquaduck 18 times! So he had a blast too!

We're booked on an Oct-2014 Southern on the Magic. I'm hoping my folks can save up enough money by then to come too. I booked it on opening day with the intent of re-shopping onboard. When I check onboard, the price for our room had gone up almost $1000! I was in shock. So I just left the reservation alone and totally spaced that I still should have booked a dummy date. Doh!

Sounds like your cruise was way more relaxing than ours - we were go, go, go the whole time. But we had a great trip!

Maybe we'll see you again (and recognize you this time!)
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: